BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Kit supplier and sponsor from 21/22

12 hours ago, Ossydave said:

That definitely explains it then. 

The price has gone over 20k dollars a container now (that's if you can even manage to get containers) its an absolute mess.

we get a container every 3 months and the prices are just ridiculous, but while retailers (or whoever is buying) pay, then they'll continue charging.  Without getting political, are we importing that much more to justify the rocketing container costs or is just profiteering post-Suez?

27 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Easy, make the kit look right with the halves on the side they should be 

I think they'll revert back to the traditional way next season. When home kits have been released in the past, there are usually comments about it looking exactly the same as a previous kit, so having the halves the way they are this season stops that and may increase sales as a result of it.

In regards to the third kit, I'm wondering if this is why the club turned down Ribero's offer to repreoduce the play-off kit, as they alreadyhad plans to have a remake of it this season and didn't want to harm sales.

1 hour ago, JWU-Andy said:

we get a container every 3 months and the prices are just ridiculous, but while retailers (or whoever is buying) pay, then they'll continue charging.  Without getting political, are we importing that much more to justify the rocketing container costs or is just profiteering post-Suez?

Oh mate there's a whole host of reasons.

Oil prices up

Port congestion, brexit hasn't helped cos of additional paperwork customs declarations etc 

Lack of equipment, the whole suez canal fiasco meant containers sat in the wrong places and even now ports like Ningbo are short 

Obviously covid. Outbreaks in China at Ningbo and Yantian will close whole ports, they take no risks. I believe Yantian may be locking down again.

Add to that the shipping companies have us all by the bollocks, whoever pays most gets their stock. Big dogs like Amazon will pay it and cripple the rest.

• Like 1

Went in for the yellow shirt for me and my daughter . Told sometime in September. So bought the red and black one for us both. Asked is there anywhere to try it on. Obviously there wasn’t. So bought them and took them to McDonald’s toilets to try on. Both where miles to small my seven year old needed a 12-13 and my large which in every other shirt football or not fits wouldn’t go over my head. Took mine back obviously they had no other sizes so had to refund me 50 quid . Best make the walk on tax a fiver before the fans get blamed for us not generating enough income

Edited by Oldgregg86

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Went in for the yellow shirt for me and my daughter . Told sometime in September. So bought the red and black one for us both. Asked is there anywhere to try it on. Obviously there wasn’t. So bought them and took them to McDonald’s toilets to try on. Both where miles to small my seven year old needed a 12-13 and my large which in every other shirt football or not fits wouldn’t go over my head. Took mine back obviously they had no other sizes so had to refund me 50 quid . Best make the walk on tax a fiver before the fans get blamed for us not generating enough income

seems the shirt sizes are well out and seem small for a normal football shirt. 

Look like I won't be buying one then despite likely all 3 shirts for the first time in years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

seems the shirt sizes are well out and seem small for a normal football shirt. 

Look like I won't be buying one then despite likely all 3 shirts for the first time in years

Yeah I went in today with the premise of buying all three for me and one each for the kids (I know top dad 😂) and now just the kids have one each

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Don’t wanna be that guy but I really don’t understand complaints about sizing. I’m normally M or L (depending on level of activity in previous few months ha ha). This year large fits perfectly well for me. Do you all want your shirts to fit like a tent?

If an adult male M or L fits you, good on you.👏  I have a couple of 12 year olds who need large mens in macron 🙄 very huggy

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 14:09, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Jesus!....the height and chest sizes are way out for us East Lancs Pie eaters😆

Tell me about it! Looking at the chest sizes, I'm going to need 3XL but with the height guide it'll probably be down to my knees!

I can always get a belt & wear it as a dress I suppose 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Watching Genoa v Napoli. Genoa playing in a proper Ted and Black halves with reversed halves and sleeves. Just like we should have and used to have. Class act unlike our tossers 

We have plenty of things to berate the club about at the minute. However the design of this season’s kits isn’t one of them. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Carbz said:

Hope Macron are quick to design and make the new shirts for the 22/23 season. Would make a huge change.

I don't see why we can't keep the kit we already have. Both home and away shirts are lovely. 

Just need a new sponsor that would suit the shirt. 

39 minutes ago, J*B said:

Macron don’t do the design, Rovers do. It’ll be out quickly this season because the designs and sponsors are already signed off. 

Can we expect an announce on this shortly and maybe when the new manager is announce? 

J*B, Have you been told what the new kits are like and if so what your opinion on them?