BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

1 hour ago, 47er said:

Very little support on LT comments for Mowbray today and 70+ responses when I last looked. I think even the dumbest have finally seen the light.

His latest guff has me furious. Lamenting that we keep losing 1-0 and implying we were so close or it’s bad luck. We lose because we can’t score. And we can’t score because you Mowbray threw  away 12 million quid on 2 strikers who are rubbish.  

You don’t take responsibility for this and you don’t take responsibility for anything else. And when you leave, the club will find it difficult to function. We’ll be losing young talent for nothing, there’ll be no money for transfers, you intend to wreck the Academy with your mates and we could be back in Div 1 again. Oh, and crowds will be tiny.

That will be your legacy Tony and you should be ashamed. I haven’t the words to express my anger and contempt. Go.

I am absolutely furious at what is happening to my club,

Except one guy said let's not panick its not mowbray's fault. That's the trouble on here knee here reactions

• Like 1

He has a fragile ego we've seen that the min the media asked him a few searching questions.

That lasted all of 2 mins before they either bottled it or got reigned in. Things were probably said off record to fend them off. However it flagged up just how untouchable he sees himself here so any aggro from a crowd would tip him pretty quickly.

The covid situ has been both a hinderance and a help to his position this season. I'd like to think results would have been better with a crowd in but not naive enough to think they would have been good enough. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

My point was that they are only mentioned because they played here in the past. Totally against us cobbling together managerial teams with nostalgia or sentiment playing even a 1% part in it. I never have defended the position of Venus and Lowe, obviously with Mowbray they should go.

I would rather Beattie or Duff on our coaching staff then Venus and Lowe. Duff has been coach at Celtic and Republic of Ireland and Beattie has been coached a number of teams under Monk. 

14 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

Unable to escape relegation, to winning promotion from a division way below the talents of Mulgrew, Graham and Dack.

That's one of us biggest failings , he is unable to replace those 3 players ..

You would have thought Mowbray and Venus being defenders in the playing careers they would have been able to buy us a quality permanent centre back signing in the last 3 years. Plenty of people on here suggest players we should have signed to replace them. 

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would rather Beattie or Duff on our coaching staff then Venus and Lowe. Duff has been coach at Celtic and Republic of Ireland and Beattie has been coached a number of teams under Monk. 

You would have thought Mowbray and Venus being defenders in the playing careers they would have been able to buy us a quality permanent centre back signing in the last 3 years. Plenty of people on here suggest players we should have signed to replace them. 

In my experience centre halves aren’t the sharpest knives in the box. All that heading etc. 

4 hours ago, RoverDom said:

My the looks of it, this result has turned even the happy clappy crew on Facebook. 

It looks like it, but hard to tell. They just tend to grow a lot quieter after a defeat, and quieter still the more of them there have been. But come a win they seem to feel vindicated and spring back into life.

Of course, the same can be said for those who want him gone. It can feel churlish, or open you up to a lot of nonsense, to publicly state you want the manager gone after a decent result or two. Yet when we don't continue to state it at those moments, the happy clappers come out with 'where are the Mowbray Out brigade now?'

It's all very peurile. People should be able to just have a mature discussion about it, but it isn't the way of the world.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lots of people have been coaches at lots of clubs. Why Beattie and Duff?

58 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In my experience centre halves aren’t the sharpest knives in the box. All that heading etc. 

Mowbray and Venus has alot of experience in playing and coaching in football. Yet in 3 years since we gain promotion we haven't sign a quality permanent centre back in that time. 

in our 1st season we could have sign John Egan, Konsa, 

2nd season we could have sign Pontus Jansson or Jake Cooper or Yoann Barbet

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray and Venus has alot of experience in playing and coaching in football. Yet in 3 years since we gain promotion we haven't sign a quality permanent centre back in that time. 

in our 1st season we could have sign John Egan, Konsa, 

2nd season we could have sign Pontus Jansson or Jake Cooper or Yoann Barbet

You missed out Bauer who we chased for ages and still ended up missing out on (to Preston...) despite being on a free. Have repeatedly said he was imo our biggest miss transfer wise under TM. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It looks like it, but hard to tell. They just tend to grow a lot quieter after a defeat, and quieter still the more of them there have been. But come a win they seem to feel vindicated and spring back into life.

Of course, the same can be said for those who want him gone. It can feel churlish, or open you up to a lot of nonsense, to publicly state you want the manager gone after a decent result or two. Yet when we don't continue to state it at those moments, the happy clappers come out with 'where are the Mowbray Out brigade now?'

It's all very peurile. People should be able to just have a mature discussion about it, but it isn't the way of the world.

In truth with TM i think most of those who want change have wanted it for a while and made their own minds up over the last 18 months.

The glass ceiling was hit with some force a long time ago.  However last summer and the unexpected backing he received allowed a bit of breathing space and presented him with his best opportunity to back up his talk.

He's failed miserably on all fronts sadly, so a few victories in end of season dead rubbers and more bold talk aren't going to alter much opinion. We know what we are dealing with now and expect bucket loads of the same, great backing or not.

In short nothing will change he is what he is but all this 'integrity' and the rest of it veneer is wearing very thin now. Only the most head in the sands or manager over club lovers will remain his staunchest allies. 

• Like 4

Watching West Brom tonking Chelsea reminds me realize how simple this game is. Get the ball out to the wing, beat your man, cross accurately and get some big boys to volley or head it in. Rinse and repeat. 

High performance football is not passing the ball sideways.  I have always believed that footballers have a responsibility to perform at their best whatever the directions from the manager. Many are not. 

