BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Initially of course it makes sense for Dack to build his way up as he wont be able to play 90 minutes initially but id like to think that we dont have to merely assign him a cameo role for the entire season. Easy to forget how good he is.

I feel the same about Butterworth but he can't even get cameo role these days! I hope we don't lose him.

9 hours ago, JoeH said:

John hasn't bulked up at all, he's still very slight. He's just showing everyone why the other elements to his game make his lack of 6ft 2"ness un-noteworthy.

Reminds me of Roy Vernon. Looked about 8st dripping wet. Didn't hold hm back!

Mind you Roy could shoot...

Edited by 47er
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Initially of course it makes sense for Dack to build his way up as he wont be able to play 90 minutes initially but id like to think that we dont have to merely assign him a cameo role for the entire season. Easy to forget how good he is.

How good he was. How good he is, I hope is the same, but 2 acl in 18 months is a lot to overcome.  He, not the club, should expect much this campaign. I hope we have a problem with him and Buckley having to compete…but for now I’ll take an experienced, difference maker off the bench. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You mean how good he was. How good he is now remains to be seen. I wouldn’t expect too much too soon. Let him recover at his own pace.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets see how Dack performs when he is fully training and have these injuries might any impact on his body, work rate. 

I think we should take it very easy with his comeback and he must earn his place back in our team and cannot expect to just walk into the team. Buckley has the shirt and should rightly keep it on current form. 

4 hours ago, yankfan said:

How good he was. How good he is, I hope is the same, but 2 acl in 18 months is a lot to overcome.  He, not the club, should expect much this campaign. I hope we have a problem with him and Buckley having to compete…but for now I’ll take an experienced, difference maker off the bench. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You mean how good he was. How good he is now remains to be seen. I wouldn’t expect too much too soon. Let him recover at his own pace.

Of course there is a question mark after his injury, so obviously I assume that he returns close to if not exactly as the player he once was. He did last time, just prior to the second injury, he was really hitting his stride, he had started to score goals in trademark fashion. 

I don't doubt that we will need to be extra careful, once he has played a few games for the kids, even then it will be cameos at first. But WHEN he is properly fit, and there is no reason why that can't be this season, he will invariably be in our best 11, he is one of the best players in the league. He gives us a goal threat that aside from irregular contributions, that only Brereton offers, as well as technical ability and flair that no one else offers.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets see how Dack performs when he is fully training and have these injuries might any impact on his body, work rate. 

I think we should take it very easy with his comeback and he must earn his place back in our team and cannot expect to just walk into the team. Buckley has the shirt and should rightly keep it on current form. 

As above, I don't doubt that he will need to be eased back, that we will need to take precautions, build him up in the 

But let's be bloody excited about it, he is one of the best players in the league and he will be a massive player again for us IF he recovers properly. If he is fully fit, the question is how best to fit him in, not whether he will play. 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As above, I don't doubt that he will need to be eased back, that we will need to take precautions, build him up in the 

But let's be bloody excited about it, he is one of the best players in the league and he will be a massive player again for us IF he recovers properly. If he is fully fit, the question is how best to fit him in, not whether he will play. 

He needs to be eased back slowly. 

He was one of the best players in the league before his 2 major injuries then see how he is before we start getting over exciting. At the minute I wouldn't be dropping Rothwell or Buckley for him lets for sure on current form

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He needs to be eased back slowly. 

He was one of the best players in the league before his 2 major injuries then see how he is before we start getting over exciting. At the minute I wouldn't be dropping Rothwell or Buckley for him lets for sure on current form

I have never said otherwise.

You seem to take me wondering where he fits in and getting excited as me saying "lets rush him back with urgency, not taking the due care that he needs post injury" and then arguing back against that fictional argument.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I have never said otherwise.

You seem to take me wondering where he fits in and getting excited as me saying "lets rush him back with urgency, not taking the due care that he needs post injury" and then arguing back against that fictional argument.

