BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not my money but absolutely.

If we accepted a bid of £10m what would that be clear to us?

60% of any profit over £1.75m according to the LT so 60% of £8.25m  I.e. £6.3m.

Not worth it. The only way I would contemplate a sale is if we were getting at least £10m clear which would require a bid of c £20m AND we had targeted someone within our budget to replace him on a PERMANENT basis.

The notion that AA should be replaced by someone coming in  on loan for a year is absolutely ludicrous and is something else Waggott and Mowbray shouldn't be allowed to get away with if they're here that long. (like Brockhall)

The amount we get from any Armstrong sale will effectively be the price they put on our Championship survival, cos I can’t see us staying up if/when he leaves.

• Like 1

Southampton ready second transfer bid for Blackburn Rovers striker Adam Armstrong - HampshireLive

Looks like others are in on the LT conspiracy to sell AA😉

Southampton win race for Blackburn Rovers' Adam Armstrong? - (sportsmole.co.uk)

Other reports saying a fee of just over £10m has been agreed.

FWIW Nixon saying we want £25m 

Before I saw the various calculations on here, I was doing some mental arithmetic to work out how much cash may be generated by the sale of Armstrong.

I gave up when I remembered that it is probably going in the same pot as the Jordan Rhodes and Tom Cairney money so what does it matter?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

Before I saw the various calculations on here, I was doing some mental arithmetic to work out how much cash may be generated by the sale of Armstrong.

I gave up when I remembered that it is probably going in the same pot as the Jordan Rhodes and Tom Cairney money so what does it matter?

The thing is though over the last 4 seasons we havent brought much money in through player sales.The only player of note sold has been Raya in that time for an initial 3 million.

I'm not a venky apologist ,Im in agreement that they are terrible owners but I don't think it can be argued that they haven't backed the manager in the market over the last few years and even before that.

Ain't we under threat of an embargo due to overspending??Was the embargo under Bowyer due to overspending aswell?

It's through their disinterest and stupidity we are in the position we are in not because they won't spend money,...200 million tells us they have spent and lost a fortune on us.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The thing is though over the last 4 seasons we havent brought much money in through player sales.The only player of note sold has been Raya in that time for an initial 3 million.

I'm not a venky apologist ,Im in agreement that they are terrible owners but I don't think it can be argued that they haven't backed the manager in the market over the last few years and even before that.

Ain't we under threat of an embargo due to overspending??Was the embargo under Bowyer due to overspending aswell?

It's through their disinterest and stupidity we are in the position we are in not because they won't spend money,...200 million tells us they have spent and lost a fortune on us.

I agree - total incompetence. They make the same mistakes over and over again. We've been here before where we need to sell and can't replace.

What's the point in having mega rich owners who will spend money but can't be bothered to have any real interest in the correct running of the club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Beafo said:

I think we'd need to sell for 18.4mill to get a clear 10 mill.

18.42 - 1.75 = 16.67 (profit)

60% of 16.67 = 10mill

You've not added back on the £1.75m. Which we would still receive. 😉

15.5 - 1.75 = 13.75

13.75 x 0.6 = 8.25

8.25 + the original 1.75 = 10.

• Like 1

Remember the Rhodes long drawn out exit.

He ended up leaving for about 9 million with add ons to take it to about 11 million. It was nowhere near the owners valuations and fantasy figures in the end. Realistically it got back what they paid and probably covered his wages whilst here.

I expect this to end up similar, so costs and fee covered and we've had him help us to promotion and mid table security, then obscurity. Not bad business but when we can't make real money out of our top assets again it's not great business either.

We again lose the top player and just cover a hole in the books with probably nothing but wages made available.

Not really the Brentford/Barnsley model is it.

• Like 1

We're not going up with Armstrong in the squad this season so there is absolutely zero benefit to "holding firm" and letting him run down his contract. We're obviously not going up without him either. We'll wait as long as we can and probably get £14m for him. It won't be reinvested in the form of a big money signing. But I'd rather have the £15m for the sake of FFP and wage budget than finish 15th again and have him leave for nothing at all.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We're not going up with Armstrong in the squad this season so there is absolutely zero benefit to "holding firm" and letting him run down his contract. We're obviously not going up without him either. We'll wait as long as we can and probably get £14m for him. It won't be reinvested in the form of a big money signing. But I'd rather have the £15m for the sake of FFP and wage budget than finish 15th again and have him leave for nothing at all.

No guarantee whatsoever we'd finish as "high" as  15th without him though. Far more likely we'd be in a relegation battle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

We are more likely to be relegated than finish 15th if we sell Armstrong. If it wasn't for his goals last season we would have been in a real relegation scrap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, superniko said:

I believe 60% of profit means we also get the £1.75m as whole. i.e in your example 60% of £8.25m = £6.3m + £1.75m = £8.05m.

For £10m net we'd need to sell for £15.5m total. (We get £10m and Newcastle get £5.5m)

I’ve never heard of such bullshit. They are only entitled to 40% ABOVE the original transfer fee. Not the 40% AND the £1.75m they’ve already received. Do you have any evidence that this is in the contract, if not stroll on.

2 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I’ve never heard of such bullshit. They are only entitled to 40% ABOVE the original transfer fee. Not the 40% AND the £1.75m they’ve already received. Do you have any evidence that this is in the contract, if not stroll on.

Calm down dear.

Either way it's not in our overall interests to sell imo with such a penal sell on clause.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Calm down dear.

Either way it's not in our overall interests to sell imo with such a penal sell on clause.

I’m chilled drinking red and waiting on the match to start. Can’t believe some people’s understanding of football deals.

• Moderation Lead
14 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Do you have any evidence of what you’re claiming? For someone that’s ‘chilled out’, you’ve got a very aggressive posting style.

Wouldn’t hurt you to simmer down.

36 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

I’m chilled drinking red and waiting on the match to start. Can’t believe some people’s understanding of football deals.

None of it matters or worth getting in a hissy fit about.

We are selling for whatever we can get and AA isn't the only one.

We are also not buying anyone due to our transfer embargo.

It is what it is. Hibernation season and just hope for the best, then start over again under a new manager (hopefully) in 2022/23

42 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Do you have any evidence of what you’re claiming? For someone that’s ‘chilled out’, you’ve got a very aggressive posting style.

Wouldn’t hurt you to simmer down.

Does the original poster have any evidence?  I suppose your view of chilled out is to ignore the post. Tell you what I’m ignoring yours.

9 minutes ago, neophox said:

Selling Armstrong and keeping Mowbray Will get us to meltdown mode...terrible..

sell him now or lose him for nothing next year,unless some biblical miracle happens and we get promoted,he is`nt going to sign another contract,granted he scored a lot of goals last year,will it happen again??,clive allen bagged loads in one season for spurs once,the next season he got sold and barely got into double figures,the moral of the story,cash in while the value is still there