BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Brockhall STC - planning permission application ?

To be honest, I reckon any kind of petition originating from one source, in this case BRFCS could be counterproductive.

Ideally voices from all sections of supporters and supporters groups - without any obvious foundation would be more productive with the club.

6 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Rovers website offering sponsorship of the Senior Training Centre. It's the current Senior Training Centre, the one that's pencilled in for demolition!! described as 'state of the art'!!

You couldn't make it up, could you?

2 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Correct. Too much of the FF agenda is trivia, much to the delight of the club no doubt 

I've hesitated to comment on the comments of the last few days regarding the Fans Forum on this and the FF thread, as it usually generates more hot air and is rarely productive. But this time I've bitten. These are the items we had on the March agenda: -

1.    Brockhall Planning Application

2.    Fan Re-engagement Plan & 2021/22 Season Tickets

3.    Ewood Park Pitch

4.    Fans Consultation Meetings

5.    First Team Performance

6.    Contact with Vulnerable Fans

7.    2019/20 Final Accounts

8.    Live Streaming Under 23 Games

I guess that the last one was somewhat less important. although it was one that a number of fans had been asking about. Perhaps someone can point out which other ones are trivial?

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Impressive agenda granted, Garners, and your intentions are clearly for the good of the club but what have you achieved?

Clearly the Forum is meant as a consultative body so there is no real power, but it is an opportunity to raise issues and to regularly question the club's senior management.

Over time we have had some influence on the decisions the club made, for example on the introduction of the unreserved seating (aka standing) area in the Darwen end. The meeting to talk about next year's season tickets next week came about from a discussion at the January FF meeting.

We could go down one of two ways - be confrontational and shout and bawl or try to discuss in a reasonable manner. I get the impression that many posters on here would want us to take the former approach, but i can assure them all that all that will lead to is the cessation of the meetings.

Is it ideal - no. Would I like it to be a meeting of equals where we could genuinely effect change - yes. But that's only going to happen at a fan-owned club and even then I suspect that actual power in that situation would still sit with appointed executives rather than fans in general.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I've hesitated to comment on the comments of the last few days regarding the Fans Forum on this and the FF thread, as it usually generates more hot air and is rarely productive. But this time I've bitten. These are the items we had on the March agenda: -

1.    Brockhall Planning Application

2.    Fan Re-engagement Plan & 2021/22 Season Tickets

3.    Ewood Park Pitch

4.    Fans Consultation Meetings

5.    First Team Performance

6.    Contact with Vulnerable Fans

7.    2019/20 Final Accounts

8.    Live Streaming Under 23 Games

I guess that the last one was somewhat less important. although it was one that a number of fans had been asking about. Perhaps someone can point out which other ones are trivial?

1. SW apologised for not telling the FF about this prior to a planning application leak. His main concern was to confirm there were no covenants on the land. We are told that the sole reason for this exercise is to update our tired facilities (despite them still being advertised to sponsors as “state of the art”) yet planning of this improved facility is limited to proof of concept stage with no idea of budget. What assurances have been made or will be followed up to ensure Cat 1 status? How will fans be kept informed to avoid further unfortunate leaks? 

2. How did the first fans’ consultancy meeting to review ideas for the return go last month? Who attended? What pricing strategy is intended?

Because of a huge loss of trust - partly relating to us once again having a manager unaccountable for results and a CEO unable or unwilling to act - there needs to be commitments in writing at each stage and future engagements planned and followed through. The SW comments in the minutes read like lip service.

At a healthy club we would all be looking forward to getting back to Ewood next season and we would share the CEO’s enthusiasm for improved facilities. Instead we only have distrust and a stadium, pitch and recruitment department all in poor health.

And that’s ignoring the state of the first team where possession and narrowness of defeats is seen as some kind of shield against criticism for being in the wrong half of the table and looking down. 

• Like 2

Because there's no real intention to knock it down and rebuild it. They just want to flog the land and get the money then worry about what to do next.

