BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Signing Mourinho wouldn't reignite the fan base.

The proof is in the pudding - we'd wait to see what runs out there on Saturdays. If it's more tripe then it doesn't matter what the name of the manager is. 

Respectfully, I disagree with you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Some ambition would be nice. 

Just something people can believe in.

Not sure replacing Mowbray with Wycombe's manager shows that, but I suspect they'll make such a mess of this from here that he'll end up looking like a great appointment compared to the more likely alternative of keeping Mowbray.

Surely appointing the right manager whether its a Wilder or Hughes, Ainsworth or Rowett type on the budget we will have next season and getting the recruitment right within their tactical approach. I am open to foreign head coach under Sporting Director in the right circumstances aswell.

This summer decisions are vital we get it right if we are going to progress next season 

5 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

If they have any realistic thoughts on getting into the Premiership then there are only 2 options out there:

Eddie Howe and Chris Wilder.

Howe is in talks with Celtic 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Has to be the Barnsley manager if they don't go up. 

Ainsworth, meh. He might do well, but I think people are basing a lot off his connections to the club. Without that, he wouldn't be mentioned. He's basically in the same category as the Rotherham manager if you take the local lad stuff away. 

I would suggest that the Barnsley Ismael will have bigger clubs and possible PL club like Palace(who I have seen his name link with) and possibly Sheffield United. 

Why wouldn't Ainsworth get a mention for this job considering the job he has done at Wycombe on a shoestring budget and Warne at Rotherham has had financially more than Ainsworth has?

30 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why wouldn't Ainsworth get a mention for this job considering the job he has done at Wycombe on a shoestring budget and Warne at Rotherham has had financially more than Ainsworth has?

Because its Wycombe and they're bottom of the league?

Gary Johnson did a good job and got Yeovil to the Championship. Anyone want him?

This is Blackburn Rovers and we need to get to the PL. The reason we are in this mess is because we cut corners and go cheap/easy on appointments and go for people who are just grateful to be here.

I dont get this obsession with looking down the leagues and trying to be clever and find someone different or new.

Why not just target someone established. Remove lots of risk and pay them the going rate.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because its Wycombe and they're bottom of the league?

Gary Johnson did a good job and got Yeovil to the Championship. Anyone want him?

This is Blackburn Rovers and we need to get to the PL. The reason we are in this mess is because we cut corners and go cheap/easy on appointments and go for people who are just grateful to be here.

I dont get this obsession with looking down the leagues and trying to be clever and find someone different or new.

Why not just target someone established. Remove lots of risk and pay them the going rate.

Look at Wycombe budget compare to ours? 

Thats was years ago. Time to move on. 

No we are in this mess cos the owners got it badly wrong from day 1 when we were in the PL. We have made wrong appointments like Coyle or Kean. 

What is wrong with looking at manager who has managed 2 promotions on shoestring of a budget? The job he done there has been remarkable. 

Yes look at Hughes or Wilder or Rowett and interview them. Even appointing them there is the same risk as appoint someone like Ainsworth. But appoint the best manager/head coach for the job we can get after interviewing 4 or 5 candidates at least. 

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Wycombe with its Rovers-supporting manager who has led his club to rock bottom of the league are losing again. Why anyone wants him to replace Mowbray is very hard to fathom

Because Mowbray is a tosser. 

• Like 1

Maybe this is all some sort of strategy from Venkys. They know we're desperate for Mowbray to go, they know they will eventually get rid of him. They know the longer this goes on, the more desperate we will get so when it does eventually happen we'll put up with whatever shithead they inevitably appoint in his place.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Wycombe with its Rovers-supporting manager who has led his club to rock bottom of the league are losing again. Why anyone wants him to replace Mowbray is very hard to fathom

What do you think of Wilder, Jim? He led his club to bottom of the league and got sacked for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely appointing the right manager whether its a Wilder or Hughes, Ainsworth or Rowett type on the budget we will have next season and getting the recruitment right within their tactical approach. I am open to foreign head coach under Sporting Director in the right circumstances aswell.

This summer decisions are vital we get it right if we are going to progress next season 

Howe is in talks with Celtic 

I would suggest that the Barnsley Ismael will have bigger clubs and possible PL club like Palace(who I have seen his name link with) and possibly Sheffield United. 

