BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Swansea 9th March at Home

3 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Gallagher was doing the right thing in trying to clear the danger and many refs would have ignored that kind of contact since it still created a chance. The player didn't take it in his stride and get upended by a missed clearance. He stretched to get there, forced contact and went down like he'd broken his ankle, completely bought a penalty imo. The ref was conned.

Here we had two players going in for the ball, both having every right to, a 50/50 basically where our man was slightly slower to it. It was facing away from goal, in a fairly innocuous position, and as you say, landed at their lad's feet for a chance anyway, which it wouldn't have done without the contact.

Compare that to 2 minutes into the game, BB bearing down on goal with only one defender to stop him, who simply throws his whole body at him, clattering him off the ball and making no real attempt to play it. And that one isn't a pen but the other is? Fuck off ref, you biased bastard.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Here we had two players going in for the ball, both having every right to, a 50/50 basically where our man was slightly slower to it. It was facing away from goal, in a fairly innocuous position, and as you say, landed at their lad's feet for a chance anyway, which it wouldn't have done without the contact.

Compare that to 2 minutes into the game, BB bearing down on goal with only one defender to stop him, who simply throws his whole body at him, clattering him off the ball and making no real attempt to play it. And that one isn't a pen but the other is? Fuck off ref, you biased bastard.

But our player, Gallagher, was as slow-witted and clumsy as fook, just like he continues to be at the other end of the pitch 🤔

Oh, for a player with the goal instinct and quality of someone like Andre Ayou - we'd have had a hatful if we had a properly hungry and sharp goal sniffer last night, rather than confidence-lacking lads who have been coached out of any knowledge of the joys of hitting 'th onion bag.

Still, it was another slightly more encouraging turn out from our lot once again, and a million miles from that shite served up against QPR, Coventry and the like.

Swansea looked very ordinary which just goes to show how much we have fooked up this season. Didnt look like a team gunning for automatic promotion to me. We should have won by all accounts, even the biased Swansea commentary said we deserved it more.

Less said about the ref, the better. How ours is not a pen and sending off for purposely taking out our player through on goal but theirs is a pen for a misplaced kick/clearance?

Dolan was a livewire as usual and could become a key player for us and Buckley had his best performance in a Rovers shirt. 

BB really should have scored and we might as well stop bothering playing for corners and freekicks as we are useless at them. 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

Well Dack and Brereton both had decent chances as well. But my point was we made a number of chances and should have scored more than one. Jim was suggesting that Cabango was the reason why we didn’t and I was disagreeing.

Counting chances that fall to SG is like the old proverb. If a tree falls in the woods but no hears it did it make sound?  If a chance falls to SG and it’s wasted was it really ever a chance? 

Edited by yankfan
  • Like 8

I thought beforehand the way they played might suit us and it did, more time on the ball in some key areas etc.

Swansea are similar to us just better at it, if only more teams in this division played that way we'd be up there.

Sadly they don't and that's half the problem.

• Like 3

Good to hear that Buckley and Trybull had good games. Hopefully we see Buckley keep improving and will be key player next season..

Haven't seen the game live or listen to the radio commentary of the game. Going to watch the game shortly 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Finally detach from Evans and put that wage towards Trybull would be my priority. 

Evans will never get another gig like he's had here though so he'll take some shifting. Hopefully when Mowbray humanly offers him another deal it's one he finds derisory and fires off.

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

Another really good performance on the back of the Millwall match and one in which we can feel hard done to for not getting three points. Once again, in my view the catalyst was young Dolan who is leading by example with a huge appetite for hard work to go with his unquestionable skill. His infectious attitude seems to be rubbing off on others as once again we are pressing high up the pitch and not allowing our opponents any time on the ball, so much so that the service to Lowe and Ayew was virtually non existant. 

I'm actually frustrated at the moment as this way of playing seems to have been sidelined for a few months in favour of a more laboured, predictable style of play, in my opinion costing us several points in the process. And this is on Mowbray for me.

Yes - the last unequivocally good performance in the 433 was Preston away back in at the end of November..... We just ran out of steam to play that way. Too many games to play with the required intensity to make it work, too many injuries, other sides tactically figured us out.

How did it take us 3 months to come up with an effective plan B? I'm not having Dack as part of that, Rothwell or Holtby could have played behind the striker in a 4231. We had all the personnel to do it...

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Finally detach from Evans and put that wage towards Trybull would be my priority. 

Evans will never get another gig like he's had here though so he'll take some shifting. Hopefully when Mowbray humanly offers him another deal it's one he finds derisory and fires off.

Yeah, Id take Trybull. Massive midfield overhaul coming up - Evans, Johnson, Bennett all on their way out. All nice guys, have good games from time to time, but way way way too injury prone for us to cover them.

Let them all go, bring in Trybull and one high quality other and promote someone from the youth side. Job done. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Still a year left on his deal and relatively big wages (he signed his last contract just before they kicked off their last PL campaign) would be the issue re Trybull, you’d think...

There’s a clause sending his contract through the roof if they go up so they’ll be desperate to sell. Could even look to flog him free of charge.

Issue is getting him to sign a wage that fits our bill.

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That’s the player I and many others have been raving about

I agree totally. Talent player and someone I've watched come through the Rovers club structure from under 18's to 23's and now the senior side. 

I really enjoy watching our under 18's and 23's before the pandemic hit and we werent allow in anymore..

• Like 3