BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

It's opinion. I think I find Mowbray worse because I want him to be a good guy. The guy sounds like so many men from my childhood; he comes from my home. It's therefore far more disappointing when he lets me and my team down. I appreciate that for some, if not most of you, Kean was far worse. I think for me it's the disappointment added to everything else. Kean was the more obviously villainous but then I very quickly knew he was. Mowbray appears a decent honest guy but then he lets you down again. 

abit like an alcoholic step dad 😄

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

You can't compare Mowbray to Kean, Kean was just Vile,

The only likeness is media manipulation, as with the sky interview where he seemed resigned his time was up, which had many quarters in football and in our supporter base feeling sorry for him.

Then, this season its been about how we have no money, and him literally begging people to buy armstrong.

He took the unusual step of talking in depth about Obafemi, despite him being another clubs player. The sceptical side of me would ask , is this his ready made excuse if the deal falls through that we couldnt afford his wages/transfer? It would certainly strengthen his position if we have parted with 12 and got no-one in? Surely no manager can have the finger pointed at them if we go down due no investment maybe his thought process?

Mowbray has served his purpose, a steady pair of hands to stabilise the sinking ship.

His finest hour at rovers is taking us back up, but on wages alone, it would of been a disaster had we not gone straight back up, given the gap in quality we had over the opposition.

However in the championship, we have not kicked on. He talks about a journey, but its like he keeps forgetting something so goes back to the start of the journey without ever reaching the destination.

This COVENTRY link in the boardroom and management is unhealthy. I don't believe Waggott has the balls to recommend TMs sacking. Its no different now to Shagnew, and Kean. They knew together they were bullet proof, divided they would fall.

As I said last week, I don't expect an awful lot this season. The ground is beginning to look old, the training facilities are no longer the state of the art, other clubs have evolved and not only passed us, but are now lapping us.

The squad is lower championship/higher reaches of Division 1. The management is passed its sell by date and predictable. The owners are clueless, and the fans have left in their thousands.

The memories are all we have, and top flight football in the current climate is a near impossible mission

I really liked this post.

first of all to compare my hate for Kean and dislike for Mowbray is not even close. I hate Kean and can never forgive his or others at the time influence on our club.

My distain for Mowbray is like the similar i felt for our over clinging on league one players (Bennet, Mulgrew, Smallwood) we should no longer have them, however as soon as they left the club my anger subsided. The obvious extra anger we all have is we feel Mowbray is part of a circle jerk club where they all feel untouchable.

I feel Mowbray should go but to say it's Kean level of hated is either being dramatic or short term memory. If Mowbray mentions an imaginary dog or claims he was spiked i'll reopen this conversation.

-

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, bboy said:

I feel Mowbray should go but to say it's Kean level of hated is either being dramatic or short term memory. If Mowbray mentions an imaginary dog or claims he was spiked i'll reopen this conversation.

No---entirely wrong here, other way round---Kean had a dog but denied it (for some reason only he knows!)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lol,i forgot about that,at the time there used to be a horrible hatchet faced woman who was in one the boxes at the darwen end,she used to spot the disenters,get on her radio and point out the miscreants to her steroid infused enforcers,i think it was the bolton game,just before christmas when it got very lively,loads got chucked out including me!!!, a fan also got on the pitch and confronted kean🙂

She tried to cause trouble with me in the  Riverside and a police officer told her to give it a rest and come away 😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Apologies I know this is a transfer thread......

Bobbins arbitro.

Kean got Allardyce the sack, Kean sacked long serving players of this football club without a 2nd thought, Kean refused to accept being sacked and resigned in his own time, under his own steam..... . Kean waged war on the fans both physically and mentally and thats just off the top of my head. Glenn Mullen tells a story of getting that crooked swine to actually sub a player during a match!!

Mowbray is a football manager who has outstayed his welcome, thats because we have weak owners and no functioning boardroom.

Mowbray has past his sell by date, we all agree on that, but Kean was a crooked dangerous bastard who destroyed this football club for his own personal gain and will one day get his comeuppance. 

This is my reding of the situation too, but happy for Mercer and Arbito to explain why I'm wrong.

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

Apologies I know this is a transfer thread......

Bobbins arbitro.

Kean got Allardyce the sack, Kean sacked long serving players of this football club without a 2nd thought, Kean refused to accept being sacked and resigned in his own time, under his own steam..... . Kean waged war on the fans both physically and mentally and thats just off the top of my head. Glenn Mullen tells a story of getting that crooked swine to actually sub a player during a match!!

