BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Birmingham - Away, Sat 2nd Jan

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

If Travis gets injured today then Mowbray wants firing on the spot!

I am a huge Travis fan - but he can't possibly be 100% match fit. TM comments also won't have helped - soft under belly, missing Travis etc. will just encourage daft challenges which won't be helped by his lack of match sharpness.

Nice to see Davenport given a start - he has shown a bit of bite in his odd cameos.

Rothwell dropped to bench ? hopefully just keeping him fit.

Defence is a huge worry - unfortunately picks itself due to injuries.

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, with Dack to come on in the ‘10’ position...potentially for Gally with Elliott moving out wide.

Quick one...why start Trav and not Dack?

Reading Mowbray comments recently, he is concerned about the lack of fight etc the soft underbelly as he said, Rovers for me lack real leaders, I think Trav brings that

There will be concern from the medical department about him starting, he's over the knee injury but it's other issues that can occur after long lay off, let's hope he doesn't break down, I cant see him being at full tilt but his selection should lift the players

and I'm going to say Davenport will suprise a few today, it's about time he was given a shot, let's hope this is a start of a run of games for him

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The long-haired fella from Newcastle and the Scottish lad in the PL was a low point.

Peacock and Dailly 😂 yeah that was pretty bad. 
Our top scorer scored 5 that season! Wasn’t good at the back or up top.

• Like 4

Having a son who now lives in the midlands and has married into a Birmingham supporting family, St Andrews has become a regular visit for me. The FA cup game last season there was one of the worst Rover's displays I've ever witnessed, so today has to be an improvement on that .....  ??

• Backroom

Great to see Travis nearing a return but throwing him in from the start makes me nervous 

Having said that this is the type of game we normally end up winning 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

So I stepped away for a few games as I couldn't handle Mowbray's ineptitude.

Where's Nyambe? Do we not have any Academy prospects that could play RB? Douglas shouldn't be getting on the pitch at LB, never mind at RB.

Where's Ayala? 

It's in the thread, but all injured.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Where's Nyambe? Do we not have any Academy prospects that could play RB? Douglas shouldn't be getting on the pitch at LB, never mind at RB.

Where's Ayala? 

Pike is a RB. On bench. Really confused why he isn't playing.

The more I look at the team maybe we are changing system? Can't figure out what it is mind. But playing 433 with those players is insane.

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Where's Ayala? 

Nyambe has covid, Ayala hamstring, Douglas is a better option at right back rather than throw young Pike in, if Pike has a nightmare it could kill him, young players need to be brought in at the right time, now isn't it for me

• Like 1