BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

I for one would prefer if my clubs manager didn’t spend the whole summer interviewing 87 candidates for a role individually and rather spent it preparing his squad! So I’m glad it’s been whittled down.

Why advertise in the first place? I agree that a manager shouldn't interview 87 candidates but it seemed pointless to even advertise if they already had someone in mind, and the fact that it strengthens the position of a rubbish manager is infuriating.

Not sure the preparation is particularly going very well to be honest anyway. Mowbray in charge, no signings, and in the only game so far it was essentially a Rovers under 23 side, only Nyambe, Pickering, Travis, Rothwell, Johnson (who got injured) and at a push as fringe players Buckley and Davenport you would think would be in the squad on the opening day. 

• Like 2

I am pretty sure that when Harvey left, the message coming from the club was that it wouldn't affect things this summer.

The following quote suggests that maybe it did cause a road block:

"it’s now full steam ahead to find the players to ensure we have a competitive squad going forward."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am pretty sure that when Harvey left, the message coming from the club was that it wouldn't affect things this summer.

"it’s now full steam ahead to find the players to ensure we have a competitive squad going forward."

They're just playing for time.

Cost of bringing this guy in will be a fraction of the cost of just one transfer in.

They'll already have their excuses ready for the end of the window:

Armstrong saga made it very difficult to plan/not enough time to invest the money recieved

Covid

Only got John Park in mid-July - not enough time to do anything but by January we will be at full steam.

Transfer embargo.

Shuffling deckchairs around on the Titanic.

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are you suggesting that this clubs management structure would blatantly lie to their fan base? 😯

I'd like to be the first to "welcome" all previous Celtic players to BRFC in addition to all the Middlesbrough and Coventry ones currently being "scouted".

Ironically, there are some current Celtic players I would love, BUT I don't think we're shopping in the Edouard, Ajer, Ntcham and Christie market anytime... ever.

5 hours ago, K-Hod said:

At the risk of being pedantic, that’s two separate ‘only things’. 
I can think of quite a few more tbh….

My lord it’s the pedantic police. So so sorry for offending your sharp brain Mr Spock. Live long and prosper. I hope there’s no spelling mistakes. DON’T SHOUT WHEN REPLYING IT’S NOT CURTEOUS.

Granted, his time working alongside Mowbray at Parkhead was hardly memorable. The Blackburn manager is still known for being one of the club’s worst ever managers, with recruitment a key part of that.”

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/report-ex-celtic-scout-john-park-to-become-director-of-football-at-blackburn-rovers/

Let’s keep an open mind. 🥴

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, JohnGo said:

My lord it’s the pedantic police. So so sorry for offending your sharp brain Mr Spock. Live long and prosper. I hope there’s no spelling mistakes. DON’T SHOUT WHEN REPLYING IT’S NOT CURTEOUS.

Don’t worry about it, we all make mistakes….

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Ignoring the only and things issue, even assuming pedantry, what about all the other things people have issue with?

• Like 1

On 15/07/2021 at 14:01, JHRover said:

I'd normally be happy and encouraged with the appointment of a Director of Football.

By its very description a Director of Football should sit at the top of the football structure, be accountable to the owners or board, and have the ability to make changes to playing and coaching staff.

I suspect there's zero prospect of this mon ever looking to get rid of Mowbray and even less chance of the owners taking his advice before Mowbray's.

For that reason alone this is a sham. 

Appointed on Mowbray's say so and unable to do the job as it should be done makes it rather pointless other than to con people into believing things are happening and to bolster Mowbray's position.

Indeed. When Mowbray goes, they all go 

On 15/07/2021 at 15:17, chaddyrovers said:

It appears that John Park will be head of recruitment and not director of football at the club. I don't know whether he will be involved in transfers negotiations but we will see in the future. 

Now going forward it important that Park find the right players for the going forward for the club. I wonder if he has any suggestions for a replacement for Adam Armstrong. 

He has worked in Europe and Scotland so hopefully will have a good range of European contacts. 

I am concern that Mowbray has been involved in selecting process? well no I am as he is the manager here. McCarthy at Cardiff has brought in his own chief scout there in Dave Bowman who has worked with several times before there. Ipswich Town: Dave Bowman joins McCarthy at Cardiff City | East Anglian Daily Times (eadt.co.uk). So @JHRoverwould you have voiced your concerns if McCarthy was here as manager and he brought in Bowman as head of recruitment? 

