BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

Just now, Crimpshrine said:
noun
noun: journey;
  1. an act of travelling from one place to another.

Championship to League 1 ?

I’ve been working under the assumption that Mowbray is a thicko from Middlesbrough who likes biscuits and also dabbles in football management. He’s pulled the wool over everyone’s eyes there. I bet no one considered that’s what he meant by the journey. He’s rumbled now. 

3 minutes ago, yellowsubmarine said:

oooh,.. cant wait for this journey! exciting!

Just keep your fingers crossed that the Football League have a change of heart before the end of season about this ancient and out dated way of awarding  points for football games and go with the extra points for possession, incursions into the box and being a nice man method

• Like 2

On 01/04/2021 at 01:23, Butty said:

We should be able to beat them but if a loss there pushes Mowbray nearer to the door then I won’t lose any sleep over it which is sad to say. Haven’t wanted a manager to go this much since K**n. 

On 01/04/2021 at 00:14, Butty said:

Literally couldn’t give less of a shit about this game. 

Just checked the score, fuck off Tony please. 

• Like 1

This really is the pits. If any result was to sum up the owners' run of terror it's losing 1-0 at rock bottom Wycombe. A woeful, hopeless, pathetic performance. Absolutely sick of this garbage. "Mowbray's teams are pleasing on the eye", "Mowbray's teams play attractive football". Some of those Sky pundits need to watch this crap that we have to put up with!

I've wasted so much money on ifollow this season yet have only enjoyed two matches. I was suckered in after the Norwich game, but that's me done with the match passes now.

I'm not expecting any response from Pune whatsoever. It's a bloody sorry situation seeing our club held hostage by utter buffoons.

• Like 6

So, does this sound familiar -

Dominate the possession 69%

Have just 2 shots on target (same as Wycombe)

Concede from a set-piece.

Same old, same old. Sod possession and focus on effectiveness.  Lots of people hated Allardyce and his game plan but he worked on what delivered results, this isn't Strictl;y Come Dancing where points are awarded for style.  It's about putting the bloody ball in the back of the bloody net Tony!!!!!

20 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I agree 100%.

There just doesn’t appear to be any enthusiasm or passion from him, that carries over to everybody. 

I’m not advocating Ainsworth, but he has all the passion & fire that Mowbray lacks. His players lack the quality of the majority of ours, but he gets more from them. 

I would take Ainsworth in a heartbeat. Has passion, shouting from the touchline, has 2 promotions on his CV and if appointed at the end of the season(dont think he would leave Wycombe right now) would bring my believe in my Rovers team. 

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

IMO, there is just no hope whilst Waggott, Mowbray, Venus, Lowe and Benson remain in situ..

Agree. Like I said during the international break I would have sack Waggott, Mowbray, Venus and Lowe. Appoint Damien Johnson as caretaker for the rest of the season. Bring in Duff or Beattie to help him. Plus Barr from under 23's. Then find a CEO in the next month and appoint him. Appoint a sporting director/head coach or manager depending on the football structure you want within the next 2 or 3 weeks after the CEO appointment. 

Cheston and Slivester can run the club for a month

3 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Does anyone have Waggott's email address and one for the Venkys?

swaggott@rovers.co.uk

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Get Ainsworth in! Not only is he a Rover but he looks like Richard Ashcroft Circa 93 The Verve Storm in Heaven era.

Ask him to bring Akinfenwa with him. He’d be more use than Gallagher and Brereton.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

He did say he hasnt seen much of us play this season. Cant see him watching Ifollow coverage 

I saw your post earlier about him praising Mowbray. Subsequently he says he’s not seen us a lot. 🤦‍♂️. Legend status isn’t easily earned, one of my favourites, I just hope he belts up from now on. Or actually watches us and gets on board with the reality of the situation. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Get Ainsworth in! Not only is he a Rover but he looks like Richard Ashcroft Circa 93 The Verve Storm in Heaven era.

Stick a weathered cowboy hat on him and it's Ian Astbury from the Cult (Electric period)

• Like 1

Absolute shite interview on radio Lancs from Mowbray. I don’t know why I listen, he spent more time talking Wycombe up. Mumble, mumble, mumble. He’d talk a glass eye to sleep.

Same old story today, the players have downed tools already and are being allowed to get away with it. Losing to the bottom of the league without a whimper. Anybody with an ounce of integrity would be calling it a day after that.

If he’s still here next season I’ll be breaking the habit of a lifetime and putting a £10 on us to go down.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Seen it all, I'm already there

• Like 1