BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Morning Steve, any news on hiring a new head of recruitment?

I don't know Tony, you will need to ask the person recruiting.

Who is that ?

I guess the head of recruitment.

Didn't he leave Steve?

I don't know Tony, the communication is terrible around here.

I know you're joking but I'm thinking the same and that the reality isnt far off that 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Charlie Wyke to Rovers apparently.

a big lad who`s good with his head,can`t see it really,we`ve already got one big lump in gallagher,unless tony is going to play him out wide on the other side!!!!!!,two donkeys as wingers,it`s like some kind of lsd trip!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Douglas was crap.. 

That's hindsight though as he wasn't crap at Leeds but if we are really being honest he was average.

Like the term legend, or brilliant or great the crap jibe gets chucked about a bit too often. This is the Championship after all and for whatever reason he couldn't recreate his past form here.

For me Tommy Spurr had his limitations but he was a better actual defender than either Douglas or Bell. From what we've seen of all 3 here so i'd be looking at someone of his ilk from the cheap section.

Does what it says on the tin, everything here under this present regime seems like it has to be a damn experiment !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Charlie Wyke to Rovers apparently.

Well if we are signing him then surely we won't play playing possession based football but looking to the back wide and get crosses into the box. 

Not a player I hope we sign. 

Do we need another striker if we are planning 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 with Armstrong, Gallagher, Brereton and possible McBride. Surely we need a wide left player, centre midfielder and centre back. Then a back up left back for Pickering who will be our first choice left back

Edited by chaddyrovers

All I can see on Wyke is that he's in talks with Celtic. Not seen much of him to be honest but I know he's been handy enough in the lower leagues. My Carlisle supporting mates rated him. Didn't realise he had done so well last season for Sunderland.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke set to sign Vrancic from Norwich City on a free transfer. Thats a good signing for them. 

I wonder if Rovers will look at Tyybull again if Norwich cancel his contract. 

Hopefully we won't look at Trybull spends far too much time out injured and he only played well a couple of times last season 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stoke set to sign Vrancic from Norwich City on a free transfer. Thats a good signing for them. 

I wonder if Rovers will look at Tyybull again if Norwich cancel his contract. 

I doubt he would come back to play under Mowbray. Didn't look happy at times last season with some of his decisions. 

7 hours ago, tomphil said:

Do you not read the LT ?

'On Jones, the 27 year old added: 'Meeting him, i saw his passion and his drive. I really bought into that and thought it was something i definitely want to work with.

"It's different to what i've seen before"

Pretty much what a lot of us feel is the missing ingredient here with a guy who prefers to plod on and protect his status quo above anything else.

I was genuinely just asking the question, I wasn’t doubting the existence of your claim…