BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

That’s the biggest defeat in my lifetime watching Rovers. No guts, no passion, no style, no quality, no desire and no hope.

Venkys are poison and I want rid of them more than ever after this. If Mowbray doesn’t go tonight, that’s got to be the end for even the remaking 9,000 hardy souls. It’s a new low for the club and something drastic needs to be done.

Allardyce was sacked after a hammering at Old Trafford. This was Fulham at home. Mowbray out NOW.

• Like 5

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Mr. E said:

Bigger chance they'll find little green men on the moon tomorrow. "Plenty of positives, their second should have been offside, individual mistakes, we'll take it on the chin" etc etc everyone knows the usual garbage train. Mowbray and Venkys have absolutely not the slightest notions that the club and the supporters are worth something.

"We're still only two points off the playoffs - or so I'm told, I don't look at the league table. We'll dust ourselves off and go again on Saturday. To be honest you can pin the entire blame for that defeat on Joe, after his mistake at the beginning there was no coming back. Not very good, is he?"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

For the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to his post match bullshit.

I'll regret that shortly, no doubts

Don’t do it to yourself fella. ‘The sending off changed everything. We were just starting to creep back into it.’

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Let's not forget that Jan Paul van Hecke, Khadra, Poveda and Clarkson will return to their respective clubs toughened up and with some first team experience, ready to offer more to their clubs - it's not all negative!

Fulham were always going to far superior to us, so we needed to play with men behind the ball, rather than go in with three forwards. I say that in hindsight but I think most of us knew this beforehand.

I don't see Mowbray going. He has the excuse that Fulham are one of the best teams in the league.

Edited by riverholmes

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Where to start with that..... can't even remember a 5 goal defeat at home in 51 years of watching us let alone 6 or 7.

Mowbray should have been sacked early 2019 we've been going backwards ever since, this is what you get when you leave a lame duck manager in situ and with the better players set to walk out for nothing soon  to boot.

This result might be a blessing in disguise.....it will look extremely odd if Venky's don't act now.

In my time supporting rovers (1989) I can't ever remember a hammering like that before. Did arsenal beat us 5-2 in the early 90s when we had 10 men. 

Absolutely disgusting performance tonight. No further comment 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

Let's not forget that Jan Paul van Hecke, Khadra, Poveda and Clarkson will return to their respective clubs toughened up and with some first team experience, ready to offer more to their clubs - it's not all negative!

Fulham were always going to far superior to us, so we needed to play with men behind the ball, rather than go in with three forwards. I say that in hindsight but I think most of us knew this beforehand.

Loans are a mess this year 

• Like 1

10 men is no excuse for this, though that will be mentioned by Mowbray post match. That was a disgrace, live on Sky too. It's just one embarrassment after another under this regime. Whatever records we have left, worst losing streak, heaviest home defeat, away defeat,  you name it, they will be broken under these pillocks.

Take the hint, Balaji. 11 years of embarrassment and counting. No matter who you appoint and trust, the embarrassment goes on. Take the hint and F.O!!

Mowbray is the only manager in English football who will not be sacked following a 7-0 defeat.

1 minute ago, riverholmes said:

That in itself is a shocking place to be…scared to attack Fulham at home because they’re too good for us? We’re Blackburn Rovers ffs. Fulham aren’t in the same universe in terms of history and impact on the English game.

Standards have been beaten down so far it’s unbelievable.

Worst ever home defeat, on top of years of stagnation would see the manager sent on his way at any averagely run club. As it is, I expect him to still be here come May.

Tickets for Saturday could be 14.6p and we still won’t get anyone on.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

We conceded 6 or 7 to Arsenal and United a few times

Shrewsbury beat us 7 1 and  Alf Wood I think scored a bunch What a disgrace tonight. At least the pitch looks better. Maybe we should be playing o a sand bog like Derby did. Mowbray will have to go (but he won't as an honourable man he we keep us at 18rh)

14 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Surely, surely even the happy clappers can't go along with this?

You have no idea

Some older woman came up to me to tell me "he only had 6 fit players on monday, he is doing a good job," because i was loudly slagging off Mowbray

they are simply not in reality

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 5

I don’t think Tony is anywhere near as bad as most of you make him out to be. However he got it spectacularly wrong tonight and I think even Venkys will be hurt by this. Will he get sacked? Probably not, but his chances of a new contract probably took a real hit after this.

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Where to start with that..... can't even remember a 5 goal defeat at home in 51 years of watching us let alone 6 or 7.

Mowbray should have been sacked early 2019 we've been going backwards ever since, this is what you get when you leave a lame duck manager in situ and with the better players set to walk out for nothing soon  to boot.

This result might be a blessing in disguise.....it will look extremely odd if Venky's don't act now.

I was trying to remember worst home defeats I’d seen. 0-4 to Swindon in the cup in ‘71 (the team were booed ON for the second half!) 2-5 vs Coventry first season in the PL, but nothing like this.

3 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

I don’t think Tony is anywhere near as bad as most of you make him out to be. However he got it spectacularly wrong tonight and I think even Venkys will be hurt by this. Will he get sacked? Probably not, but his chances of a new contract probably took a real hit after this.

Worst home defeat in the history in the club and people still cant work it out ...

Maybe we deserve this nightmare

Edited by CambridgeRover
  • Like 2