BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve never heard of such bullshit. They are only entitled to 40% ABOVE the original transfer fee. Not the 40% AND the £1.75m they’ve already received. Do you have any evidence that this is in the contract, if not stroll on.

Aren’t you both saying the same thing?

First £1.75m is ‘tax free’ we get that in full 

Anything above is ‘Toon Taxed’ at 40% 

So £10m - £1.75m = £8.25m

£8.25m x 60% = £4.95m 

£4.95m + £1.75m = £6.7m to Rovers 

I may be reading wrong but feels you are arguing with someone saying the same 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Sneaky rumours saying he left Rovers training group this afternoon for a meeting ! Not sure whether it is genuine or a wind up

Where are these "sneaky rumours" from?

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

We're not going up with Armstrong in the squad this season so there is absolutely zero benefit to "holding firm" and letting him run down his contract. We're obviously not going up without him either. We'll wait as long as we can and probably get £14m for him. It won't be reinvested in the form of a big money signing. But I'd rather have the £15m for the sake of FFP and wage budget than finish 15th again and have him leave for nothing at all.

Such a mindset implies that there is only one way to get out of the Championship. 

A sensible, well run club (assuming that Armstrong has been allowed to get into a situation like most of the squad with a year left on his deal in the first place) may well sell and reinvest. But with Mowbray in charge, and with the current squad minus Armstrong, could we not very well go down? And indeed Armstrongs goals may be valuable in getting us a stay in this league for an extra year closer to when Mowbray finally goes?

If we do sell, the money will vanish anyway. Im not saying that we shouldnt sell but its not clear cut.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where are these "sneaky rumours" from?

Such a mindset implies that there is only one way to get out of the Championship. 

A sensible, well run club (assuming that Armstrong has been allowed to get into a situation like most of the squad with a year left on his deal in the first place) may well sell and reinvest. But with Mowbray in charge, and with the current squad minus Armstrong, could we not very well go down? And indeed Armstrongs goals may be valuable in getting us a stay in this league for an extra year closer to when Mowbray finally goes?

If we do sell, the money will vanish anyway. Im not saying that we shouldnt sell but its not clear cut.

the fact there will no doubt be 4 or 5 teams worse than us will most likely save us from relegation,we do have some pretty decent players,if you put them in their rightful positions we should be comfortably mid table,bloody miles off even challenging for a play off spot though😫

I am trying to firm up the alleged rumour from 2 ends of the spectrum one who is very close to where rovers currently are and the other linked to Southampton. Of course it may just be that he left the training to be told of the bid alternatively it might be nothing !

Relegation costs an immediate £7 million in lost income and much more in lost ticket and merchandise income.

If there's anyone down there working out pros and cons of selling Armstrong I suggest that's where they start.

Waggott and Mowbray probably so deluded they still think promotion is achievable.

Armstrong isn’t going to fire this club to promotion with the current squad, yet the goalscoring position is the hardest position to fill on the pitch…..

If half of the money is reinvested we could have a shot at a playoff place and for that reason alone I’d sell if the money is right and reinvested in the team. 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

Armstrong isn’t going to fire this club to promotion with the current squad, yet the goalscoring position is the hardest position to fill on the pitch…..

If half of the money is reinvested we could have a shot at a playoff place and for that reason alone I’d sell if the money is right and reinvested in the team. 

Completely agree. Two big ifs at the end though. 

• Like 1

......But what happens if it's not reinvested Gav?

His goals probably kept us up last season during the now infamous 'Death Spirals'.

Selling our top goalscorer and keeping a Manager who is well past his welcome is a recipe for utter disaster.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Completely agree. Two big ifs at the end though. 

Yes couldn’t agree more Kyle, you can’t guarantee anything with these lying swines in charge.   

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

......But what happens if it's not reinvested Gav.

Then we could be flirting with relegation SG, I can’t see the other 2 being as prolific between them.  

• Like 2

Would really appreciate that Obafemi kid on loan as part of the deal.

4 minutes ago, pick32 said:

No reason why anyone would sell for 10million in July, surely a lot more interested parties yet to show there hand 

This is exactly what I was about to post, I’m betting Saints have significantly increased the bid otherwise why not wait a few more weeks. 
14/15m plus Obafemi on loan is a good deal.

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I wouldn't mind Obafemi for a season but if we're trying to build a squad here then we should pick someone from L-1 or from abroad. 

He has the speed to fit into Mowbrays system in the high press on the Right Wing. Brereton left and cash to hopefully sign a goalscorer for the middle.

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Selling Armstrong and keeping Mowbray Will get us to meltdown mode...terrible..

If there's no re-investment and we have to rely on those he's already spent on, that has helped push us into FFP bollocks again. Then yes it's very possible.

I don't consider any of the names linked to be anything other than a cheap hopeful punt. That won't cut it trying to replace someone like Armstrong it'll need BB and Gallagher to really step it up next season.

59 minutes ago, Gav said:

You know very well neither of those things are likely to happen under this manager and owners.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hibernation season and just hope for the best, then start over again under a new manager (hopefully) in 2022/23

That is 100% the reason why I have lost heart, interest and the desire to commit financially to watch Rovers this season, maybe forever.

It's taken over a decade of decline but now I've never felt more apathetic, disconnected or dispassionate for Blackburn Rovers Football Club as I do currently.

Cheers to you Tony, Steve, Madam, Owen, Steve, Paul, Jerome, Shebby, and all the rest of you rotten charlatans that have - and continue to - defecate on the legacy of Jack Walker daily for the past decade+.

Ps. (Since that was in the wrong thread) Southampton swindled us into paying £5m for Sam Gallagher... They should have to pay an additional £6m above asking price out of principal. 🤣

Edited by Angry_Pirate
Wrong group.
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wyke has signed for Wigan apparently nearly earning £10k a week. 

We were after him, so it seems as though we have very little money and need to sell Arma (I assume)

Yeah but without Venkys we'd be Wigan or Bolton (with their 9000+ season ticket holders).

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wyke has signed for Wigan apparently nearly earning £10k a week. 

We were after him, so it seems as though we have very little money and need to sell Arma (I assume)

and we are still under embargo!?

I think our football club is moribund and every supporter should be seriously worried.

• Like 9