BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Why would I make up a rumours 😂, and why would I say who my source is? 

The fact people expect people to say the source is absolutely baffling. There a source for a reason.

Next time I'll just keep things to myself and keep this topic absolutely dead.

You could give a general idea what the source is and it would make zero difference. 

Well it's better to be dead, than discussing stuff that's untrue 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I don't know what you base that optimism on?

It's hope rather than optimism, and a desire to reclaim the club for the fans. We have to do something.

I know a lot of Rovers fans will not boycott but I think it's our only weapon ( I'm aiming this at Venky's rather than Mowbray ). If everyone boycotted a single match, imagine the impact. Will it ever happen ?

What did Steve Jobs say when he started Apple? "I'm aiming to get 1% of the market and take it from there"

1 hour ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Didn't do last time, so not certain why now would be any different.

TBH I think TM got a bit of a pass last year with no fans in the ground - I am sure the natives would have been vocal considering the run we went on. 

Rather than boycotting - why not go to Ewood - cheer the boys on during the match - and then voice your displeasure towards TM at the end of the match (or half time if the mood suits you).

You are right, there is always the option to show displeasure in the ground but Venky's won't even hear about it. We need to do something that will make them take notice.

7 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

You are right, there is always the option to show displeasure in the ground but Venky's won't even hear about it. We need to do something that will make them take notice.

Back in the Kean era we couldn't get an effective boycott - very much doubt there would be one now against owners that continue to put in circa £20m a season or a manager who is still held in fairly high regard by many.

Personally I think he should go - but I still recognise the job he has done.

On 06/07/2021 at 15:20, windymiller7 said:

Not quite. @RevidgeBlue was close, it should've been £6.7m.

£10m -£1.75 = £8.25m. 60% of this is £4.95m. Add back on our original £1.75m gives you £6.7m.

To clear £10m we need £15.5m

Didn't we paid 3 mil in total for Armstrong including add ons. So isn''t 40% of any profit to Newcastle with us having 60%. So if we sold for 10 million for example we would get 7.2 million from the day and Newcastle 2.8 million. If we sold for 15 million We would get 10.2 and Newcastle 4.8 million for him

On 06/07/2021 at 16:31, Miller11 said:

The amount we get from any Armstrong sale will effectively be the price they put on our Championship survival, cos I can’t see us staying up if/when he leaves.

Surely thats depends on how we replace him and with who? 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

159 pages and still we are in the dark about whether we can even sign players at all!

It was back in April that chaddy shared a report that Mowbray was supposedly working on transfers. Gone well.

Since the EFL has taken their time to clear the situation whether we are in embargo or not. We aren't anymore so hopefully we see a few signings

11 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Wyke has signed for Wigan apparently nearly earning £10k a week. 

We were after him, so it seems as though we have very little money and need to sell Arma (I assume)

Who says we were in for him? League 1 striker and gone to Wigan plus doesn't fit Mowbray system or style. So why would we be in for him?

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

and we are still under embargo!?

I think our football club is moribund and every supporter should be seriously worried.

We aren't under Embargo tho Mercer. 

10 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Armstrong is still will Rovers training squad today I am reliably informed

Yes he was at training today if the training camp video Rovers posted is from today. Thats Video has been posted in the Pre-season thread

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

3 confirmed.... so far

You can always admit you were wrong, it won’t matter, it’s only pixels on a screen.

We are all friends here….

Why are there so many disagreements about the AA fee ?

It was reported as 40% of any future PROFIT goes to Newcastle.

So a 10 million sale is 40% of 7 million back to them and what's left is for Rovers. It's a shite deal for Rovers but we did well to sign him in the first place. Fact it might come to that is down to several factors but mainly whoever didn't tie him down a year ago at least needs sacking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

We aren't under Embargo tho Mercer. 

Which Rovers' official has confirmed that and where and when?

If we aren't, why has a Head of Recruitment not been appointed and why haven't we signed anyone?

I think our club is on its knees and almost down and out.