BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The club have never clarified and indeed our local journalist is unclear as to whether the delay in submission or FFP iregularites are the cause of any embargo and how long it will last. How are you so sure?

Charlie Wyke can only dream of Kieffer Moore. But the current system certainly didnt succeed anyway so its needs looking at either way. The fact that we still have Mowbray means that he will carrying on failing with it anyway and even if we signed someone like Wyke, he would play wide.

Why could the club clarify? They had to submit by the 30th June which has been done. It’s the EFL that should explain why the embargo is in place. They have not announced which clubs have been included and why, so vent your spleen at them.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No way whatsoever the owners will let AA go for £10m imo. If Clubs don't get a bit more realistic with their valuations he might not be going anywhere.

Depends which side of the owners are making decisions.

Could be the stubborn side - Phil Jones and Jordan Rhodes - by all accounts very stubborn and not willing to sell on the cheap

Or it could be the firesale grab whatever cash we can side - Tom Cairney a notable example - in which case it will happen whether the player wants it or not.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Depends which side of the owners are making decisions.

Could be the stubborn side - Phil Jones and Jordan Rhodes - by all accounts very stubborn and not willing to sell on the cheap

Or it could be the firesale grab whatever cash we can side - Tom Cairney a notable example - in which case it will happen whether the player wants it or not.

N'Zonzi another utterly criminal sale. Think it was reported to be about £3m to Stoke. 

A complete joke of a fee.

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Why could the club clarify? They had to submit by the 30th June which has been done. It’s the EFL that should explain why the embargo is in place. They have not announced which clubs have been included and why, so vent your spleen at them.

The club will know if it can sign players or not, and if not, why. Im specifically interested in Rovers. Can we sign anyone?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

This was reported a few weeks ago that Southampton would send a player here on loan. The player was Michael Obafemi if I remember correctly

Obafemi coming to Rovers, even on loan, would be an exciting signing. He is rapid. I was impressed with him in the few appearances he made last season. I can't see the club selling Armstrong for £10m though.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

No way whatsoever the owners will let AA go for £10m imo. If Clubs don't get a bit more realistic with their valuations he might not be going anywhere.

I agree to some extent but if we don't accept current offers he will go for nothing at the end of the season. We are not in a strong position really.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

So we need an influx of big transfer cash to balance out FFP yet they are talking about part player swap ?

No, not having that.

The other problem is in 12 months time we will need a replacement for the swapped in player yet with no influx of cash to do so. 

Every time we keep pushing problems down the road so all the crap can hit the fan at the same time. We are such an ill thought out, shoddy organisation with sod all planning. It drives me nuts. Especially coming from a bloke who always talks about building. Building? more like a demolition job one season at a time. Next time we go down we won't have as strong a squad and will stay there. 

Bloody charlatans. 

• Like 9

We currently belong with the quarter of teams in the league who have yet to make a move in the transfer market. There is crisis club Derby, there are Fulham and Sheffield United who both have changed managers, are presumably waiting on sales and both have squads packed full of top end Championship players, as well as Reading and Forest. Then there is ourselves, no change of manager and no questions about which league we are in. And simply no excuse for the wall of silence and the inactivity.

• Like 4

Armstrong's contract is running down quickly and his value drops accordingly. If he doesn't sign a new deal before the end of this window he can only be sold in January and if not be can walk away next summer. His saleable value then diminishes to nothing. It's another example of the rank had management was have endured for a decade now.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The club will know if it can sign players or not, and if not, why. Im specifically interested in Rovers. Can we sign anyone?

It’s clear we are in embargo until EFL ratify the accounts. They are the ones to make the decision and Rovers can’t say why we are in embargo. The tread and LT has made that clear.

• Like 1

Waggott and Mowbray rightfully coming in for a lot of stick here, but let’s not forget we also have a finance director!

Cheston would be the one responsible for submitting the accounts. He’s got previous for steering us into an embargo and seems completely incapable of doing anything to prevent us bleeding money at the alarming and consistent rate we have done for the past decade. And that’s before we get on to the whole Coyle being the outstanding candidate debacle.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Blue blood said:

The other problem is in 12 months time we will need a replacement for the swapped in player yet with no influx of cash to do so. 

Every time we keep pushing problems down the road so all the crap can hit the fan at the same time. We are such an ill thought out, shoddy organisation with sod all planning. It drives me nuts. Especially coming from a bloke who always talks about building. Building? more like a demolition job one season at a time. Next time we go down we won't have as strong a squad and will stay there. 

Bloody charlatans. 

Probably can't even offer Armstrong a bigger contract to cover all bases whilst under embargo.  Whatever variety of embargo it actually is.

Useless the lot of them, i often get the impression Mowbray is more concerned about where his players go next making sure it's all smooth for them !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Waggott and Mowbray rightfully coming in for a lot of stick here, but let’s not forget we also have a finance director!

Cheston would be the one responsible for submitting the accounts. He’s got previous for steering us into an embargo and seems completely incapable of doing anything to prevent us bleeding money at the alarming and consistent rate we have done for the past decade. And that’s before we get on to the whole Coyle being the outstanding candidate debacle.

its almost like those in power got distracted with other failed ventures last season, and neglected some pretty fundamental stuff

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Agree re - the accounts, but wasn't it Cheston who had successfully conducted negotiations with Warnock, only to be over-ruled and undermined when he went off on holiday?

I suspect he was simply towing the line with his "outstanding candidate" claim with reference to Coyle.

Edited by martonrover

Wasn't Cheston semi in charge around then ?

Just another in shoes two sizes too big for his feet, although i heard he did some sterling work in the last mess of taps off / FFP thumbscrews etc.

End of the day it's a collective cock up that's landed us here again. Manager and CEO wasting money and not making the most of it. Owners spending big on whims then not on essentials. Yet happy to lose 20 million through the clubs books per year.

Doubt anybody takes much notice or the power point man, doesn't sound like anybody listens to anybody much.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Wasn't Cheston semi in charge around then ?

Just another in shoes two sizes too big for his feet, although i heard he did some sterling work in the last mess of taps off / FFP thumbscrews etc.

End of the day it's a collective cock up that's landed us here again. Manager and CEO wasting money and not making the most of it. Owners spending big on whims then not on essentials. Yet happy to lose 20 million through the clubs books per year.

Doubt anybody takes much notice or the power point man, doesn't sound like anybody listens to anybody much.

Another illustration that the people officially running the show are subservient to the advisers.

The manager has more clout than the executives at Venky Rovers.

• Like 1

Beat me to it Crimper he is most definitely on their radar as per my previous post and this will only result in them being a bit more proactive in recruitment . Can’t see them getting a huge wedge for Ings and will no doubt balance his transfer fee against ours. Got a feeling Rovers will miss out financially on this deal.

Based on how slow we are with absolutely everything, I wonder if it’s the same with offers for our players.

I have it on good authority that a Prem club have a bid in for one of our players - not one that has been linked with a move. I imagine bids just sit their unanswered at Ewood due to stupidly convoluted communication and decision making processes.

I cant imagine we'll reinvest the money anyway.

Probably go to running costs, maybe a contract extension or two? 

Be amazed if we pay a transfer fee for anyone this summer regardless if Armstrong goes.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The problem with holding off for the "best price" for Armstrong is we do a deal too late and dont reinvest the money. It's either that or he is staying and we lose him for less in January is my bet. Peanuts. 

• Like 3