BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

I bet they can't believe their luck. They will never have it this 'good' ever again at any other club and they know it. No pressure, no questions, throw a bit of flannel Balaji's way about needing to build the club up, the need to invest in drones and databases, come across like football experts, job's a good 'un. 

Balaji and co have been had for 10 years and counting and still can't see it. I fully expect a HSH crap fest to hit the club in the summer as we will be desperate for new signings to come in. I cannot wait for the day the club is free of all of these chancers, it feels like a long way away though, unfortunately.

All this talk of building football clubs and journeys is all about their own project. And that project isn't promotion it's about moulding this club the way they want it.  And what is within their capabilities.

Yes, they won the lottery when they landed this gig and deliver the bounce back promotion.  Venkys like the club to be run like one of their franchises that's what the Kean/Anderson & co regime was all about.

Well we have another little cartel in situ now!

I think all they need to really cement their position is one big player sale or this land sale money. One big influx of cash to restore the faith and cover for the 12 million they've blown down the pan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think you need to even bother discrediting the plans. They discredit themselves. You’re assuming that the people behind this genuinely think it’s an improvement to cram two well functioning sites into one too-small site. Nobody involved in this can possibly think it’s beneficial, IMO. 

I don't believe that they believe it - I'd frankly be amazed if anything but houses were built.

However they're peddling the line that it's beneficial and until recently at  least it seems a lot of people believed it!

8 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Personally, I think you’d do better than adversely comment. Choice is yours to make obviously, you’ll have your own reasons.

That’s me done on here for the foreseeable.

RTID!!

This is all you do.

Have a go at the actual fans.

Then say you won't post ever again and then post 2 minutes later. 

You never actually provide strategy to combat the sale or provide any real information.

I for one would absolutely love it if you could.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
Adding kindness

27 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Don’t disagree and...?

....You can shout from every Rooftop in Blackburn ( and the Craven Heifer) 'WE ARE THE ROVERS' but the loons from Pune don't listen.

They have the Club by the bollox.

Have some time out darrenrover,might be for the best fella.🙃

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

....You can shout from every Rooftop in Blackburn ( and the Craven Heifer) 'WE ARE THE ROVERS' but the loons from Pune don't listen.

They have the Club by the bollox.

Have some time out darrenrover,might be for the best fella.🙃

Thanks ever so much for your kind advise but guess what, respectfully shove it where the sun don’t shine!

I know where my heart is (cliché, yeh but true). BRFC is part of my family heritage and everyone that truly knows me, knows full well how I will fight for my family and friends.

Choice is everyone’s to make, I accept that. Take the piss if you want, I don’t really care. All that everyone needs to know is that I will fight to protect BRFC and Jack Walkers legacy to us all.

Make your own minds up but question your conscience also.

• Like 4

Jesus,  just read through the last few pages on here, then we wonder why we are so divided 🤣

The demographics of our supporter base varies so much its always going to be difficult to engage everyone and get them singing from the same hymn sheet. This is why, in my opinion of course, the only way you'd EVER get much bigger (effective) numbers for any form of protest is to involve someone we all look up to. Just imagine if we had Tugay behind us. I know it's pie in the sky stuff unfortunately but that's what we need.

• Like 7

To a large number of young fans who haven't really had many heroes Mowbray became one.  Now judging by a lot of recent comments the tide has turned but it's all part of their football education.

Being let down and realizing you were backing the wrong horse is a steep learning curve. And of course in todays silly SM lead world any staunch criticism is met by a hail of faux offence.

They need to wake up and decide do they just want the best for uncle Tony and his bank balance - or do they want a team of winners and a club with serious intentions ?

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Jesus,  just read through the last few pages on here, then we wonder why we are so divided 🤣

The demographics of our supporter base varies so much its always going to be difficult to engage everyone and get them singing from the same hymn sheet. This is why, in my opinion of course, the only way you'd EVER get much bigger (effective) numbers for any form of protest is to involve someone we all look up to. Just imagine if we had Tugay behind us. I know it's pie in the sky stuff unfortunately but that's what we need.

Yeah, I was thinking along similar lines. Needs a figurehead to invigorate things, give it direction and hope. Salgado, Tugay, Garner, Shearer, uncle Tom cobbley. Just anyone. 

Agree with the figure head but I always get the impression it's the self preservation society with footballers and Managers,a close knit network...they very rarely shit on their own so to speak and don't like to put their heads on the chopping block.

As ever it's down to the Fans to make the real difference.

• Like 5

Very interested to see who the Virtual Match Sponsor is today.  APK is a company I know very well.  They deal with civil engineering, muckaway waste disposal, construction aggregates etc....

🤨🤨

I wonder if the tenders have been circulated early on to get some money in.....Wagbray Property Development Ltd will be next

Can't understand why they would be sponsoring otherwise.   

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

Right, hopefully after today we can see the need to unite against these plans and stop bickering with each other.

The players certainly look as if they've thrown the towel in over the last couple of months, I wonder if these plans came to light without any consultation with them?

