53 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Close season summary :-

No new manager

No new pitch

No new shirts

No new players

No new communication

No new fans

No head of recruitment (after knowing the previous one was leaving 5 months ago) 

Although disagree about no new fans, plenty of Chileans

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, tomphil said:

Changing full backs according to opposition at this level is a bit daft especially when they are of the Douglas/Bell variety.

Lets just a left back in there and let him defend first and foremost, then leave him be if he's playing ok.

Douglas looked a good signing on paper and most were pleased with it but in the flesh not so good. Never looked like he settled here and was obviously on the wane ability wise.

For me just another get him for the sake of it signing with not enough thought into whether he'd do the job defensively. Like Bell more emphasis on what they want from him going forward.

Douglas was crap.. 

Just now, neophox said:

Think we are after Johansen who was one of the best players in the champ last season at QPR. 

Also think Reach and Harwood Bellis will end up at Rovers. 

johansen won`t come here,he`s still got some life left in him and harwood bellis has been loaned out to anderlecht,deciding he`s rather play for vincent kompany instead of mogadonasaourous(can you blame him),we could end up with reach,he`s perfect for tony,someone who`s not very good and is after one last contract,he`ll settle down to a few seasons of leisure

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And he was, just not enough 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Douglas was an upgrade on Bell. Just not a very good one

Not for me. About the same. In fact if you just took their performances this season and ignore previous ones I'd say Bell was better this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not for me. About the same. In fact if you just took their performances this season and ignore previous ones I'd say Bell was better this season.

Can't agree. I never remember Bell having 1 consistently good game or contributing anything of note. Can't stop crosses. You could see Douglas had good technique and a decent delivery 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Each to their own, I am just glad Bell has left.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can't agree. I never remember Bell having 1 consistently good game or contributing anything of note. Can't stop crosses. You could see Douglas had good technique and a decent delivery 

Douglas was an absolute liability at times this season, like Bell was last season and the one before. But he calmed down on that front, started being more effective in the final third and had a few reasonable games. So yeh we will have to just disagree.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think we are after Johansen who was one of the best players in the champ last season at QPR. 

Also think Reach and Harwood Bellis will end up at Rovers. 

Harwood Bellis gone to Belgium

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

johansen won`t come here,he`s still got some life left in him and harwood bellis has been loaned out to anderlecht,deciding he`s rather play for vincent kompany instead of mogadonasaourous(can you blame him),we could end up with reach,he`s perfect for tony,someone who`s not very good and is after one last contract,he`ll settle down to a few seasons of leisure

..and ex Boro

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Douglas was an absolute liability at times this season, like Bell was last season and the one before. But he calmed down on that front, started being more effective in the final third and had a few reasonable games. So yeh we will have to just disagree.

Ah no Douglas did my head in. It's like he never recovered from the awful start. He should have been integrated more slowly 

• Like 1