BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

This is nonsense. The reason we don't get deals over the line is because everything has to be referred back to India and either they move at a snail's pace or start interfering. Nothing to do with Venus. All roads lead back to Venkys sadly.

When Williams was here an overall budget was agreed with the Walker Trust for the season and the manager and Board had complete autonomy within that budget. 

I very much doubt the situation is any different now. I expect it's only when Tony ***** up for the umpteenth time and they go over budget. they have to go back cap in hand for an extra body in or another loan or whatever.

Failure to get deals over the line will be nothing to do with Venky's.

2 hours ago, Gav said:

When are you going to realise that it doesn’t matter who the manager is Rev, that’s been proven time and time again over the past 10yrs.

Well, if they ever appointed a top manager it might.

£280?m "invested" and they still don't appear to have grasped this basic fact yet.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

When Williams was here an overall budget was agreed with the Walker Trust for the season and the manager and Board had complete autonomy within that budget. 

I very much doubt the situation is any different now. I expect it's only when Tony ***** up for the umpteenth time and they go over budget. they have to go back cap in hand for an extra body in or another loan or whatever.

Failure to get deals over the line will be nothing to do with Venky's.

Garbage. If you think that the situation now bears any resemblance to the way the club was run before Venkys turned up then you are deluded. 

48 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

The only thing Venkys have done wrong is being loyal to the gang of three. They should have popped them two years ago. Our supporters are quick to criticise the Venkeys whose only crime is being naive about football. There are far worse owners fat Ashley for one.

I almost agree with that but I would substitute the word "only" with "latest".

The buck stops with them as it's their name over the door. Their overall record since taking over is horrendous.

However I feel the reason for that is placing undue faith in the people they engage to run the Club on their behalf and who win their trust.

They've (eventually) dispensed with numerous of the above in past, I'm at a complete loss to understand why the current miscreants are still in situ.

Perhaps they like lemon drizzle cake.

8 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

So what happened to the "superscout" at Legia Warsaw this year?

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6542130/celtic-john-park-legia-warsaw/

The man is 63.  His pensions adviser must be delighted

This is the perfect 'wind down' job though they are all on it.

Other side of the coin is the longer hes been at it the more experience and contacts we should benefit from.

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Garbage. If you think that the situation now bears any resemblance to the way the club was run before Venkys turned up then you are deluded. 

Insult me all you like but you have no evidence to the contrary do you?

20 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Whoever would have guessed it. We have been looking for a head of recruitment for months and lo and behold when we appoint one he just happens to be an old mate of Mowbray's. The man is untouchable and his power at the club appears to be unlimited.

Got asked by my parents if I fancy a season ticket last night.

I said no chance with Mowbray in charge.

Evidently he's still the man with unlimited power at Ewood.

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

This is the perfect 'wind down' job though they are all on it.

Other side of the coin is the longer hes been at it the more experience and contacts we should benefit from.

Yep, they've done the hard years, millions in the bank, and a nice safe well-paid sinecure with no pressure to perform for a few years before they finally call it a day.

Rovers Retirement Home .... perhaps that's what they had planned for Brockhall

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Insult me all you like but you have no evidence to the contrary do you?

I've no intention of insulting you because you are capable of very sensible posts - but you need to put this insane hatred of Tony Mowbray to one side as it is affecting your judgement.

Evidence ? Well, only the last 10 and a half years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I've no intention of insulting you because you are capable of very sensible posts - but you need to put this insane hatred of Tony Mowbray to one side as it is affecting your judgement.

From what we have been told, Managers/Mowbray go to Pune at the end of each season for a review and to discuss the budgets for the next season. 

It seems all player sales have to be agreed by Venky's and any player purchases above the agreed budget or agreed wage budget have to be approved by Venky's.

Anything within the agreed budget can be approved by those at Ewood. Delays may happen if a cash transfer have to be made by Venky's for the purchase of a player but this delay is purely down to the finance team and international bank transfers.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I cannot see what is insane about a hatred of Tony Mowbray. Over the last couple of years he has earned it.

• Like 4

• Backroom

Let’s be honest how many of the 87 were football manager bedroom hopefuls?

It was pretty predictable however that it would end up being a mate of Mowbray 

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Well, if they ever appointed a top manager it might.

£280?m "invested" and they still don't appear to have grasped this basic fact yet.

They will never appoint a top manger Rev, they came close with Warnock and blew it at the last minute, thats the closest they'll ever get.

Mowbray is just another example in a long line of failures, you've had the same arguments with every manager thats been through the door since the idiots took over, that should tell you something.

Sadly this club has had its heart ripped out, its a shadow of what Jack left us and thats not Mowbrays fault, its not Lamberts fault or Bergs, its Venkys fault, I hope the bastards rot.

1 hour ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Isn't there enough hatred in the world without absurdly feeling it for a football manager who clearly has not earned it.

The bloke has lied and dissembled for years now. He's dragging us down and he should show some decency and bugger off

If the Club is important to you then he's earned it..

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Mowbrays penchant for picking the low hanging fruit has been evident throughout his tenure. Players he has worked with before, players from previous clubs, an assistant manager he has played and managed with, even a CEO. Mowbray likes to be in his comfort zone and retain the autonomy he enjoys as he pretty much does what he wants. He doesn't like being challenged in his megalomaniac world and surrounds himself with sycophants.

I'd be really surprised if there aren't already talks about a new deal for him and Venus.

Agree

As bad as things are here I expect that Mowbray could sort out new deals for him and his 'team' via Waggott without even needing Venky approval to do so.

I think the biggest fear they have is Mowbray beggaring off with his entourage and them being left to find someone else who will dance to their tune and massage their egos whilst running the club however they want it.

15 minutes ago, 47er said:

The bloke has lied and dissembled for years now. He's dragging us down and he should show some decency and bugger off

If the Club is important to you then he's earned it..

He hasn't lied and dissembled. Hatred is something that could be justified for the likes of Brady and Hindley torturing and murdering children - not for playing Sam Gallagher on the wing.

17 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He hasn't lied and dissembled. Hatred is something that could be justified for the likes of Brady and Hindley torturing and murdering children - not for playing Sam Gallagher on the wing.

To tell you my truth, I don't really have hatred for figures from the past, who are having no effect on my life. Mowbray on the other hand !

40 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't really hate him---if he wasn't at Ewood I would never spare him another thought!

More accurate to say I just can't stand him! 

As for bringing Myra Hindley into it---well done! About time she featured on our site!! 🙄

38 minutes ago, rigger said:

To tell you my truth, I don't really have hatred for figures from the past, who are having no effect on my life. Mowbray on the other hand !

Come off it rigger 😇

Edited by Gav