BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

19 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He's been a decent leader for them, and he's a good age. I think that would be a good signing chaddy.

Thanks for the reply

13 minutes ago, rigger said:

He could join the other five centre halves we have got

Isn't Maglorie going on loan to Morecambe and don't forget how injury prone Ayala is?

10 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

You really do get passive aggressive when someone's opinion doesn't match yours. It's hilarious, if not pathetic.

I've read the interviews with Chapman already and am well aware of what's been said. He's obviously not worked hard enough in training to get ahead of others in the first team. He's had some hard luck with injuries since rejoining, but ultimately it's up to him to get fit and prove to the manager in training that he's good enough to warrant a place in the team. I've not questioned any of that. 

The only thing I challenged was your comment about his u23 performances. "He had an attitude problem and didnt performed well enough for the under 23 so never deserve a chance in the first team."

Last season he scored 2 goals and assisted 4 times in 5 Premier League 2 games. I watched the games against Derby, Leicester and Everton. He scored or assisted in each game and as I said earlier, I felt he was a class above and a real threat in those games I watched. That and his form at Shrewsbury on loan show that there has been a bit of an upturn in his form and attitude, which should hopefully hold him in good stead for next season. 

No one is getting aggressive at all so please don't suggest it. Its a message board and nothing to get mad about. 

I was talking about the season when we were allow inside the stadium to watch games live. 

I wouldn't re-sign Chapman for the coming season

53 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it's not a direct comparison with all things being equal. Dack has had 2 ACL injuries, plays for us, whilst Grealish has avoided major injuries and plays for his boyhood club, who are a club moving in the right direction. The season they went up, when I said that, I think Dack was the better player. In fact one of them could have moved for the bones of £20 million , if the rumours are to be believed! 

Come on. He was never in grealish's class

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was talking about the season when we were allow inside the stadium to watch games live. 

I wouldn't re-sign Chapman for the coming season

I specifically made comment about his u23's performances last season, to which you tried to question how I could have seen them during Covid in a particularly snarky way. His performances for the u23's two seasons ago may well have been poor, but that's old form and not what was being discussed.

So you either:

A) Raised the point about Chapman's u23's performances two years ago as a slight on me, as there was apparently no possible way I could've seen his u23's games last season if I wasn't in the stadium watching it live.

B) Started talking about his u23's performances two seasons ago to fit your agenda that he's been poor and unmotivated (generally but specifically within u23's games as well). When in reality his u23's performances last season were good (from the three games I watched anyway), but he wasn't applying himself enough in training, along with various other reasons no doubt.

Neither reflect very well on you, but we'll leave it there. He's signed now, so that's that. Hopefully he gets a couple of games, as it sounds like he's got a point to prove. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The conclusion I arrived at some time ago is that the people running Rovers thrive in the uncertainty.

They certainly don't like sharing information unless they have to - like the training ground stunt.

Only thing to draw from it is that it is either bad news that they are scared/embarrassed to release or there's some advantage to them keeping quiet.

So basically it’s either bad news or good news, think one of them could be right.

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The conclusion I arrived at some time ago is that the people running Rovers thrive in the uncertainty.

They certainly don't like sharing information unless they have to - like the training ground stunt.

Only thing to draw from it is that it is either bad news that they are scared/embarrassed to release or there's some advantage to them keeping quiet.

I don't even think it's that conspiratorial. Things are just done at a snails pace, or neglected. It just boils down to things being very amateur, whereas smaller , more organised clubs can thrive in the current climate, we can't 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well it's not a direct comparison with all things being equal. Dack has had 2 ACL injuries, plays for us, whilst Grealish has avoided major injuries and plays for his boyhood club, who are a club moving in the right direction. The season they went up, when I said that, I think Dack was the better player. In fact one of them could have moved for the bones of £20 million , if the rumours are to be believed! 

Now give over you slating me on Mols, 😁

You've taken the piss too much now.. Dack better than Grealish and AA slagged off last season....all time low mate..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TruRover said:

Johansen would be class btw, got Fulham mates who want him to stay and play for them next season though they accept he should move on based on how the club has treated him.

Would no doubt be a coup.

I got the impression he was staying in the Premier league or equivalent abroad....be a good signing for us. Never in a million years.

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Now give over you slating me on Mols, 😁

You've taken the piss too much now.. Dack better than Grealish and AA slagged off last season....all time low mate..

Not just Mols to be fair. You've gotten quite the catalogue at this stage. 

That season I think Dack was. Obviously since their careers have diverged on 2 very different paths and Dack won't be catching him now. You can throw your mind back to then can't you? As in its not now. Do you understand? Dack scored more than double the number of Championship goals Grealish scored that season. I think you're catching up. Good boy. 

Again, you're struggling to grasp nuanced conversation on Armstrong and are processing it as "slagging". Maybe the adults speaking will click with you some day. Keep reading and learning anyway. We believe in you! 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not just Mols to be fair. You've gotten quite the catalogue at this stage. 

That season I think Dack was. Obviously since their careers have diverged on 2 very different paths and Dack won't be catching him now. You can throw your mind back to then can't you? As in its not now. Do you understand? Dack scored more than double the number of Championship goals Grealish scored that season. I think you're catching up. Good boy. 

Again, you're struggling to grasp nuanced conversation on Armstrong and are processing it as "slagging". Maybe the adults speaking will click with you some day. Keep reading and learning anyway. We believe in you! 

You trumped me mate...shocking...😁😄👍

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I’m struggling with specifics off the top of my head. Sitting watching every game on a screen in the same setting has meant they have all blurred into one largely disappointing mess.

I think Buckley has a great first touch, good feet, a lot of awareness and is a good passer off the ball. Most of his weaknesses appear to be physical, which can be worked on to a degree, certainly more so than technical ability.

I'll help you with this...there are none. He's been awful all of last season. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Johansen would be class btw, got Fulham mates who want him to stay and play for them next season though they accept he should move on based on how the club has treated him.

Would no doubt be a coup.

It would be a Chicken coup.

• Like 2

Think we may try to get Harwood-Bellis back. Johansen and Reach would both be good replacements for Holtby and Trybull. 

Johansen is a leader and a good player for this division and Reach would be even better in a better team.  They would both add experience in a youth side and both would be cheap except for wages.. 

Edited by neophox

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Seems like the Ben Sheaf rumours were a load of rubbish. He has joined Coventry permanently as expected.

Even the Coventrys of this world are strengthening,  nobbers have bought a few, Luton too....I'm worried they are going to improve whilst we rely.on our 23s and citeh's 23s.....worrying times.

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Think we may try to get Harwood-Bellis back. Johansen and Reach would both be good replacements for Holtby and Trybull. 

Johansen is a leader and a good player for this division and Reach would be even better in a better team.  They would both add experience in a youth side and both would be cheap except for wages.. 

He's already joined Anderlecht on loan

11 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Wednesdays equivalent message board reckon he's dog shit and sounds like a waste of time....they might be wrong....

Lets hope he's just one of those who needs a change like the usual championship journey man.

Short contract then he can try and earn another.

23 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know you have said Dack is fat and useless in some of your nonsensical posts, but the fact is he scored more than double the goals Grealish did that season. So even you can grasp that. 

Oh mate, stop you're killing me....you've done it now....🤣🤣