BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby (a) - 30/10/2021

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Derbys 5 game unbeaten run comes to an end.... Massive three points away.

The toughest game of the season beckons...

Adarabayo was sent off so he will miss the tie.

Sheff U lost 1-0 home to Blackpool.

Obviously bottled it - didn't fancy coming to Fortress Ewood to face the boo boys. 

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Derbys 5 game unbeaten run comes to an end.... Massive three points away.

The toughest game of the season beckons...

Adarabayo was sent off so he will miss the tie.

Sheff U lost 1-0 home to Blackpool.

Mitrovic is going to love it if Tony decides on a formation of 0-1-9 again.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is this our best start to a season sine we went down from the PL?

Not sure, I think it was before the Reading game (might have been after though) that the stat said our points tally was I think a point less than last season's. 2 wins in a row might be enough to have switched us to best start since going down though, maybe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Subs went wrong. Would had put Davenport on today instead of Poveda. We rode our luck.

True, if you're going to sit back and shore up, as the plan clearly was, 4-3-3 is hardly the formation for it. Might as well take an attacker off for a defensive mid if that's the 'strategy'.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Only saw the second half - sounds like I missed the good bit of the game..!

Most encouraging thing was Van Hecke and Edun both look defensively solid.

Poveda is absolutely atrocious. Surely Butterworth would be a better bet? Or give McBride a whirl?

Neither were named on the bench. Poveda or JRC were the only attacking options. Would have rather seen JRC. Poveda hasn't been anywhere near good enough so far.

Good win, and possibly as good a demonstration as you could get as to the current state of Rovers.

First half, brilliant. Should have been 4 or 5 up. Brereton with 2 goals, should have done better with another good chance and very typically unorthodox and clumsy but effective at the same time. Dolan fairly quiet today, as was Rothwell really. Gallagher is generally a really poor player, he is (aside from height at set pieces) useless when we are winning because he loses the ball basically every time, horrendous touch, can't hold the ball up, and it just keeps coming back. Yet he isn't a total write off, when we are on top early in games, he is a real nuisance, full of running power, he isn't a good finisher but he will chip in, such a strange player.

I thought the change to bring Johnson in by the manager was a wise one and he did give us some stability and allowed Travis off the leash somewhat, I am not convinced that Travis suits being the deepest midfielder because he can be a bit ill disciplined and chaotic. Edun I like, I feel like the 2 signings in the summer have turned left back from a position of worry where we had Bell who could barely control a ball and Douglas who was forever out of position to 2 good technical and trustworthy options. The 2 centre backs put their body on the line although both were guilty of being drawn out once too often, Ayala is a miss. Buckley is blatantly not a right back, tried his best and good assist but an obvious weak point throughout, and Kaminski made a couple of comfortable saves, helpless for the goal and poor again with his kicking.

The game management needs to improve, total chaos in the end, and a lack of experience and also of depth in the squad makes it really difficult. Poveda and Khadra were signed purely because they are cheap and you can see that, both are so inexperienced, Khadra cost us the free kick for the first goal with a stupid foul, it was a hectic game to come in to and I am not sure that any of the other subs would have helped either.

Fair play to Mowbray too, this squad is not the 7th best so he is getting a decent tune out of it, but that outlook could look different at the end of the week. Lives and dies by his results, we won today so that is the most important thing.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Good win, and possibly as good a demonstration as you could get as to the current state of Rovers.

First half, brilliant. Should have been 4 or 5 up. Brereton with 2 goals, should have done better with another good chance and very typically unorthodox and clumsy but effective at the same time. Dolan fairly quiet today, as was Rothwell really. Gallagher is generally a really poor player, he is (aside from height at set pieces) useless when we are winning because he loses the ball basically every time, horrendous touch, can't hold the ball up, and it just keeps coming back. Yet he isn't a total write off, when we are on top early in games, he is a real nuisance, full of running power, he isn't a good finisher but he will chip in, such a strange player.

I thought the change to bring Johnson in by the manager was a wise one and he did give us some stability and allowed Travis off the leash somewhat, I am not convinced that Travis suits being the deepest midfielder because he can be a bit ill disciplined and chaotic. Edun I like, I feel like the 2 signings in the summer have turned left back from a position of worry where we had Bell who could barely control a ball and Douglas who was forever out of position to 2 good technical and trustworthy options. The 2 centre backs put their body on the line although both were guilty of being drawn out once too often, Ayala is a miss. Buckley is blatantly not a right back, tried his best and good assist but an obvious weak point throughout, and Kaminski made a couple of comfortable saves, helpless for the goal and poor again with his kicking.

The game management needs to improve, total chaos in the end, and a lack of experience and also of depth in the squad makes it really difficult. Poveda and Khadra were signed purely because they are cheap and you can see that, both are so inexperienced, Khadra cost us the free kick for the first goal with a stupid foul, it was a hectic game to come in to and I am not sure that any of the other subs would have helped either.

Fair play to Mowbray too, this squad is not the 7th best so he is getting a decent tune out of it, but that outlook could look different at the end of the week. Lives and dies by his results, we won today so that is the most important thing.

I wouldn’t give the gaffer too much credit for bringing Johnson on. With Naymbe out and JRC not fit he had no choice but to play Buckley at right back. It was either Clarkson or Johnson to play central. I’ll give home credit for not choosing Clarkson as he’s looked out of his depth…now that I type that wonder why he didn’t fancy Clarkson 

Delighted with the win against Derby. We deserved it overall after the 1st half display where we should have been 4 or 5 nil. 

Brereton Diaz does what he does best and scored 2. Delighted for him. 

Poor second half display. It's keep happening which is unacceptable..

Why not take Johnson off after 75 mins? 

Poveda shouldn't have come on. JRC should have come on. 

But it's 3 points and we are 7th in the league  

COYB🔵

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3