BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

13 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

When you have to make things up to try and counter act your own nonsense, you know you're losing! 

Our resident super scout 😂😂😂😂

Children can we stop bickering.

• Like 1

Saw that Jordan Ibe has had his contract cancelled at Derby , personally I think if if AA does leave then Diaz 😁 should play as central striker so we could probably do with another wide forward

44 minutes ago, AJW said:

Saw that Jordan Ibe has had his contract cancelled at Derby , personally I think if if AA does leave then Diaz 😁 should play as central striker so we could probably do with another wide forward

Bit of a risk:

On 22 September 2020, Ibe returned to Derby County, where he signed on a two-year contract.[39] He made only one first-team appearance,[40] and spoke in January about his suffering from depression.[41] His contract with Derby County was cancelled by mutual consent at the end of the season.[42]

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Bit of a risk:

On 22 September 2020, Ibe returned to Derby County, where he signed on a two-year contract.[39] He made only one first-team appearance,[40] and spoke in January about his suffering from depression.[41] His contract with Derby County was cancelled by mutual consent at the end of the season.[42]

He loves a project does Tony though.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

To be fair to @Bigdoggsteel, it was a pretty commonly held opinion amongst Rovers fans around that time that Dack was better than Grealish. Wigan fans kept throwing Powell into the argument too.

Yeah, in retrospect there's not much of a comparison in terms of their ability, but it wasn't at all long ago where Grealish looked like he was going down the 'wasted talent' career route. All this at the same time when Dack took to the Championship like a duck to water. 

The way that Grealish has kicked on makes the whole comparison seem a bit silly now, but it wasn't daft at the time. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yeah, in retrospect there's not much of a comparison in terms of their ability, but it wasn't at all long ago where Grealish looked like he was going down the 'wasted talent' career route. All this at the same time when Dack took to the Championship like a duck to water. 

The way that Grealish has kicked on makes the whole comparison seem a bit silly now, but it wasn't daft at the time. 

And the way that Dack got two major injuries and never got to play in the Prem. I'm not saying he would have been as good as Grealish, I'm saying we will never know what he would have been.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

To be fair to @Bigdoggsteel, it was a pretty commonly held opinion amongst Rovers fans around that time that Dack was better than Grealish. Wigan fans kept throwing Powell into the argument too.

I remember Rovers taunting Grealish with, " Your just a fat Bradley Dack" when we played Villa at Ewood

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I remember Rovers taunting Grealish with, " Your just a fat Bradley Dack" when we played Villa at Ewood

I remember cringing at that. Dack opened the scoring and Villa got a late free-kick equaliser. You could see on that day that Grealish was far more likely to make it at Premier League level than Dack though (I said as much at the time). He just looked at ease on the ball and taking players on. 

Edited by LeftWinger
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Douglas re-signing for Lech Poznan. Good - means he won't be coming back to Rovers!

About his level now. Shocking due process done on where he was at ability wise for that deal. Managed terribly by Mowbray too. He has an awful habit of dropping players playing well and sticking with those who need to be dropped. Moron 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

16 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

About his level now. Shocking due process done on where he was at ability wise for that deal. Managed terribly by Mowbray too. He has an awful habit of dropping players playing well and sticking with those who need to be dropped. Moron 

A rewriting of history there. The overwhelming view on this board on his signing was that it was a good one.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

A rewriting of history there. The overwhelming view on this board on his signing was that it was a good one.

That is why judging someone on their past is a bad idea. Thank christ he was only a loan.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Yes, but we weren't the ones involved in doing the deal. When you're buying a car, you kick the wheels and look under the hood. When your buying your car, it's up to you to do that. I can admire or slate your purchase, at the end of the day, it's up to you to do due process on your purchase. 

He was clearly miles off the pace from day one. The only thing that saved him was Amari Bell. Who I still think Douglas at 50% is better than 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Swansea have also bought a young striker from PSV and Middlesbrough have signed Sammy Ameobi, Uche Ikpeazu and Lee Peltier.

Here at Ewood, some dont even feel that we deserve to know the situation regarding our transfer embargo.

I thought Peltier had retired! 

They are all typical Warnock signings ... experienced campaigners. 

True enough about the embargo. They've got to put the shelves up In Roverstore before they sign anyone. Baby steps. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I thought Peltier had retired! 

They are all typical Warnock signings ... experienced campaigners. 

True enough about the embargo. They've got to put the shelves up In Roverstore before they sign anyone. Baby steps. 

Suppose that Boro have some young talent like Fry, Tavernier, Spence, Wood and Coulson so he has a nice mix.

Our squad looks very inexperienced at the moment. Need some know how.

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Here at Ewood, some dont even feel that we deserve to know the situation regarding our transfer embargo.

Their thinking is keep quiet about the transfer embargo & we'll sell thousands of season tickets, including to those who bought last season, dangle the £15 discount and shop sales will go through the roof.

A difficult season coming up and we can't do a thing about it. Our only hope against relegation rests with the young talent we already have coming through the ranks.  

• Like 2

Changing full backs according to opposition at this level is a bit daft especially when they are of the Douglas/Bell variety.

Lets just a left back in there and let him defend first and foremost, then leave him be if he's playing ok.

Douglas looked a good signing on paper and most were pleased with it but in the flesh not so good. Never looked like he settled here and was obviously on the wane ability wise.

For me just another get him for the sake of it signing with not enough thought into whether he'd do the job defensively. Like Bell more emphasis on what they want from him going forward.

• Like 2