I urge any Venky related people who might see this to investigate just exactly what that CEO and his cronies are really up to. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, only2garners said:

Clearly the Forum is meant as a consultative body so there is no real power, but it is an opportunity to raise issues and to regularly question the club's senior management.

Over time we have had some influence on the decisions the club made, for example on the introduction of the unreserved seating (aka standing) area in the Darwen end. The meeting to talk about next year's season tickets next week came about from a discussion at the January FF meeting.

We could go down one of two ways - be confrontational and shout and bawl or try to discuss in a reasonable manner. I get the impression that many posters on here would want us to take the former approach, but i can assure them all that all that will lead to is the cessation of the meetings.

Is it ideal - no. Would I like it to be a meeting of equals where we could genuinely effect change - yes. But that's only going to happen at a fan-owned club and even then I suspect that actual power in that situation would still sit with appointed executives rather than fans in general.

I think you have more power than you think.

It isn’t necessary to shoot and ball but comments can be pointed and direct. In the current climate, and particularly while Waggot blindly backs Mowbray, these sessions should be very uncomfortable.

The club have to engage with supporters to meet League rules. It should be the FF threatening to boycott rather than fearing cessation (which is only really an inferred threat)

https://www.efl.com/supporters/supporters-charter/consultation--supporter-engagement/

“Clubs are required to meet with a representative group of supporters at least twice a season to discuss significant issues relating to the club.“

The club need to start treating fans, and particularly the FF, with more respect and honest than they currently do. They are paid to be at these meetings, you and the rest of the attendees are volunteers. If they cannot then it should be you all who are threatening cessation through withdrawal of your good will.

43 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

Biannual consultation meetings and the FF are 2 different things Stuart 

We need to start aligning/coordinating things better.

No wonder “the club” carves this fanbase open and keeps them in fear.

Right now we need a coalition of fan groups to reach out to the wider fanbase and make a boycott possible. Without this option there is no need for Waggott to take the FF as anything more than a glorified old school working men’s club meeting with better coffee and nibbles.

He can just do what he wants and fans will just shrug. Yet those same fans will still be here when he has decided he’s ready and rich enough to move on or retire.

Edited by Stuart

5 hours ago, J*B said:

I’ve said it before - I’m not sure how it’s happened, or when it happened, but in my experience the majority of Rovers fans are now so dismayed with the club that they can’t be bothered to put up a fight. Or they’re talkers. They say they’ll do something, then find excuses when it’s on the horizon. I was up for it - especially during Kean - but I found it so frustrating trying to gather enough active support to force change. 

In my opinion, this next step of downscaling the Training facilities will go ahead without much of a scene. I wish there was thousands pushing for Mowbray to be removed. I wish there was even more demanding change in the boardroom. I wish everyone was stood outside the training ground and protesting with local residents. But it won’t happen. 

Will it fuck!!! (but you're entitled to your opinion)

Edited by darrenrover

I can only think this is some sort of joke. 

Our facilities so run down that we need to demolish them and build a new training ground. Yet in the meantime we'll try and flog sponsorship of it under the flag of them being state of the art facilities that a company would want to associate their name with.

If there's ever a time a company won't want to be associated with Brockhall it is now, as Waggott plots to demolish it for houses, local residents object and fans of the club rebel. 

Whats the betting we don't find a sponsor or it ends up being the Community Trust?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We need to start aligning/coordinating things better, Mick.

No wonder “the club” carves this fanbase open and keeps them in fear.

Right now we need a coalition of fan groups to reach out to the wider fanbase and make a boycott possible. Without this option there is no need for Waggott to take the FF as anything more than a glorified WMC meeting with better coffee and nibbles.

He can just do what he wants and fans will just shrug. Yet those same fans will still be here when he has decided he’s ready and rich enough to move on or retire.

Forget a bloody boycott (with respect): Nobody has been near Ewood for 12 months or more.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the start of next season, when in all probability we'll be able to attend as normal, is an absolutely massive chance to re-invigorate this club that we all love.

