BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbrays Successor

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is there a name of a replacement being spoken about?

Nope as there isn't a vacancy until that happens its pointless speculating,

if mowbray is sacked do the go back to hsh so pulis, jewel etc. Or will they actually make a bold appointment, my betting is on neither and mowbray blagging to stay on

• Like 1

There'll be no vacancy until about October then it'll be someone from within stepping up.  Followed a browse of the usual HSH scrapheap to see if there's another Mowbray on there.

Meanwhile he'll have his feet up in Teeside looking for his next pension contributor. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, yellowsubmarine said:

Let's face it. I think he's not getting sacked anymore. He's already planning which player he is keeping or not next season.

On today’s evidence he is not making ANY plans for next season. Too busy giving players long-service awards. Yet rewarding youngsters for a great season is seen by some as the wrong thing to do. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The bloke at Bolton has worked wonders there. 

Loved his interview yesterday. Talked on the need to push on and go back to back. About growing the club, getting everyone around the club united and wanting to see kids with Bolton shirts on rather than City and United in the town.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LDRover said:

Loved his interview yesterday. Talked on the need to push on and go back to back. About growing the club, getting everyone around the club united and wanting to see kids with Bolton shirts on rather than City and United in the town.

If Mowbray stays in position they may well be waving at us as they pass us on the way up and we go in the opposite direction. They have everything we don't - engaged owners, positivity among the fanbase and hope for the future - not to mention season tickets on sale for 21/22.

Chairman Sharon Brittan said "I am delighted that we are able to offer your season tickets at a lower price than you paid last season if you renew during the early purchase period"

• Like 4

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

That’s what gets me down about Mowbray, there’s absolutely no passion in anything he says.

Radio Lancs interviewer - “ What did you make of today’s game Tony . “

Mowbray - Long pause as the gears in his brain start to turn over. Sucks his teeth. Then a slow stream of platitudes that never make a lot of sense emerge.

It’s as though he’s being asked if his piles are still bothering him ! 

He’s just a joy free zone.

• Like 7

• Backroom

PNE have announced Franke McAvoy as their new manager and Paul Gallagher as first team coach.

Gareth Ainsworth is still available and would crawl over broken glass from Wycombe to Ewood if he was offered the job. We can but dream... 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Madon said:

PNE have announced Franke McAvoy as their new manager and Paul Gallagher as first team coach.

Gareth Ainsworth is still available and would crawl over broken glass from Wycombe to Ewood if he was offered the job. We can but dream... 

Are the Preston fans happy with that appointment? Fairly underwhelming I would say 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are the Preston fans happy with that appointment? Fairly underwhelming I would say 

Majority appear to be. His record is pretty good since he took over temporarily in fairness W5 D2 L1.

Hah, I wouldn't be happy with that at all if I were a PNE fan. When does this type of thing ever work out? Cheap option indeed.

Still probably finish above us again mind if we have Mowbray for the entire of next season.

• Like 2

Talking to PNE fans at work and most are 'OK' with the appointment though not particularly excited - as you would expect.

They keep pointing out two previous internal managerial appointments that went well - David Moyes and Billy Davies

What would it take (apart from £5m a year perhaps) to persuade Sean Dyche to take the Rovers job?

He's done a brilliant job and gets very little praise for it in the media.

I'd even allow him to keep living in Northants...... well away from Clarets fans

7 hours ago, Meesh said:

Always a bad omen!

Ainsworth is contracted to Wycombe until 2025 or beyond. Preston wouldn't have paid that compensation. Not my words, but words from one of their message board some time ago.

Rules us out then.

8 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sometimes these types of appointments work out but more often than not, they start well and then fade quickly.

This bloke is 53 years old, never been a manager before in his life and has spent the last 7 years being an assistant to the bloke they just sacked. Those 7 years by the way, being the only 7 years as an assistant or anything close to in his career and he never played professionally either.

Feels like an appointment straight outta the Venkys top drawer. Driven largely by one factor, he'll be the cheapest option around.

They couldn't have picked a less inspiring choice if they tried.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Sometimes these types of appointments work out but more often than not, they start well and then fade quickly.

This bloke is 53 years old, never been a manager before in his life and has spent the last 7 years being an assistant to the bloke they just sacked. Those 7 years by the way, being the only 7 years as an assistant or anything close to in his career and he never played professionally either.

Feels like an appointment straight outta the Venkys top drawer. Driven largely by one factor, he'll be the cheapest option around.

They couldn't have picked a less inspiring choice if they tried.

Well, they could have taken Mowbray.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Was the same for Mowbray in league one, but most viewed him as some sort of messiah.

Depends what precedes you. Anyone who at that time appeared to be a fairly ordinary run of the mill manager would have been feted because they weren't their predecessors

23 hours ago, Meesh said:

Always a bad omen!

Ainsworth is contracted to Wycombe until 2025 or beyond. Preston wouldn't have paid that compensation. Not my words, but words from one of their message board some time ago.

I've obviously not seen Ainsworth's contract - but Kean had a clause in allowing him to leave for the sum of 12 months of his salary. You'd guess that would be a fairly standard clause I would have thought.

So I'd expect any compensation to be around 12 months of his salary - and he can't be on a fortune as Wycombe boss.