BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from? 9 minutes of senior football ever is hardly one to get excited about to be fair.

Leshabela is only 21 years old, playing for a good Leicester team. If he plays plenty of mins for that team, he won't be coming to Rovers. 

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Nickoteen: Is he an upcoming kid signed to one of the top clubs, Al?

Al: Best if they’re left to get on with it … once it gets done then it’s another story

Nickoteen: What do u rate this player out of 10? Would it be a coup?

Al: Lad could be anything

Nickoteen: Is it Ryan Gauld Al?

Al: No

It's Ryan Gauld. 

Ah yes because of course Mr Nixon is far more concerned with the club making a signing than he is breaking the story 

Literally such a vague tweet which he can then circle back to the next (first) genuine target with an ‘Aye’

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where is this from? 9 minutes of senior football ever is hardly one to get excited about to be fair.

From a Leicester City transfer account on Twitter. Not the most reliable of places, I know, but sounds like a plausible deal based on our current transfer policy.

22 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Nope, the wrong move is not sacking Mowbray. A decent manager would get more from Chapman. Even a mediocre one, to be honest.

Havent we been over and over that Mowbray should be sack debate time after time. Do we need to again the transfer thread? 

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Bannan..why when we have Travis and Davenport with Johnson competing for a defensive role.. 

Not a defensive midfielder player

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hes played 782 mins of EFL trophy against teams in league 1 or 2 teams for their under 23's team.

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Stefan Johansen from Fulham next on the rumour list. Would take him too.

Decent player and add experience 

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The lack of clarity and transparency from the club regarding the embargo we are under is pitiful.

Why ? Imagine we are in breach of FFP rules - having that confirmed to potential buyers of Armstrong won't exactly strengthen our position. Also, there may be some negotiation going on with the FL - again why publicise ?

46 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Why ? Imagine we are in breach of FFP rules - having that confirmed to potential buyers of Armstrong won't exactly strengthen our position.

Eh? it's not like the training ground fiasco, if it's confirmed we're in a FFP-related embargo then Waggott won't be able to keep it a secret. And everybody already knows it's a possibility because it's been all over the press. 

And the original poster was right, the lack of communication since the original statement back in March/April isn't really good enough. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

The biggest problem we have, beyond even embargoes and Venkys dithering problematic as those are, is we have no idea of our best team or formation. We aren't looking for the final pieces of a jigsaw, we don't even know what jigsaw we are doing.

We've no idea if the plan is 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (of some kind) wingbacks or any of the other formations that have had an airing over the last year or so. And as for personnel other than Armstrong, who may be off, there's very few guaranteed a start. And even when players play they shift positions. Rothwell and Elliott I lost track of how many positions they played in. Gally and Buckley played right back. Even when players are selected where they play is a lottery. So how the heck are we or those recruiting  supposed to know what we need? 

With the right formation and plan even mediocre signings can be very good as they are utilised to their full potential. The converse is also true - good players in the wrong system or position will perform much worse. Since we have no idea of a plan signings are much more likely to struggle. 

Incidentally I'm not saying the other issues don't matter. Just we are hamstrung before we even get to them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The lack of clarity and transparency from the club regarding the embargo we are under is pitiful.

What more you want that the club cant register players until the club published their accounts on companies house website? Has the EFL comment on this matte

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Havent we been over and over that Mowbray should be sack debate time after time. Do we need to again the transfer thread? 

You're completely missing the point, which is that the Shrewsbury manager seem to be able to get something out of him, yet in years here as a permanent Rovers player Mowbray's never given him any support or too much of a run in the team. A bit like when Brereton first came. Whenever they did well, whether setting up a goal or even scoring, then they're on the bench the next game (usually not even getting on) meaning that whenever a young player gets any kind of momentum, the great man manager swats them down. Often accompanied by playing them down publicly during his rambling chat to the press. If he really was trying to mess with their confidence, it's hard to think what he'd do differently.

