BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

Is Ainsworth under contract at Wycombe for another year and if so would we pay compensation to lure a manager from another club.? When did we last do that? 
Ainsworth seems to be No.1. choice with the Nobber’s fans, for many of the same reasons that have been put forward on here. 

Just can’t beat a bit of raw f****** passion, and for that reason alone I want Ainsworth, guy would walk here if offered the job. 

Wilder, Marco Silva or even Lampard will all be looking for work this summer in the championship. Think there is a really good selection of managers out there, let’s see who fancies it.

I agree with the above, Tony and Venkys have probably reached an amicable agreement where Tony saves some face and Venkys save some money. As soon as we are mathematically safe, it will be announced and we can spend a few weeks collecting applications.

Venkys have the money to hire anybody they want too. I hope they are starting to realize how important the job is, someone like Wilder got a similar budgeted team to ours, rolling and into the premier league.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tabula Rasa said:

Some are saying it doesn't matter if Ainsworth is a Rovers fan. Or even that that might get in the way.

I disagree.

We need someone with the club's interests at the heart of their decision-making.

The lad speaks with the same accent as Uncle Jack.

Come on. We need some real passion around the place.

My eldest daughter's boyfriend works for ADI who do the advertising boards and TVs at most football grounds. He was at Adams Park just after the start of the season on the Friday afternoon prior to Wycombe playing on Sky at  lunchtime on the Saturday. As he was working to repair one of the boards and chatting to his workmate, a voice behind him said "Na'then, that sounds like a proper accent". He turned round & it was Ainsworth. He said GA seemed like a good bloke & took the time to have a 10-15 min chat with him.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

My eldest daughter's boyfriend works for ADI who do the advertising boards and TVs at most football grounds. He was at Adams Park just after the start of the season on the Friday afternoon prior to Wycombe playing on Sky at  lunchtime on the Saturday. As he was working to repair one of the boards and chatting to his workmate, a voice behind him said "Na'then, that sounds like a proper accent". He turned round & it was Ainsworth. He said GA seemed like a good bloke & took the time to have a 10-15 min chat with him.

I read some interesting stuff recently about the difference between a manager and a leader.

In short, a leader is not a strongman just someone you are prepared to get behind.

'Na'then' is the language my grandad used to use.

He was strong-minded and fair-minded. Like most Lancashire folk of his generation.

If Rovers are looking for an identity...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, windymiller7 said:

Me and Ainsworth were in our local (we share the same local) and we were both pissed chatting about the players we knew and talking for ages about Blackburn, management etc.

He's a top bloke.

• Like 3

Id be delighted if we took a bit of a punt on Ainsworth, if it works out it could be brilliant and just the spark needed to revitalise the first team, if it doesn't work then meh! Not like there's much to lose at this point. 

Mowbray is now firmly in Kean territory for me and is just making me gag with every bit of nonsensical drivel he comes out with.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tabula Rasa said:

'Na'then' is the language my grandad used to use.

He was strong-minded and fair-minded. Like most Lancashire folk of his generation.

If Rovers are looking for an identity...

Th'ar reet theer lad. Get 'im in and by gum we'll mek it a day.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Id be delighted if we took a bit of a punt on Ainsworth, if it works out it could be brilliant and just the spark needed to revitalise the first team, if it doesn't work then meh! Not like there's much to lose at this point. 

Mowbray is now firmly in Kean territory for me and is just making me gag with every bit of nonsensical drivel he comes out with.

That's how i  see it, might as well be him as a Mark Robins or similar, i feel the same about Neil. It's a case of why not, what's to lose after what we've seen the last few seasons.  If it ends up the same fair enough but some might say ( even TM himself) why change ?

That's not the point though as the better the devil you know scenario doesn't wash in his case anymore. I think he needs a break from it as well and such a mad world is football he will get another gig after he's recharged his batteries. It'll never ever be as cushy as this one, that's the problem. He'll need prizing away from it or booting.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Better candidates. His managerial career highlights are 2 runs at Button. Why would you want him? 

Look at the instant impact he had results there and saved them when they going down. We need a manager who can have instant impact here. 

Better candidates. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look at the instant impact he had results there and saved them when they going down. We need a manager who can have instant impact here. 

Better candidates. 

So you would be happy with Hasslebaink because he kept Burton up? I would prefer someone with experience of recently getting into the championship play offs