BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer transfer window 2021.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Coventry sign Martin Waghorn. A lot of clubs doing decent business for them. That's Coventrys 3rd signing in the last 10 days by my count. 

Great to give players time to settle in pre-season 

Better to save a few grand on wages and sign the dregs that's left on deadline day....

12 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Yeah, in retrospect there's not much of a comparison in terms of their ability, but it wasn't at all long ago where Grealish looked like he was going down the 'wasted talent' career route. All this at the same time when Dack took to the Championship like a duck to water. 

The way that Grealish has kicked on makes the whole comparison seem a bit silly now, but it wasn't daft at the time. 

Reminds me of the Dunn - Lampard debate. At one time it was Dunn who was England U21 captain and perhaps looked the better bet. It didn't quite pan out that way mind...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Douglas looked a good signing on paper and most were pleased with it but in the flesh not so good. Never looked like he settled here and was obviously on the wane ability wise.

For me just another get him for the sake of it signing with not enough thought into whether he'd do the job defensively. Like Bell more emphasis on what they want from him going forward.

Seems like Pickering has been bought with the same emphasis in mind.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JoeH said:

https://www.lutontown.co.uk/news/2021/june/bell-ifollow/ Where are these comments? I looked in this interview and couldn't find anything like that.

Do you not read the LT ?

'On Jones, the 27 year old added: 'Meeting him, i saw his passion and his drive. I really bought into that and thought it was something i definitely want to work with.

"It's different to what i've seen before"

Pretty much what a lot of us feel is the missing ingredient here with a guy who prefers to plod on and protect his status quo above anything else.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Do you not read the LT ?

'On Jones, the 27 year old added: 'Meeting him, i saw his passion and his drive. I really bought into that and thought it was something i definitely want to work with.

"It's different to what i've seen before"

Pretty much what a lot of us feel is the missing ingredient here with a guy who prefers to plod on and protect his status quo above anything else.

True but Bell was clearly out of favour, so he would say that. In this instance there is clearly truth to it though..Mowbray is not the most motivating or inspiring. Actually he is draining and we have all pretty much opened our eyes to that now 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Same was said about Douglas.

Douglas should have been a good signing, in theory. He certainly had the pedigree and the experience. It was a real shame he ended up being a massive disappointment. 

• Like 2

does anyone know which teams will be classed as cat a and cat a+ on the issue of match day prices??bloody expensive when you consider what you have to endure from a mowbray side and a strange way to try and get more people through the turnstiles,if swag thinks keeping  season ticket prices the same but raising match day prices is the answer then he`s a ****** idiot who`s completely misjudged his market,we`ll be down to 8,000/9,000 crowds this season,even less at times when you consider weather and opposition

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

does anyone know which teams will be classed as cat a and cat a+ on the issue of match day prices??bloody expensive when you consider what you have to endure from a mowbray side and a strange way to try and get more people through the turnstiles,if swag thinks keeping  season ticket prices the same but raising match day prices is the answer then he`s a ****** idiot who`s completely misjudged his market,we`ll be down to 8,000/9,000 crowds this season,even less at times when you consider weather and opposition

I've wondered this as well. It's not like the Premier League years where you'd happily pay a premium to see the likes of United and Liverpool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JHRover said:

All these other clubs busy snapping up the free agents. What market are we in again and what are we waiting for? 

We haven't had definite confirmation the registration embargo has been lifted and that we can sign players yet have we?

Unless I've missed it.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

True but Bell was clearly out of favour, so he would say that. In this instance there is clearly truth to it though..Mowbray is not the most motivating or inspiring. Actually he is draining and we have all pretty much opened our eyes to that now 

Yeah they all pour it on thick when they get signed but i just thought the last bit about not seeing that before was telling. I don't think it was a dig just an observation but it touches on something missing here as you say.

Mowbray is clearly a passionate football man - when it comes to talking it - but drive to get us in the mix over just maintaining something he can cope with ? No chance.