Why not show the Rao's what we are all really about...We've hated having the piss taken out of us by wankers such as Anderson, Shaw, Singh, Agnew, Coyle, Mowbray, Waggott and Venus and sorry from whoever threw the bloody snowball.

FFS, WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS FC: let's collectively aim to show everyone in 2021/22, what being A ROVER is all about!

20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Will it fuck!!! (but you're entitled to your opinion)

Nobody has done anything since the plans where leaked, that’s what my opinion is based on. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Forget a bloody boycott (with respect): Nobody has been near Ewood for 12 months or more.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but the start of next season, when in all probability we'll be able to attend as normal, is an absolutely massive chance to re-invigorate this club that we all love.

Why not show the Rao's what we are all really about...We've hated having the piss taken out of us by wankers such as Anderson, Shaw, Singh, Agnew, Coyle, Mowbray, Waggott and Venus and sorry from whoever threw the bloody snowball.

FFS, WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS FC: let's collectively aim to show everyone in 2021/22, what being A ROVER is all about!

I didn’t mean fans boycotting games I meant club meetings.

But there is clearly a danger that some of these posts are getting close to the bone for a few folk so I’ll leave it there for now. I’ve said my piece.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

Nobody has done anything since the plans where leaked, that’s what my opinion is based on. 

What do you mean by that?

Surely you have to completely discredit the plans first by showing them up for what they are. and once that's been achieved, then if they still insist on pressing on, that might be the time for the pitchforks?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

???. What you say makes no sense Josh. In fact, what the fuck are you really on about?....the situation couldn't be clearer could it?

If you've nothing constructive one way or the other to say, then best stay silent perhaps.....

44 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I can only think this is some sort of joke. 

Our facilities so run down that we need to demolish them and build a new training ground. Yet in the meantime we'll try and flog sponsorship of it under the flag of them being state of the art facilities that a company would want to associate their name with.

If there's ever a time a company won't want to be associated with Brockhall it is now, as Waggott plots to demolish it for houses, local residents object and fans of the club rebel. 

Whats the betting we don't find a sponsor or it ends up being the Community Trust?

It's quite bizarre isn't it. you can imagine the sales pitch to the local companies

"Sponsor the training Centre and be remembered forever as the Company that was integral in the destruction of Brockhall Village."

"And forget all that stuff I said about the facilities being tired and out of date, I was having a bad day and didn't really mean it."

• Like 2

https://www.linkedin.com/in/suhail-shaikh-a626b210?originalSubdomain=uk
Suhail Shaikh3rd
O&M Consultant & Board Member at Blackburn Rovers Football Club
Bharti Vidyapeeth, College of Engineering and TechnologyBlackburn Rovers Football Club
Greater Blackburn with Darwen

I've found this on LinkedIn and asked to be connected maybe if others could do the same and we my find a way to get the message across via Venkys adviser

4 minutes ago, funny-old-game said:
https://www.linkedin.com/in/suhail-shaikh-a626b210?originalSubdomain=uk
Suhail Shaikh3rd
O&M Consultant & Board Member at Blackburn Rovers Football Club
Bharti Vidyapeeth, College of Engineering and TechnologyBlackburn Rovers Football Club
Greater Blackburn with Darwen

I've found this on LinkedIn and asked to be connected maybe if others could do the same and we my find a way to get the message across via Venkys adviser

"Demonstrated History"  he's a cock already....I need the thread on the ICBINF, forgot that one....

He's not a director and therefore not a board member of Blackburn Rovers so his LinkedIn page is either incorrect or he's lying.

The directors are Waggott, Cheston and Babu, Bob Coar non executive.

Pasha's name does not feature in any club literature and despite him featuring in Waggott's 'management restructure' a couple of years ago (no doubt just a ruse to justify his salary) there's no other mention of Pasha anywhere. This is quite deliberate by the club. He's not a board member.

• Like 3