Mowbray has a good squad in spite of injuries. What is not clear is his approach to the game because it keeps changing. Norwich don't  change their game because they have too much confidence in their game to worry about anyone else. 

As far as the journey goes, if you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. 

I respect Mowbray’s ability to steady the ship that is Blackburn Rovers. Contrary  to popular belief, it is not easy to bounce back from Division 3. We did with a simple consistent system. 

Lets see the season out and signal a new direction with a younger visionary at the helm. The choice is not great. Too many managers who have plenty of journey but sporadic success.

Maybe the continental model is the way to go. 

Edited by bigbrandjohn
  • Like 2

His style of football allows players to hide far too easily and again that's another symptom of the real problem.  It allows multi personnel changes and kids to be plonked in without falling to bits and getting tonked every week.  I think that's a large part of the reason he's adopted it, however...

It's no good losing, losing is losing whichever way it's dressed up and here he's now presented them with a raft of ready made excuses. Mentality is all wrong and has been since they dumbed everything down after promotion. When instead that should've lit the fuse.

If he wanted to create a pressure free enviroment he seems to have done that certainly. Soon  turns into holiday camp mode, it used to be just do enough to keep everyone off our backs.  Lack of fans means they aren't even bothered about that now by the looks of it and the sounds of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

In truth with TM i think most of those who want change have wanted it for a while and made their own minds up over the last 18 months.

The glass ceiling was hit with some force a long time ago.  However last summer and the unexpected backing he received allowed a bit of breathing space and presented him with his best opportunity to back up his talk.

He's failed miserably on all fronts sadly, so a few victories in end of season dead rubbers and more bold talk aren't going to alter much opinion. We know what we are dealing with now and expect bucket loads of the same, great backing or not.

In short nothing will change he is what he is but all this 'integrity' and the rest of it veneer is wearing very thin now. Only the most head in the sands or manager over club lovers will remain his staunchest allies. 

Good post and I agree, but IMO there are no dead rubbers as teams below us pick up momentum.  I think we will be relying on 3 teams to have less points than us and it will be too close for comfort.

Hoping it doesn’t come down to last match with big club because we will lose judging by their efforts and our efforts yesterday.

MOWBRAY MUST GO

• Like 1

Is it possible to email everyone who has signed up to this site with a link for the petition? And can a  permabone be posted somewhere prominent on the site ie the mb page? Just wanna try and get as  many people as possible signed up.

4 hours ago, Blue blood said:

You missed out Bauer who we chased for ages and still ended up missing out on (to Preston...) despite being on a free. Have repeatedly said he was imo our biggest miss transfer wise under TM. 

McGinn was the biggest miss but not altogether Mowbray’s fault.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Is there any other job in world football where you would still be in a job with 1 win in 15 and the last game was a defeat against the bottom of the league?

It’s not just the run of results, it’s the way we are playing. It’s really the pits. I can’t honestly remember such a poor run of form in all my 60 odd years of watching Rovers.

• Like 5

• Backroom
14 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

This.

I don't particularly blame Mowbray or his entourage for this...they were offered a lucrative contract and they're fulfilling it as we all would. 

The Venky's signed off on this contract and it's the Venky's who need to terminate it. If you follow every single problem the club has had since 2010 back to its source then it always, always goes back to one place; Venkateshwara House, Pune.

Mowbary leaving (and it has to happen soon, this can't go on) won't be a cause for celebration for me. He's just a manager who has run his course. 

The problems will remain and they're all sat on their arses in India. 

I don't necessarily blame Mowbray for clinging on to the bitter end, however I think he deserves to be called out for his hypocrisy regarding integrity and resignation due to his comments at Coventry. Which, as a reminder, were:

"The table doesn't lie," Mowbray, 52, told BBC Sport, following Wednesday's 2-2 home draw with AFC Wimbledon, which proved his final game in charge.

"It's embarrassing to go 10 games without a win. I'm an honourable guy."

Keep in mind this run garnered 6 points from those 10 games. 

Comparatively, we've got 7 points from our last 13 games. Where's his "honour" now? This is worse than the run he resigned from at Coventry, supposedly out of honour. 

He made a rod for his own back with those comments, and it needs to be highlighted because we've heard all too often that he's a man of 'integrity' and 'honour' who will 'do the right thing' if things aren't working out. What we're seeing now is that he's the same as every other manager out there, clinging on even when the ship is sinking rapidly and waiting for a payout. I don't blame him for doing so but I also can't help but look at his words when he left Coventry and wonder what else he's lied to us about over the years. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

McGinn was the biggest miss but not altogether Mowbray’s fault.

Were we ever realistically in for him? If so huge miss by us. 

Edit my recollection was we were outbid by Villa, so some excuse there as you say. Bauer though - no way Preston should be able to get players before us. 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

He made a rod for his own back with those comments, and it needs to be highlighted because we've heard all too often that he's a man of 'integrity' and 'honour' who will 'do the right thing' if things aren't working out. What we're seeing now is that he's the same as every other manager out there, clinging on even when the ship is sinking rapidly and waiting for a payout. I don't blame him for doing so but I also can't help but look at his words when he left Coventry and wonder what else he's lied to us about over the years. 

I don't buy the honourable or integrity BS either and he fully deserves calling out. End of the day though, he's contractually appointed to do a job and he's doing it. If the results he produces are not deemed to be good enough, then the employers need to get rid of him. His employers are obviously happy enough with the utter crap that he is delivering or they'd have sacked six weeks ago (or two years ago would have been better).

Yesterday wasn't the final straw, that was ages ago under Mr. Honesty/Integrity/Saint Tony...

• Like 4