BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 21/22

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Season finished. Play the kids and certainly don’t let Nyambe, Lenihan or Rothwell play for the club again. 

It may well be over by the end of Easter, but of course you don’t give up and ‘play the kids’ when you are sitting one place (and two points) outside the play offs with five games to go…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

But do you agree or disagree with my statement, that if we win today we are still in the hunt ?

I completely disagree. I couldn’t disagree any more. 

Not that it matters since we can't do the business but a Luton win was bad for us. Forest are likely to bounce back but Luton I felt was more likely to fall away and a more realistic prospect for us to catch. So a win makes it harder. Mind you it's all academic since we can't beat the worst team in the league. 

• Like 3

Just now, Blue blood said:

Not that it matters since we can't do the business but a Luton win was bad for us. Forest are likely to bounce back but Luton I felt was more likely to fall away and a more realistic prospect for us to catch. So a win makes it harder. Mind you it's all academic since we can't beat the worst team in the league. 

I genuinely don’t think we have another win in us. 2 wins in 14 matches. We’re going to better last seasons quite laughable 2 wins in 17 IMO. 

It’s infuriating that anyone can oversee such runs and yet not be held accountable.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I genuinely don’t think we have another win in us. 2 wins in 14 matches. We’re going to better last seasons quite laughable 2 wins in 17 IMO. 

It’s infuriating that anyone can oversee such runs and yet not be held accountable.

I find it hard to disagree. What makes it frustrating is so many favours are being done for us. Yes Luton went against us but other results went for us especially the Sheff Utd one. So it's doubly frustrating. 

Lack of accountability is huge. We must be the only club where results don't matter. To have 3 horror runs in 5 seasons and still be in post. It's unheard of. 

• Like 5

derby are putting it all on the line against fulham,this is a club in crisis with no owners  with a team full of youth players and a few old pro`s,look at what you can achieve with a motivated coach who sticks to the basics,said it before,if we have any ambition left we should be doing everything in our power to get rooney here next season,sadly i doubt we have one iota of ambition

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Good on him. He’s done brilliantly at Derby. He’s proved me wrong big time.

They were fantastic Rooney second half and made Fulham looked very poor. 

I also enjoyed and admire his loyal to Derby, the fans there and players he got there. 

• Like 1

So that's recently League Two Coventry and bankrupt Derby who have both put Fulham to the sword in the last week 

When we played them it was supposed to be mission impossible because they spent so much money and have some good players.

• Like 6

It’s not over yet.

If we win on Monday, Sheff Utd & Boro both lose, Mowbray quits, Dack loses a stone in a week and both Mars and Venus deviate from their orbital path to cause an unprecedented solar eclipse, we can still do this.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

So that's recently League Two Coventry and bankrupt Derby who have both put Fulham to the sword in the last week 

When we played them it was supposed to be mission impossible because they spent so much money and have some good players.

We show teams far too much respect under Mowbray. 

Yesterday game was a classic case of showing them too much respect and sitting back instead of pressing high and closing them down quick. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Unsure if you went chaddy but I certainly wouldn't put yesterdays debacle down to "showing them too much respect."

watched the full game on Sky. Its was truly pathetic and passionless performance all game apart from a couple of good bits. 

We didn't show any passion or commitment. Plus the tactics and formation was clueless. Players out of position again. 

Mowbray's comments post match summed up a manager who has lost his passion for Rovers job and need to go asap. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

It’s not over yet.

If we win on Monday, Sheff Utd & Boro both lose, Mowbray quits, Dack loses a stone in a week and both Mars and Venus deviate from their orbital path to cause an unprecedented solar eclipse, we can still do this.

As much as we alI dare to dream I don’t think dack losing a stone in a week is possible even if the rest happened 😂

• Like 1

There's a theme of complete cluelessness that rears its head especially when either we have a man sent off or the opposition do.

Any change in a game that is forced upon us - whether that be a man advantage, disadvantage, injury or going behind - and the ineptitude becomes clear. He has no plan for how to deal with it and even in circumstances where it should be to our advantage like at Sheffield United he bottles it because he doesn't know what to do.

Sign of a poor manager is one that can't or won't take advantage of in game developments or doesn't have a plan for them.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

There's a theme of complete cluelessness that rears its head especially when either we have a man sent off or the opposition do.

Any change in a game that is forced upon us - whether that be a man advantage, disadvantage, injury or going behind - and the ineptitude becomes clear. He has no plan for how to deal with it and even in circumstances where it should be to our advantage like at Sheffield United he bottles it because he doesn't know what to do.

Sign of a poor manager is one that can't or won't take advantage of in game developments or doesn't have a plan for them.

We don't know how to control games, it's a bit like watching Manchester United under OGS and solely relying on hitting teams on the break. We have become one-dimensional, just like we were last season by wanting to keep possession at all cost not bothering about threatening the opposition's goal. Mowbray has zero adaptability and can't coach a team into defending and attacking well at the same time. 

This season for me it's obvious how much we need both Khadra and Brereton on the pitch, as they're by far our sharpest two going forward. Sticking with Bucko in the central role of the front three when we didn't look like scoring for a number of games was a big mistake when we still had a cushion to the teams below us on the table.

We've had some harsh results but the air has been out of the balloon, we're not going up.

• Like 1