BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

John Park head of recruitment

Of course the other very important difference with Souness and Hughes was that for the duration of their tenures they worked under able board members who would have to approve these things and would keep them in check and not allow things to get out of control.

Here however.....

• Like 5

Souness.

Appointed by Uncle Jack and John Williams. 

Lead us to 2nd (promotion - not L1.), 10th and 6th in the Premier League, AND our last major trophy -in his first three full seasons. 

Signed Bellamy, Tugay, Emerton, MGP, Neill, Friedel, Berg, Cole, Yorke, Ferguson.. not to mention the way he improved Duff, Dunn and Jansen.

To compare Souness to Mowbray is blasphemy.

But even as fans we (and he) knew his time was coming to an end at the start of 2004-2005 season. He/we were "fortunate" enough that Newcastle came calling.

Mowbray has outlived his welcome for pushing 2 years now. Yet he surrounds himself with basically bodyguards for his job. 

On a separate note, John Williams is only second behind the sad passing of Jack Walker as the biggest loss to this proud football club.

• Like 9

swag and moggadon are terrified of anything or anyone progressive,it would break up their closed shop,though having lost a couple of his cherubs(bennet and evans) in the summer the dressing room might be a bit more combustible this season,i keep reiterating the only way to get rid of mowbray is to bruise his inflated ego,he`ll then go into "they keep abusing me,why??,they don`t deserve me,im`e off somewhere where they appreciate me mode",he got offended when the telegraph dared to question him on trivial matters last season,400/500 fans getting at him will make him run back to the north east(hopefully)

3 hours ago, JBiz said:

Petulant ? I would call referring back EVERY SINGLE POINT OF DISCUSSION to “Tony Mowbray out” petulant, but then that’s just my opinion.

If this website continues be dominated by the likes of yourself - I’ll quite happily quote you and describe it as a “cess pit”

It depends whether you think the Club can succeed with Mowbray in charge really doesn't it? If like me you don't think that, then unfortunately everything else is virtually irrelevant and we're not going to particularly benefit from the appointment of a new HOR or by signing player X Y or Z. Unfortunately all roads DO lead back to him hence the need to mention it all the time.

If this guy can transform our fortunes with Mowbray in charge then he really will be a genius. However, on the specific area of recruitment, I'd wager that even if he is unbelievable at finding hidden gems there's a fair chance it wouldn't make that much difference because we'd still have Venus trying (and failing) to get the deals over the line and/or Tony giving it  his "You'll have to wait your turn" spiel.

Venus is another Mowbray appointment - all roads lead back to Mowbray sadly.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It depends whether you think the Club can succeed with Mowbray in charge really doesn't it? If like me you don't think that, then unfortunately everything else is virtually irrelevant and we're not going to particularly benefit from the appointment of a new HOR or by signing player X Y or Z. Unfortunately all roads DO lead back to him hence the need to mention it all the time.

When are you going to realise that it doesn’t matter who the manager is Rev, that’s been proven time and time again over the past 10yrs.

It depends on whether or not you think the club can succeed under these owners. If like me you believe the answer to be a firm no, everything else is irrelevant.

They could announce Pep Guardiola as manager tomorrow with Klopp as his number 2 and still balls everything up.

Until Venkys sod off this club will continue to decline, it’s a travesty, we don’t deserve it.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If this guy can transform our fortunes with Mowbray in charge then he really will be a genius. However, on the specific area of recruitment, I'd wager that even if he is unbelievable at finding hidden gems there's a fair chance it wouldn't make that much difference because we'd still have Venus trying (and failing) to get the deals over the line and/or Tony giving it  his "You'll have to wait your turn" spiel.

This is nonsense. The reason we don't get deals over the line is because everything has to be referred back to India and either they move at a snail's pace or start interfering. Nothing to do with Venus. All roads lead back to Venkys sadly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

At the end of the day all roads lead back to Venkys just have they have for the past decade.  Every decision they have made has taken us further and further away from where we want and need to be.  If the owners were unhappy with Mowbray they would get rid of him.  Clearly, as he is still here they are content for him to continue.  

Edited by Parsonblue
  • Like 5

18 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Out of work for 4 years after a career spent solely in Scotland.

Ex Hibs and Celtic .... during Mowbrays didaster

This is probably the most damning aspect of the appointment. I bet he can’t believe his luck.

Tony’s chumocracy of talentless deadbeats who can’t get jobs anywhere ellse. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gav said:

When are you going to realise that it doesn’t matter who the manager is Rev, that’s been proven time and time again over the past 10yrs.

It depends on whether or not you think the club can succeed under these owners. If like me you believe the answer to be a firm no, everything else is irrelevant.

