BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

In a different position and league lower. 

He had an attitude problem and didnt performed well enough for the under 23 so never deserve a chance in the first team

I don't agree with your under 23s comment at all. I watched a few of their games last season when Chapman was still around and he looked a class above the rest (as you'd expect). Really looked a threat. 

He's definitely deserved more opportunities than he's had at Rovers but I do think he was rightly gazumped by Dolan after pre season last time out. Hopefully he shows a bit more this time around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I don't agree with your under 23s comment at all. I watched a few of their games last season when Chapman was still around and he looked a class above the rest (as you'd expect). Really looked a threat. 

He's definitely deserved more opportunities than he's had at Rovers but I do think he was rightly gazumped by Dolan after pre season last time out. Hopefully he shows a bit more this time around.

You can make that case I suppose, but you could also say he hasn't taken any opportunities he was given either, far from it. Looked well off the pace whenever I watched him play senior 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I don't agree with your under 23s comment at all. I watched a few of their games last season when Chapman was still around and he looked a class above

You are dead right mate.  Makes you wonder if you only get in the team if you're a nice lad and don't question Tony.

Chapman seems to be a bit of a bugger but so what....Like you say, class above our younger players including Buckley

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You are dead right mate.  Makes you wonder if you only get in the team if you're a nice lad and don't question Tony.

Chapman seems to be a bit of a bugger but so what....Like you say, class above our younger players including Buckley

How do you purport to not have anything against Buckley when every other post of yours is a knock on him, even when the topic is nothing to do with him?

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Is he  a class above though? Really? 

Didn't you say Mowett was bog standard there a while back? Off to the promotion favourites now anyway 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You can make that case I suppose, but you could also say he hasn't taken any opportunities he was given either, far from it. Looked well off the pace whenever I watched him play senior 

Agreed but he's only really came on for 15-20mins if he's lucky. He's likely to get more of a chance this season if we don't properly add to the squad, regardless of his merits/weaknesses. Then we can properly judge.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm aware of your previous with Buckley haha. Jury is still out on him for me. If he doesn't cut the mustard this season (he should get plenty of opportunities), he needs moving on from.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What more you want that the club cant register players until the club published their accounts on companies house website? Has the EFL comment on this matte

I suspect that you have been conditioned into thinking that a total disregard towards towards supporters is ok. As long as the official twitter churns out endless pictures of our skeletal squad coming back for pre season, what is there to worry about.

We have no idea what the situation is, even the journalist for the local newspaper is unsure even whether the submission of the accounts will remove the embargo or whether FFP is the reason. The club should come out and explain the exact situation.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Agreed but he's only really came on for 15-20mins if he's lucky. He's likely to get more of a chance this season if we don't properly add to the squad, regardless of his merits/weaknesses. Then we can properly judge.

Ya, but he has looked terrible. I would even say out of shape. It's a surprising deal for me 

46 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

I'm aware of your previous with Buckley haha. Jury is still out on him for me. If he doesn't cut the mustard this season (he should get plenty of opportunities), he needs moving on from.

I’m really hoping for big things from Buckley this season. I’d love to see him and Travis as a long term midfield pairing for us. I felt he maybe failed to grab the opportunity a couple of times last year, but I think he will be a key squad member when it clicks. Time to turn those glimpses into consistency.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that you have been conditioned into thinking that a total disregard towards towards supporters is ok. As long as the official twitter churns out endless pictures of our skeletal squad coming back for pre season, what is there to worry about.

We have no idea what the situation is, even the journalist for the local newspaper is unsure even whether the submission of the accounts will remove the embargo or whether FFP is the reason. The club should come out and explain the exact situation.

The conclusion I arrived at some time ago is that the people running Rovers thrive in the uncertainty.

They certainly don't like sharing information unless they have to - like the training ground stunt.

Only thing to draw from it is that it is either bad news that they are scared/embarrassed to release or there's some advantage to them keeping quiet.