I would be surprised if a PL team went for him. Palace will appoint a bigger name than him. 

He has done well with Wycombe. I wouldn't be against him getting the job. I just think there are better candidates out there and worse ones of course 

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

To be fair, they did end up winning the game. I agree with the sentiment though. I personally feel like we need to be looking for better, especially if we have any real ambition of getting back to the Prem.

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would be surprised if a PL team went for him. Palace will appoint a bigger name than him. 

He has done well with Wycombe. I wouldn't be against him getting the job. I just think there are better candidates out there and worse ones of course 

Who are these so called bigger names? 

I've seen they be linked with Eddie Howe(still in talks with Celtic), Swansea head coach Steve Cooper, Burnley manager Sean Dyche and Barnsley head coachValérien Ismaël

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Its a reminder of quite how bad Venkys have been to this club in every regard that Barnsley's manager would almost certainly hold no interest whatsoever in becoming our manager.

Valérien Ismaël is the head coach there not manager at Barnsley as they have a different Footballing structure. 

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Jump the gun yet again Jim. Didn't they win last night? 

Ainsworth has done a great job at a very small club. It was obvious they would struggle in this division, but that would’ve been the case had Klopp, Tuchel or Guardiola been manager. 
He’s done well to have them still in with a shout of staying up.

I would sooner we go for someone with clear potential than someone who had success long ago or someone who only appears capable of mid table Championship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who are these so called bigger names? 

I've seen they be linked with Eddie Howe(still in talks with Celtic), Swansea head coach Steve Cooper, Burnley manager Sean Dyche and Barnsley head coachValérien Ismaël

Valérien Ismaël is the head coach there not manager at Barnsley as they have a different Footballing structure. 

Jump the gun yet again Jim. Didn't they win last night? 

Well you have just given 2 "so called bigger names" there in Dyche and Howe.  Let's wait and see anyway and not go off what's written in the tabloids. As I said, I would be surprised if they go for the Barnsley manager and I think we should be all over that, if we had any ambition. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well you have just given 2 "so called bigger names" there in Dyche and Howe.  Let's wait and see anyway and not go off what's written in the tabloids. As I said, I would be surprised if they go for the Barnsley manager and I think we should be all over that, if we had any ambition. 

Ismaël used to play for Palace in his playing days and he isnt a manager at Barnsley but a head coach there so how much involved does he have recruitment and scouting players there? 

Does Dyche seen it as upgrade? 

• Backroom
27 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Just read it too. Disgusting. Honestly, people need to protest. This is a slap in the face to fans. 

The LT are as bad running that article without any criticism of the manager. 

If we are to protest, time is running out.

2 home games remaining.

• Like 3

I can't believe they are using Covid as an excuse, like it impacted on us only. Injuries the same, when we played Stoke they basically fielded a B team (they beat us anyway, of course)

I can't believe we have been saddled with these useless owners. Infuriating doesn't even come close.

• Like 5

I like your optimism Paul, I just wish I could share it. I just feel that we're stuck in Mowbrayville for ever. I've had the optimism for a change sucked out of me.

However, who knows what's going on in Barry's head, we could end up with anything from Mourinho to Judan Ali.

If I look at things realistically, then Ainsworth looks like a decent, realistic shout which I could definitely get behind. The lad has earned his chance to get a bigger gig and we all know that he would at least inject a bit of passion and would have the best interests of the club at heart. He'd be 100% all the time, no going through the motions, no keeping your mates happy etc. Yes, he'll make mistakes along the way, but he looks like the type that would learn from them unlike Moggasaurus. He's proved that this season with Wycombe.

My first choice would be Chris Wilder and he fits Venky's previous as being out  of work, so no compo to pay. A left field suggestion, which I've mentioned before, would be Roberto DiMatteo. He has managed in this league before, has had success at both Championship & PL level as well as Bundesliga, & is out of work. My only worry is he's been out of the game for 5 years & his last spell at Villa was a bit of a disaster. It would certainly make a statement of intent though.

I just hope that it's not from the usual HSH agency stock or we'll end up with Pulis, Robins or Hypia.

• Like 5