I don't think we should expect Dack to be like the Dack before the first serious injury and I have low expectations on the impact he will have this season. Needs to really how he is after returning to proper games and training plus mentally after someone tackling him hard

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think we should expect Dack to be like the Dack before the first serious injury and I have low expectations on the impact he will have this season. Needs to really how he is after returning to proper games and training plus mentally after someone tackling him hard

Of course there is always a chance that a player will never return to their full pre-injury form. But let's take hope from the fact that last time, there certainly did not appear to be any fear from Dack regarding collisions and he was really hitting form prior to the second injury, back to his old self.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Of course there is always a chance that a player will never return to their full pre-injury form. But let's take hope from the fact that last time, there certainly did not appear to be any fear from Dack regarding collisions and he was really hitting form prior to the second injury, back to his old self.

lets see how he returned first. 

7 minutes ago, Kie_BRFC said:

That’s literally what he keeps saying 

He keeps saying he is one of the best player in the league but after 2 serious injury I'm not sure he will be the same player as before. Lets see how he is mentally and physically after a few games and challenges 

I just hope people don't expect too much from him too soon. IMO, anything from him this season is a bonus 

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 01/01/2022 at 15:05, J*B said:

How often are you weighing Rovers players?

We interviewed him on Rovers Chat, met up in person. He’s stick thin. The thinnest footballer I’ve ever met. Nothing of him.

I’m not weighing footballers I’m just completely disagreeing with this false claim some are making that he’s “bulked up”. 

It was never his issue IMO and it still isn’t. He just needed game time, and with it he’s shown what he can do

35 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We interviewed him on Rovers Chat, met up in person. He’s stick thin. The thinnest footballer I’ve ever met. Nothing of him.

I’m not weighing footballers I’m just completely disagreeing with this false claim some are making that he’s “bulked up”. 

It was never his issue IMO and it still isn’t. He just needed game time, and with it he’s shown what he can do

Come on Joe, anyone can get stronger and Bucko is no exception.
In a game where strength influences so many physical and mental attributes, becoming stronger would only reap benefit. Bucko should hire a coach and do it himself, he'd be much better off for it and so would we be.

45 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Ah apologies. I thought you where saying that you knew he hadn’t got bigger, rather than thought he hadn’t got bigger. 

We share the same barber and I’ve bumped into him a few times a year over the past 3/4 years. He’s definitely got wider. But that’s only natural as a boy turns into a man. 

19 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Come on Joe, anyone can get stronger and Bucko is no exception.
In a game where strength influences so many physical and mental attributes, becoming stronger would only reap benefit. Bucko should hire a coach and do it himself, he'd be much better off for it and so would we be.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ah apologies. I thought you where saying that you knew he hadn’t got bigger, rather than thought he hadn’t got bigger. 

We share the same barber and I’ve bumped into him a few times a year over the past 3/4 years. He’s definitely got wider. But that’s only natural as a boy turns into a man. 

He’s not bulked up, there’s a difference between a boy of 18 turning into a young man of 22. “Bulking up” suggests a purposeful use of weights and food (normally protein/supplements) to add body mass. I don’t see that in John. He looks the same as last year which is the basis of this discussion. As Joe has said game time has made all the difference.

Just now, Spartakfenni said:

He’s not bulked up, there’s a difference between a boy of 18 turning into a young man of 22. “Bulking up” suggests a purposeful use of weights and food (normally protein/supplements) to add body mass. I don’t see that in John. He looks the same as last year which is the basis of this discussion. As Joe has said game time has made all the difference.

I’m not saying “bulked up” - you are. I’m saying he’s got wider and stronger and more confident between the ages of 18 and 22. Like all men do. It’s genetical. 

All I'm saying is that if he did increase his strength, as we all can, he would get better still. Yes natural development, but with modern techniques he would improve further still. He has progressed and this is good to see, as he is becoming pivotal to us, but another boost to his physicality would enhance his contribution even more.

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

First half yesterday Buckley was good.

Second half he simply couldn't run. His legs had clearly gone on the heavy pitch. Was nowhere near the play, total passenger. Should have come off much earlier.

Meanwhile they were terrified of Khadra's pace, no idea why he was taken off.

Because tactically Mowbrays substitutions are poor, to say the least.

38 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I don't think they have this season. Even yesterday, I felt like Khadra looked somewhat tired and was not surprised to see his number go up.

It was not who Mowbray took off, but who he brought on in replacement. For me Dolan should have been Khadras replacement.