BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

The trouble with Venkys is that they still think the manager should run the whole club and not just the football side of it.

They need to set up a proper structure, a structure that runs every aspect of the club in the correct way. Then they need to rely on that structure to advise them of the best manager to appoint and when to dismiss etc.

Thirdly they need to realise that a club with no supporters will cease to exist. They need to have regular communication with the supporters, something that has been missing for several years.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

Leave Pelissier alone. Lorient are my team when I'm in France.  My husband has been watching lorient for nearly 30 years and I've been to the Moustoir countless times. 

You don't want to go to France🇨🇵,i find driving🚘 straight through the best option. 😂😂👍 Anyway surely rovers needs come first 👍 and your reaction tells me you think he's done well too. Out of curiosity do they play well under Pelissier? Does he have them over achieving?

I want a manager who drags the players to the roll of honours board,  taps it & says "that! That there! That is what this club is & where it should be. Now let's go & do something about it"

Not "ah well lads,  you see that there. That was ages ago, we can't possibly ever hope to be up with that lot ever again"

If we get an identity under Mowbray we might as well play in beige!

I'm almost at the ABM stage now. The list of who I wouldn't want gets smaller by the day. 😪

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Ulrich said:

You don't want to go to France🇨🇵,i find driving🚘 straight through the best option. 😂😂👍 Anyway surely rovers needs come first 👍 and your reaction tells me you think he's done well too. Out of curiosity do they play well under Pelissier? Does he have them over achieving?

In normal circumstances I spend about 10 weeks a year, sometimes 13 or 14 in Brittany. I dont think Pelissier would do well at Rovers as it's a very different set up and I haven't a clue  whether he speaks English. Any manager that can get his team, in the relegation zone, to beat PSG with most of their big stars playing has to be doing a good job. They're still hovering around the relegation zone but did well away at Marseille yesterday, only beaten by a late goal.

I'm not sure for me that Venkys Rovers do come first. I feel less connection with the current set up than I do with other teams I'm interested in in other sports or playing football in other countries. Do I want Rovers to do well again? Yes of course I do. Will I be back at Ewood? Not for the foreseeable future.

Being a Rovers fan ceased being a joy even before Venkeys turned up. It ceased being even something I enjoyed shortly after their arrival, and although I persisted as a season ticket holder, they lost me when they closed my stand and appointed Coyle at the same time. Either of those and i might have hung on but both together was too much. I still follow scores when were playing and theres always part of me that rejoices in a win but I no longer feel the connection that took me all over the country. I no longer plan my life around attending Ewood. I no longer go to youth games. I no longer know who we're playing over the next 6 weeks or enter the entire season's fixtures in my diary when they come out.

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Ulrich said:

They can all cut it playing at their clubs, no one questions that, but when it is all english playing as a collective they have a big tendency to underachieve.  If they could play as they do at their clubs, I think you'd win something, but to date you have not.  It is odd but clearly it is to do with 'english' players playing solely together, they are better at club level, against better teams, when playing with players from other nations.  It is quite bizarre, but very much seems the case, a purely English attitude/approach/unit/whateverwordyouwant doesn't win trophies in football (yet we do in other sports, so it's an English football thingy majig).

My dads generation (70s) were England players who knew what it takes to win trophies and given England haven't won diddly squat since, I don't think any generation has had that knowledge since.  Knowing how to be the best, is not the same as actually finishing 1st.  Wayne Rooney should have been a player not far off Messi etc, but alas he was knackered by 28, the supposed physical prime in football. 

What trophies did England win in the 1970s?? I think we failed to qualify for two World Cups! 

When I was younger, 80s - 90s - 00s, England had lots of heart and passion, a dangerous cutting edge, but lacked technical ability. Now, IMO, England seem to have technical ability (well we can play more than 442 at last and don’t give away possession as cheaply as previous generations) but seem to lack the heart and passion of previous generations.