As for the idea of a former player spearheading the campaign, it would be nice were that to happen but I think it's unlikely, at the end of the day whatever feelings of affection they had for the Club it was a job for them and it's maybe a bit unfair to put them in that position.

It's down to us.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Right, hopefully after today we can see the need to unite against these plans and stop bickering with each other.

The players certainly look as if they've thrown the towel in over the last couple of months, I wonder if these plans came to light without any consultation with them?

It's down to us.

Agree 100% with the bookends of this quote but that middle bit: the players have thrown in the towel because of football reasons, they won’t really give a second thought to any of the peripheral stuff.

Edited by oldjamfan1

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Agree 100% with the bookends of this quote but that middle bit: the players have thrown in the towel because of football reasons, they won’t really give a second thought to any of the peripheral stuff.

Yeah, no correlation.  They are all either going back or leaving in a month.  Nobody gives a fuck on the pitch. Selfish shytes the lot of them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, no correlation.  They are all either going back or leaving in a month.  Nobody gives a fuck on the pitch. Selfish shytes the lot of them.

That's what he's created here though just malaise where winning. losing or drawing it doesn't really matter. 

He said he was bringing in people like Trybull & Douglas because of their experience in getting to the top end. Hoping it would rub off on others i presume but for most part on the pitch their attitude has looked abysmal.

Then we have Downing, chucked another contract when no one else took him on. Complete waste of a wage this season but knowing Mowbray he was just doing him a favour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Uncomfortable though it is to many, the only thing which will unite everyone again will be administration, when it comes.

It won't because if it comes about through Vs leaving then there'll be a load trying to blame fans for driving them out.

If it came about as a resullt of them placing us in it iv'e no doubts they'd buy us back out of it under a new company name.  Then the circle would begin again.

The situation with the players has been brought about by the club and the way it has conducted its contract business over a number of years. The chickens are coming home to roost.

I've been warning against it for months, nay years, about the dangers of short termism, over reliance on loans, not issuing proper long term contracts of 4 years or more, or planning well in advance of windows. Well this is why.

Normally at this stage of a season a club such as ours would have maybe 5-6 contracts expiring or loans ending, and those out of contract would have been phased out of contention and would have already been replaced or trying to earn themselves new deals. 

Not here though. 15 out of contract or loan. We're starting games with 7 of them in the starting XI, who between them know there's little or no chance of them being here (even if they wanted to be) AND who will have lost all faith in a failing manager, that was never actually that good to begin with. Call it professional pride but in the ugly world of football why would half these players bust their guts when they have futures elsewhere and fitness to protect?

This perfect storm of a manager who can't arrest a slide (see WBA, Celtic, Boro and Coventry for previous), players who won't be here/don't want to be here, dereliction of duty on contracts and medium term planning, an underlying arrogance instilled from the manager who clearly thinks he and his side are much better than they are and it is ideal conditions for a slide to sleepwalk into relegation.

We might get away with it due to the Sheff Wed deduction and the gap to Wycombe and Rotherham. I won't be betting on it. I also look at these fixtures coming up with trepidation and worry. Pressure games against sides fighting for their lives just below us. They'll be rubbing their hands - imagine this lot turning up at Rotherham or Hillsboro needing a win to secure safety.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 6

With TM still in post after 1 win in 14 it shouts out that he is here for non footballing reasons. And that got me thinking - what's his role in this? 

It's clear Waggott is the business part of it and Venus has links with property developers and the like. I am beginning to suspect TM is the face of the project to ease fans fears and get support for the project. What if all this man of integrity, honest working chap guff isn't just self preservation but an image to project to fans to help smooth the way for the training ground project? As in such an honest guy endorses it, then it must be ok type thing. And up till very recently, and perhaps still, TM has that persona with large swathes of the fan base. After all he's not short on other excuses for why we are crap. And why else keep a manager who is abjectly failing? Maybe "Honest Tony" is the PR for the project. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Blue blood said:

With TM still in post after 1 win in 14 it shouts out that he is here for non footballing reasons. And that got me thinking - what's his role in this? 

It's clear Waggott is the business part of it and Venus has links with property developers and the like. I am beginning to suspect TM is the face of the project to ease fans fears and get support for the project. What if all this man of integrity, honest working chap guff isn't just self preservation but an image to project to fans to help smooth the way for the training ground project? As in such an honest guy endorses it, then it must be ok type thing. And up till very recently, and perhaps still, TM has that persona with large swathes of the fan base. After all he's not short on other excuses for why we are crap. And why else keep a manager who is abjectly failing? Maybe "Honest Tony" is the PR for the project. 

On top of them being concerned that a new manager might have serious and loud reservations about cramming two excellent sites into one probably downgraded one.

34 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

On top of them being concerned that a new manager might have serious and loud reservations about cramming two excellent sites into one probably downgraded one.

Exactly.

All the more reason why a lame duck/dead man walking manager should have no input whatsoever on the future direction of our training facilities/Brockhall.

A new coaching regime might have a completely different view.