So, therefore the contract extension isn't a bad thing, but it's hard to see what Mowbray is going to do but make it as hard as possible for him to succeed. My point was not whether or not TM should have been sacked (he obviously should, any Rovers fan who thinks 1 win in 15 is acceptable has a very low bar for which they wish the club to reach) as that's already been proven after the disaster that was the promotion push of last season.

Edited by TheRoversReturn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Why ? Imagine we are in breach of FFP rules - having that confirmed to potential buyers of Armstrong won't exactly strengthen our position. Also, there may be some negotiation going on with the FL - again why publicise ?

Are you really thinking there's no grapevine or jungle drums in football ?

Everybody in football who takes an intertest would soon know about it, probably before it's announced. Certainly before fans.......and Nixon.

2 hours ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

You can’t keep a secret for long inside football, it’s a small world. Other clubs will have a good idea what’s going on at Rovers even if we don’t.

33 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

The biggest problem we have, beyond even embargoes and Venkys dithering problematic as those are, is we have no idea of our best team or formation. We aren't looking for the final pieces of a jigsaw, we don't even know what jigsaw we are doing.

We've no idea if the plan is 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 (of some kind) wingbacks or any of the other formations that have had an airing over the last year or so. And as for personnel other than Armstrong, who may be off, there's very few guaranteed a start. And even when players play they shift positions. Rothwell and Elliott I lost track of how many positions they played in. Gally and Buckley played right back. Even when players are selected where they play is a lottery. So how the heck are we or those recruiting  supposed to know what we need? 

With the right formation and plan even mediocre signings can be very good as they are utilised to their full potential. The converse is also true - good players in the wrong system or position will perform much worse. Since we have no idea of a plan signings are much more likely to struggle. 

Incidentally I'm not saying the other issues don't matter. Just we are hamstrung before we even get to them. 

I agree, I’ve no real interest in who we are or aren’t signing as long as Mowbray is in charge. We’ve never had a settled side or a recognisable way of playing since the promotion season.

People come on here saying Joe Bloggs could be a good player for us or Bill Smith is just what we want. I can’t see how you can say that without knowing how Mowbray intends to set up the team. If he doesn’t know, how can they know.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

You're completely missing the point, which is that the Shrewsbury manager seem to be able to get something out of him, yet in years here as a permanant Rovers player Mowbray's never given him any support or too much of a run in the team.

In a different position and league lower. 

He had an attitude problem and didnt performed well enough for the under 23 so never deserve a chance in the first team

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree, I’ve no real interest in who we are or aren’t signing as long as Mowbray is in charge. We’ve never had a settled side or a recognisable way of playing since the promotion season.

People come on here saying Joe Bloggs could be a good player for us or Bill Smith is just what we want. I can’t see how you can say that without knowing how Mowbray intends to set up the team. If he doesn’t know, how can they know.

And the more I think about it, the crazier it seems. I can't recall any manager being so clueless about the team and formation. We've had plenty of bad managers and their plans didn't work, but a manager with seemingly no plan? It's unprecedented. 

Thinking to some of the turgid Rovers teams I have seen, all have had a plan, albeit a not very good one. Ince, Coyle, Souness in the latter half of his last full season. All had a plan and a team who you knew mostly who would be playing. And whilst none of those plans worked great, there was something to fix and build upon by the new manager. Whereas we are just heading along blind with no idea of what we are trying to achieve. If we don't know that, it's very hard to fix it to achieve success. 

14 hours ago, JoeH said:

Best guess is Barry Bannan. Not many players fit the bill of interesting, a very good deal financially but not a free agent. But yes, he's left that awfully vague.

I'd be happy to see Bannon at Ewood. Always looked an inventive and tidy player when I've seen him. Good ticker as well.

14 hours ago, neophox said:

Bannan..why when we have Travis and Davenport with Johnson competing for a defensive role.. 

Have you ever seen Bannon play? Completely different player than those 3 and I wouldn't categorise Davenport as being a DM , more of an 8 

Bannon would be an absolutely cracking signing. I can see him getting better offers than here, so getting him would be a coup 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 2