McCarthy,who you don't like, delivers results and has done so throughout his career, irrelevant of budget. He has nothing to prove anywhere he has managed at this level. 

Anyway, if they go on a 2 wins in 17 run, he will be sacked..

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

22 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Just waiting for the club to announce Mowbray has signed a new contract.

He's clearly still got the ear of Venkys if he can bypass nearly 100 applications and just appoint another one of his mates.

Terrible decisions all round, as usual at Rovers.

Going to be a long season of struggle ahead.

@chaddyrovers

What would your reaction be if/when he gets offered a new deal? 

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

McCarthy,who you don't like, delivers results and has done so throughout his career, irrelevant of budget. He has nothing to prove anywhere he has managed at this level. 

Anyway, if they go on a 2 wins in 17 run, he will be sacked..

He'd be sacked way before game 17! Even Mowbray publicly admitted he couldn't believe he was still in a job. I'm not sure there's another club in the country with owners so disinterested they don't know or care about such a disgusting run of form. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Park isn't coming in as director of football(Mail got that wrong) and but as head of recruitment at Rovers. 

Look at the role/job that Stuart Webber as done at Huddersfield and Norwich City. He appointed Wagner at Huddersfield and Farke at Norwich. So it has had success at those clubs. 

Be honest and answer yes or no ideally 

Do you think this new appointment has any say in sacking the manager? 

You give out about people talking about Mowbray being here or the fact there was no head of recruitment, yet trot out hypotheticals like we have or even will have a proper DOF, over and over again. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Gav said:

When are you going to realise that it doesn’t matter who the manager is Rev, that’s been proven time and time again over the past 10yrs.

It depends on whether or not you think the club can succeed under these owners. If like me you believe the answer to be a firm no, everything else is irrelevant.

They could announce Pep Guardiola as manager tomorrow with Klopp as his number 2 and still balls everything up.

Until Venkys sod off this club will continue to decline, it’s a travesty, we don’t deserve it.

No. They have fucked up before and continue to do so, but they have given Mowbray every chance. Money to spend and time. Very few get in the championship get 1 ,let alone 2 

4 minutes ago, DE. said:

He'd be sacked way before game 17! Even Mowbray publicly admitted he couldn't believe he was still in a job. I'm not sure there's another club in the country with owners so disinterested they don't know or care about such a disgusting run of form. 

Oh I know he would have. I just like using the 2 in 17 for those who are struggling to see the threat here 

1 hour ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Granted, his time working alongside Mowbray at Parkhead was hardly memorable. The Blackburn manager is still known for being one of the club’s worst ever managers, with recruitment a key part of that.”

https://www.67hailhail.com/news/report-ex-celtic-scout-john-park-to-become-director-of-football-at-blackburn-rovers/

Let’s keep an open mind. 🥴

😂

Its all going to work wonderfully!

I also would not suggest Mowbray has learned anything at all. People often post a link that highlights his failings and crazy decisions at Celtic that still ring true at Rovers.

Screenshot_20210716-161423_Chrome.jpg

• Backroom
26 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Oh I know he would have. I just like using the 2 in 17 for those who are struggling to see the threat here 

At this point you have to think anyone who doesn't understand the issue is wilfully ignorant of it. Even the biggest Mowbray fans at the very least went silent during that horrific run, whilst many outright turned on him. Crazy that he's still here, taking pre-season like everything's OK, appointing his mates as usual, already trolling the fanbase with idiotic soundbites. He must wake up every day and thank whatever malevolent deity brought Rovers and Venky's together. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DE. said:

At this point you have to think anyone who doesn't understand the issue is wilfully ignorant of it. Even the biggest Mowbray fans at the very least went silent during that horrific run, whilst many outright turned on him. Crazy that he's still here, taking pre-season like everything's OK, appointing his mates as usual, already trolling the fanbase with idiotic soundbites. He must wake up every day and thank whatever malevolent deity brought Rovers and Venky's together. 

I wonder does he believe there is any chance of him getting the club promoted. Genuinely

• Backroom
4 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

He hasn't lied and dissembled. Hatred is something that could be justified for the likes of Brady and Hindley torturing and murdering children - not for playing Sam Gallagher on the wing.

In the midst of one of the worst losing streaks in club history (having promised play-off contention), Mowbray said that we fans 'need to understand that Shearer and Sutton aren't here any more'.

That's something straight out of Steve Kean's Big Book of Steaming Turds.

• Like 8