They could announce Pep Guardiola as manager tomorrow with Klopp as his number 2 and still balls everything up.

Until Vendys sod off this club will continue to decline, it’s a travesty, we don’t deserve it.

The only thing Venkys have done wrong is being loyal to the gang of three. They should have popped them two years ago. Our supporters are quick to criticise the Venkeys whose only crime is being naive about football. There are far worse owners fat Ashley for one.

14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

This is probably the most damning aspect of the appointment. I bet he can’t believe his luck.

Tony’s chumocracy of talentless deadbeats who can’t get jobs anywhere ellse. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/blackburn-rovers-park-transfers-history-21061226

Park was attributed with the captures of several Celtic sensations through the years and their success over the past decade - with nine consecutive league titles - was aided by his ability to recognise talent.

Moussa Dembele

Virgil Van Dijk

Teemu Pukki

Victor Wanyama

Scott Brown

Fraser Forster

Ki Sung-Yeung

Gary Hooper

Scott Sinclair

Leigh Griffiths

Dedryck Boyata

Tom Rogic

Thats side would get promoted from The Championship no problem 👍 

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Just seen Mowbray's interview in the LT from a while back regarding the recruitment process for the Head of Recruitment.

Basically came across as he couldn't be arsed speaking to all of the candidates so before he got involved he let others whittle the numbers down to make things look good then he just steps in and appoints someone he knows.

I for one would prefer if my clubs manager didn’t spend the whole summer interviewing 87 candidates for a role individually and rather spent it preparing his squad! So I’m glad it’s been whittled down.

• Moderation Lead
22 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

The only thing Venkys have done wrong is being loyal to the gang of three. They should have popped them two years ago. Our supporters are quick to criticise the Venkeys whose only crime is being naive about football. There are far worse owners fat Ashley for one.

At the risk of being pedantic, that’s two separate ‘only things’. 
I can think of quite a few more tbh….

• Like 8

My biggest issue with the appointment isn't that he has worked with Mowbray before as most people in football bring in people they have worked with before. The issue is that he prefers scouts and is not versed and does not agree with data analysis.

So are we now dismantling the analysis team we have spent the past 2 years building up and is starting to show returns.

If we look at Barnsley, Brentford and Norwich they appointed DOF and Head of Recruitments that eat and breathe data analysis and are very versed in modern data analysis techniques. Our new chap isn't but our old chap was.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

Of course the other very important difference with Souness and Hughes was that for the duration of their tenures they worked under able board members who would have to approve these things and would keep them in check and not allow things to get out of control.

Here however.....

They came with clear remits from the board as well.

What is Mowbrays ? He had one once and that was stay up but didn't manage it. Then presumably it was promotion or bust at the first attempt and he got us over the line.

Since then though he's just setting his own agendas and altering them when he feels like it.

26 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Ashley's only issue is that he has run the club as a business. They are profitable most years, he paid off all of their debts in the first 2 years of ownership and the club has a board of directors and is generally well run.

Newcastle supporters generally don't like him as he sacked Kevin Keagan and also won't the cash on players that other clubs will as well as naming rights etc..

He is the other extreme of Venky's really, involved and running the club as a business. I really don't understand any other billionaire in sports who run things as Venky's do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, phili said:

My biggest issue with the appointment isn't that he has worked with Mowbray before as most people in football bring in people they have worked with before. The issue is that he prefers scouts and is not versed and does not agree with data analysis.

So are we now dismantling the analysis team we have spent the past 2 years building up and is starting to show returns.

If we look at Barnsley, Brentford and Norwich they appointed DOF and Head of Recruitments that eat and breathe data analysis and are very versed in modern data analysis techniques. Our new chap isn't but our old chap was.

As odd as spending loads of time and money setting up a Euro scouting network post Brexit.  Knowing the potential pitfalls ahead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Until Venkys sod off this club will continue to decline, it’s a travesty, we don’t deserve it.

Absolute nonsense Gav.

What have they done since relegation to the 1st Division that would cause a half competent manager to fail?

32 minutes ago, JohnGo said:

Only crime....

I'd howl with laughter at that normally but i think you are actually serious FFS.

They've been here a decade now and look at the state of it. How many times do successful business people make the same mistakes over and over ?

They are still following the same advice lines they did at the beginning through sheer ignorance. It's just the characters have changed for the umpteenth time and they've finally found a set cheaper and easier to control than the others.

People can shove the naive line where the sun doesn't shine i'm afraid.  They are willfully ignorant and arrogant. It tends to go hand in hand with such vast and easy wealth.

• Like 3