BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 06/11/2021 at 21:47, Fanny Badger said:

I'm old enough to remember when people on here used to say Buckley was shit. Imagine knowing that little about the beautiful game. 

Most of this board used to say Brereton was shit apart from me, just saying.....

Common theme with both players showing drastic improvement - being in the starting line up week in week out, not playing 10 mins one week, 15 the next. Of course that's not the only factor but it's a key one.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Most of this board used to say Brereton was shit apart from me, just saying.....

Common theme with both players showing drastic improvement - being in the starting line up week in week out, not playing 10 mins one week, 15 the next. Of course that's not the only factor but it's a key one.

Put your point in the bag and move on.

😉

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Ossydave said:

The thing is, he was shit. He’s as good as admitted it himself.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

JB is showing great form and wondering whether he should still be considered a make weight to fill in anywhere else. Specifically at right back/wing back with the possible injury to RN and a lack of JRC or other suitable replacement. So who plays there, Magloire or Pike or even Gally? Or perhaps play Lenihan there, with Van heck, Ayala and Scott playing in the three? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to point out I always thought the lad had incredible talent and potential. In the spirit of balance I also should add I thought Bereton would never come good. 

To me the big thing for Buckley is a regular run of games in a position that he can make his own. That rather than being in and out of the team and in a ton of positions is a massive help. Also helps that the rest of the team is pretty regular too and that familiarity is only going to help him improve too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Another class performance by this lad last night. I cannot recall a midfielder like him in football who can nip the ball away in a flash and his range of passing is simply immense at times.

He’s got a bit of Pedri about him. Great passing range, always busy and just seems to glide with the ball at times. I haven’t seen many - if any - English players like him at that age.

Superb talent - there’s no doubt big clubs will be watching him.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I know it's nit picking, but he really needs to improve his ability to shoot if he's to get to the top level.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence or conviction when he has a shooting chance.

If he could sort that out, he'd be worth millions. He's turning into some player.

I would agree and it certainly isn't nit picking. He needs to add a goal threat to his game as an attacking midfielder, in a few years he has 4 goals, 2 of which were pea rollers that got heavy deflections. 

Another impressive performance from him though last night and 2 more assists.

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I would agree and it certainly isn't nit picking. He needs to add a goal threat to his game as an attacking midfielder, in a few years he has 4 goals, 2 of which were pea rollers that got heavy deflections. 

Another impressive performance from him though last night and 2 more assists.

trouble is if he adds goals we will struggle to keep him

On 30/12/2021 at 12:04, oldjamfan1 said:

Simon Barker

That's a good shout. Barker was probably a better player at the same age (England U21 I think) before he suffered a bad injury prior to us selling him. If Buckley can score goals like Barker did he can go all the way.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2021 at 22:37, Wheelton Blue said:

I know it's nit picking, but he really needs to improve his ability to shoot if he's to get to the top level.

He doesn't seem to have the confidence or conviction when he has a shooting chance.

If he could sort that out, he'd be worth millions. He's turning into some player.

He scuffs it. All the keeper has to do is get down on one knee and wait for it to arrive! Surely this can be coached?

His performances this season has been very good and for me he is running to win player of the year. He is challenging Brereton, Kaminski and Rothwell for player of the season for Rovers. 

Buckley has 8 assists this season and for me he is going to star player for this club going forward as long as he stays fit and no major injuries. 

• Like 1