19 hours ago, roverandout said:

Hansi flick anyone?

Going for the Germany manager job

19 hours ago, Ulrich said:

What about Gareth Southgate?  😉

Why is he leaving the England job to come to Rovers? 

18 hours ago, neophox said:

All this Mowbray bullshit talk about identity... Rovers need a new manager asap.

We don't the right players to play this possession based game he wants to play. We need a manager that will play the players in correct positions

18 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Villas Boas would be nice and some eggollars to spend, he's not even 40???

Ivan Leko would be a good fit LOL.  TBF before his 'issue' he was doing rather well, won the belgium league and cup in his first season with Brugge (playing good football too apparently). 

Christophe Pelissier would be another interesting choice Lorient have done very well under him. 

Why AVB? 

Would any of the 3 managers you named be interested in coming the championship and Rovers? Plus would they meet the criteria for a work permit? 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Going for the Germany manager job

Why is he leaving the England job to come to Rovers? 

We don't the right players to play this possession based game he wants to play. We need a manager that will play the players in correct positions

Why AVB? 

Would any of the 3 managers you named be interested in coming the championship and Rovers? Plus would they meet the criteria for a work permit? 

Villas boas has an English grandparent. He must have an English passport 

Wow, tell me this isn’t the guy to take Rovers back to the Premier League. If Venkys really care about bums on seats they should have him as #1 target this summer, whether Wycombe stay up or not.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Wow, tell me this isn’t the guy to take Rovers back to the Premier League. If Venkys really care about bums on seats they should have him as #1 target this summer, whether Wycombe stay up or not.

He is full of passion and its good to listen to him. I think he should be one of our candidates we interviewed along with Chris Wilder, Mark Hughes, Alex Neil, Gary Rowett, Uwe Rosler and Veljko Paunović

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Surely Rovers > some random French team though, yeah?

This is not some random French team. It's the team I've watched every time I could for the last 20 or so years. In the last 10 years I've probably watched them more than Rovers. I've stuck with them from the days when they had Kevin Gameiro up front with Vahirua, through days in Ligue 2 when they lost all their decent players and really struggled back to their fluked promotion last season. I think I probably know more about their players than I do Rovers' nowadays. They're certainly easier to watch. Rovers have my heart but not my interest

Edited by gumboots

2 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Its surely not wise to conclude that someone has to be our next manager and is capable of promotion purely off the back of an impressive and passionate interview.

Based on his CV, then very well maybe, but not based on his interviews or indeed who he supports.

10 minutes ago, gumboots said:

This is not some random French team. It's the team I've watched every time I could for the last 20 or so years. In the last 10 years I've probably watched them more than Rovers. I've stuck with them from the days when they had Kevin Gameiro up front with Vahirua, through days in Ligue 2 when they lost all their decent players and really struggled back to their fluked promotion last season. I think I probably know more about their players than I do Rovers' nowadays. They're certainly easier to watch. Rovers have my heart but not my interest

If he can fluke a promotion, we definitely need him here.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its surely not wise to conclude that someone has to be our next manager and is capable of promotion purely off the back of an impressive and passionate interview.

Based on his CV, then very well maybe, but not based on his interviews or indeed who he supports.

Would you be happy if we did appoint him based on his CV? 

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you be happy if we did appoint him based on his CV? 

Not sure about @roversfan99, but I would definitely be a returning season ticket holder if Ainsworth was appointed. 

Alas, I can see him going to Preston and us being stuck with a guy who is like a house guest over staying his welcome.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No.

Why? 

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Not sure about @roversfan99, but I would definitely be a returning season ticket holder if Ainsworth was appointed. 

Alas, I can see him going to Preston and us being stuck with a guy who is like a house guest over staying his welcome.

I would be happy with an Ainsworth appointment. He is tactically aware and he shown that against us when he switch formation against us and Mowbray had no answer to it. 

I dont see him going to Preston cos they want an head coach and not manager type. 

• Like 1