Mowbray is a football manager who has outstayed his welcome, thats because we have weak owners and no functioning boardroom.

Mowbray has past his sell by date, we all agree on that, but Kean was a crooked dangerous bastard who destroyed this football club for his own personal gain and will one day get his comeuppance. 

Nonsense or Bobbins, whichever you prefer

When Sam couldn't be 'bought or corrupted'* JA got Sam the sack to install Kean as his Clown puppet. JA was then the Ringmaster at Ewood Circus.

* Quite deliberate

• Like 3

Nobody is wrong because its genuinely  about feelings and perceptions. I've explained why I dislike Mowbray. I appreciate that for many he's nowhere near Kean in being loathed. Just to get facts out there. I took part in most of the protests when Kean was manager. I didn't want Kean here. I dont want Mowbray here. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Nonsense or Bobbins, whichever you prefer

When Sam couldn't be 'bought or corrupted'* JA got Sam the sack to install Kean as his Clown puppet. JA was then the Ringmaster at Ewood Circus.

* Quite deliberate

Really Asia 😆 

Anderson and Kean, 2 rats, we can agree on that I'm sure.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DE. said:

I doubt anyone will surpass Kean for me in terms of despised Rovers managers. The Brockhall incident changed my mind on Mowbray being 'just a manager past his sell by date' though. 

**Disclaimer:

I don't want us to sell the training ground, I'm just stating the facts which are missing in this debate**

Many football clubs in dire financial trouble sell the training ground, Wigan, Bolton, PNE, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Sheff Weds just off the top of my head, why are we any different? Why are we such a special case?

Venkys own the training ground, they own Ewood and the land surrounding the ground, nothing goes through unless they sign off, its basic stuff this.

Edited by Gav

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

**Disclaimer:

I don't want us to sell the training ground, I'm just stating the facts which are missing in this debate**

Many football clubs in dire financial trouble sell the training ground, Wigan, Bolton, PNE, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Sheff Weds just off the top of my head, why are we any different? Why are we such a special case?

Venkys own the training ground, they own Ewood and the land surrounding the ground, nothing goes through unless they sign off, its basic stuff this.

We are different because Venkys are still here. Sunderland and Sheff Wed didn't sell off training grounds, Sunderland still have the Academy of Light which is Category A and one of the best facilities around.

Sheff Wednesday have an old training ground near Hillsborough, nothing like the standard of Brockhall.

Bolton and Wigan both sold their Euxton training ground when going through administration and a change in ownership. We may well have to do the same when Venkys finally clear off.

But to sell it now, and keep Venkys as owners? The worst possible outcome.

I'm sure most would accept a downscale as necessary if it meant ridding ourselves of this regime and starting again with new ownership.

Bolton and Wigan also had second sites that could be adapted and used as replacement facilities. Bolton at Lostock and Wigan at Robin Park. Preston have since acquired the Euxton ground and use it together with their old one over in Lea.

• Like 4

Kean is scum of the earth and the lowest of the low. 

All that said it has only been under TMs watch that the training ground has tries to be sold off and it's the only time we've been told fans have expectations of 95. He won't reach Kean levels but my word, TM is trying his best to. 

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We are different because Venkys are still here. Sunderland and Sheff Wed didn't sell off training grounds, Sunderland still have the Academy of Light which is Category A and one of the best facilities around.

Sheff Wednesday have an old training ground near Hillsborough, nothing like the standard of Brockhall.

Sunderland sold the old training ground for housing, then took out a £9m loan secured against the new training facilities and ground, as did Derby and Southampton. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/feb/22/sign-of-the-times-how-english-clubs-are-turning-to-high-interest-us-loans

Apologies, Sheffield Wednesday sold Hillsborough to the mad owner and were relegated as a result last season due to financial irregularities, he's still in charge.

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And yet, with the right manager and plan it could have been possible - just look at Brentford.

With the money Venkys have spent, it’s an embarrassment that we are in this state.

If the spending money has been stopped then they need to bring in a manager to get the extra 20% out of the players that Mowbray isn’t able to.

The Armstrong money provides an opportunity to replace both Mowbray and Waggott…

Agree. Tell you what, I reckon if the Barnsley owners had implemented their plan with Rovers starting base rather than Barnsley's (assuming they potted TM) the project would have gotten over the line. 

• Like 3