• Like 5

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes and posters here were saying he wasn't good enough LOL. Come on , put yer hands up 

Pretty ballsy from you to ask for that, when you were saying Dack was better than Grealish not too long ago 😏.

(I’m jesting, by the way!!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Indeed, which makes the signing illogical

Any word on a new head of recruitment? 

I agree that given Chapman a new 1 year is illogical. 

No idea. 

2 hours ago, RoverKyle said:

You mean when we were allow to watch the under 23's games in the 19/20 season before this pandemic hit the country? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

More BS from yourself again with thats first paragraph. what has the club official twitter posting Training videos and pictures got to with owt? 

Until the EFL makes a decision and stick by this how can the club explain the exact situation?

46 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Pretty ballsy from you to ask for that, when you were saying Dack was better than Grealish not too long ago 😏.

(I’m jesting, by the way!!)

Well it's not a direct comparison with all things being equal. Dack has had 2 ACL injuries, plays for us, whilst Grealish has avoided major injuries and plays for his boyhood club, who are a club moving in the right direction. The season they went up, when I said that, I think Dack was the better player. In fact one of them could have moved for the bones of £20 million , if the rumours are to be believed! 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You mean when we were allow to watch the under 23's games in the 19/20 season before this pandemic hit the country?

No wonder people get their back up with you.

You could watch some of the u23 matches last season for free via other clubs' websites. So I watched two or three of the games last season when Chapman played before he went out on loan to Shrewsbury. 

This talk from Sharpe about waiting for the accounts to be published through Companies House I think is a red herring.

I got my copy of shareholders accounts through the post about 10 days ago.

I'm not sure why the Club/Football League need to wait for Companies House to do anything. Once the Club has had the accounts signed off by the auditors they go to the League and can be scrutinised.

36 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Glimpses? Can you give us a few examples?

I’m struggling with specifics off the top of my head. Sitting watching every game on a screen in the same setting has meant they have all blurred into one largely disappointing mess.

I think Buckley has a great first touch, good feet, a lot of awareness and is a good passer off the ball. Most of his weaknesses appear to be physical, which can be worked on to a degree, certainly more so than technical ability.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

No wonder people get their back up with you.

You could watch some of the u23 matches last season for free via other clubs' websites. So I watched two or three of the games last season when Chapman played before he went out on loan to Shrewsbury. 

Kyle, I watched live a number of those games and the season before games live inside a stadium where Chapman's performances and attitude wasn't good enough. He was sucking at all. 

Chapman even admitted to having attitude problems here. Harry Chapman opens up on life at Blackburn Rovers, Tony Mowbray talks and the future - LancsLive

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has anyone seen St Johnstone Centre defender and Captain Jason Kerr play? any good? 

Supposedly available for 400k. Could we afford it?

He's been a decent leader for them, and he's a good age. I think that would be a good signing chaddy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Kyle, I watched live a number of those games and the season before games live inside a stadium where Chapman's performances and attitude wasn't good enough. He was sucking at all. 

Chapman even admitted to having attitude problems here. Harry Chapman opens up on life at Blackburn Rovers, Tony Mowbray talks and the future - LancsLive

You really do get passive aggressive when someone's opinion doesn't match yours. It's hilarious, if not pathetic.

I've read the interviews with Chapman already and am well aware of what's been said. He's obviously not worked hard enough in training to get ahead of others in the first team. He's had some hard luck with injuries since rejoining, but ultimately it's up to him to get fit and prove to the manager in training that he's good enough to warrant a place in the team. I've not questioned any of that. 

The only thing I challenged was your comment about his u23 performances. "He had an attitude problem and didnt performed well enough for the under 23 so never deserve a chance in the first team."

Last season he scored 2 goals and assisted 4 times in 5 Premier League 2 games. I watched the games against Derby, Leicester and Everton. He scored or assisted in each game and as I said earlier, I felt he was a class above and a real threat in those games I watched. That and his form at Shrewsbury on loan show that there has been a bit of an upturn in his form and attitude, which should hopefully hold him in good stead for next season. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 3