BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

5 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Although this is ‘young prem loan’ it’s a signing which I’m behind. Midfield is a position we are desperately short in and this lad comes with strong reviews supported by his involvement around the liverpool first team for the past 12 months. As a Blackburn fan you know he’s going to give it his all. It’s a good start, albeit a very late one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Some City fans were reported as being astonished when we signed Davenport from them on a permanent deal. I've learned to be cautious  about transfer bullshit.

When did we last sign a player who his club wanted and tried to keep. Savage?

I'm fairness, we will never know how that one would have turned out without his repeated injury woes for the first two seasons.

12 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Although this is ‘young prem loan’ it’s a signing which I’m behind. Midfield is a position we are desperately short in and this lad comes with strong reviews supported by his involvement around the liverpool first team for the past 12 months. As a Blackburn fan you know he’s going to give it his all. It’s a good start, albeit a very late one.

Wonder who's getting dropped from midfield.

3 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Can we reach 350 pages before any official announcements?

If it makes you feel better, including all the hidden posts that break the forum rules you’re just going into page 359. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I personally couldn't care less if he's a Rovers fan or not, another player that's going to block someone from our clubs development, this time I assume it will be Jake Garrett who I personally think looked great in the games he played.

What was the point in the Davenport signing? 

Was it a Mowbray signing? He seems to just not rate him at all, what a waste of money.

Johnson contract extension? Again what a waste of money.

Mowbray out.

We have a threadbare squad and this is your take?

Personally don’t think there is anything I could complain about, loaning another decent talent potentially.

If it’s Garrett who misses out, he would’ve been mainly on the bench anyway so why not send him to league 1?

2 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I personally couldn't care less if he's a Rovers fan or not, another player that's going to block someone from our clubs development, this time I assume it will be Jake Garrett who I personally think looked great in the games he played.

What was the point in the Davenport signing? 

Was it a Mowbray signing? He seems to just not rate him at all, what a waste of money.

Johnson contract extension? Again what a waste of money.

Mowbray out.

To be fair, Garrett's only going to be 17 by the time Clarkson has gone back to Liverpool. I don't think this is going to have a particularly meaningful impact on his development. 

If this goes through, we'll have 6 first teamers (Travis, Rothwell, Clarkson, Johnson, Buckley and Davenport) going after three positions in our midfield. You could argue maybe 7 depending on how we play Dack when he comes back, but we're going to be using all of these players if they can stay fit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

To be fair, Garrett's only going to be 17 by the time Clarkson has gone back to Liverpool.

He's already 18. Will turn 19 in March this season.

But I agree, not much to dislike with Leighton Clarkson.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

Clarkson is similar to Buckley in playing style I believe? I’ve never seen him play but that’s what I’ve read on Twitter. If so, it will be a good comparison between 19 yr old Clarkson and 21 yr old Buckley. 

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

Clarkson is similar to Buckley in playing style I believe? I’ve never seen him play but that’s what I’ve read on Twitter. If so, it will be a good comparison between 19 yr old Clarkson and 21 yr old Buckley. 

I think Clarkson is similar on the ball but more defensive minded and sits more in front of the back 4.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

I think Clarkson is similar on the ball but more defensive minded and sits more in front of the back 4.

Defensive? So far our midfield three seems to be Travis (defensive), Buckley (playmaker), Rothwell (attacking). Surely he’s not going to compete with Trav?

3 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

He's lalready 18. Will turn 19 in March this season.

But I agree, not much to dislike with Leighton Clarkson.

So he is! Not sure where I got that from. 

In any case, I think we were a body short so I'm happy with this one. Interesting that we're still after Doyle from City, apparently. All of a sudden we might look slightly overloaded with midfielders if everyone stays fit, although if last season is anything to go by we'll usually have at least one or two in the treatment room.