BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Fulham (h) - 3/11/2021

43 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

he actually looks relieved and pleased at the beginning as if he knows that's the end off the road for him and he's going to get sacked with a little golden handshake. https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/12459343/mowbray-we-suffered-tonight useless bs merchant

(prob just wishful thinking on my part!)

298120824_ScreenShot2021-11-03at23_36_13.png.ffd7f9202349676055d0d0b669113ad5.png

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

First bit, suspect he feels fairly untouchable until his contract expires unless it looks like we're going down.

Second bit, agree he doesn't give a flying fuck, probably because he knows he won't be here next season irrespective of tonight.

At least could have apologised to the fans for the worst defeat in the Club's history though.

I watched his Sky interview and he was full of contrition to be fair.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

he actually looks relieved and pleased at the beginning as if he knows that's the end off the road for him and he's going to get sacked with a little golden handshake. https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/teams/blackburn-rovers/12459343/mowbray-we-suffered-tonight useless bs merchant

I'm more worrying that he looked relaxed throughout it...because he feels safe as houses.

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mellelieu said:

I watched his Sky interview and he was full of contrition to be fair.  

I didn't get contrition, it came across to me that he couldn't care less, business as usual, these things happen. About as much contrition as getting a drubbing on...

5de6658946177c5f23698932_20_.jpg.8d816e0ca99c3c7c2bc950f82056c534.jpg

• Like 7

Just now, Waggy76 said:

Should have been sacked before the final whistle , never mind doing a press conference for Sky...

I remember signore Roy leaving Ewood in tears after uncle Jack binned him. Was it a two nil loss to Southampton that did it? 

There's no way Jack wouldn't had any time for Tony Mowbray in the first place, but undoubtedly he would've binned him as soon as he got off the pitch

• Like 7

1 minute ago, broadsword said:

I remember signore Roy leaving Ewood in tears after uncle Jack binned him. Was it a two nil loss to Southampton that did it? 

There's no way Jack wouldn't had any time for Tony Mowbray in the first place, but undoubtedly he would've binned him as soon as he got off the pitch

Southampton or Coventry ...You are right though ...

• Like 1

Don't know how I could stomach it but just watched the goals again, and Edun was allowed to be so far out of position so many times, he was at inside left or playing next to Nyabe, more than he was at left-back. 

Please look at their 4th goal for evidence, tho I'm basing my comments on watching him for 90 minutes, and no-one on or off the pitch (except the ref) said a word of criticism or encouragement to him throughout 90 minutes. He was allowed to roam wherever he desired, when he should have been marking the best wide player in the division. 

I was worried for his mental health from the 5th goal onwards, and that's why the ref had a word with him. 

Mowbray seemed more than happy with his performance, in terms of encouragement or motivation. 

This was all somewhat lost as the rest if the ineptitude distracted from the Edun debacle. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

After a decade of decline under these clowns who own us they have now given me the most embarrassing night in 60 years of watching Blackburn Rovers.  The saddest thing of all is that I really don't care anymore. 

Knowing your interest in Rovers and your passion,that heartfelt statement frightens the life out of me.

This once proud Club is going to Hell on a Handcart.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The biggest home defeat in 146 years - WOW.

To be honest, that result, the body langauge of most of the players and the manager's post match interview are a perfect reflection of the club at this point in time. This has been coming.

The club is like someone with massive personal problems who manages to hold down a steady job and kid the world that everything is OK but their family know the real situation. We are mid table but that is just papering over the cracks. We all know how bad it is.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Are any of the out of contract players going to want to stay? Even if we ditch Mowbray, we still have Venky's at the helm. Does the CEO have the best interests of the club at heart?

It's like the band playing while the Titanic sank, Nero fiddling while Rome burned, Rovers supporters watching on while the club dies. 

It's time for fan action. Join the boycott - let the owners know that enough is enough.

11 years of neglect have culminated in the worst result EVER at Ewood.

It's time for action. Venky's out. Let them know what we think.

RECLAIM THE ROVERS.

Agree, where is the Rovers Trust etc, should be on sky calling for his head etc....we never seem to have much fan PR...What does the trust actually do? Should be time to get some action 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The biggest home defeat in 146 years - WOW.

To be honest, that result, the body langauge of most of the players and the manager's post match interview are a perfect reflection of the club at this point in time. This has been coming.

The club is like someone with massive personal problems who manages to hold down a steady job and kid the world that everything is OK but their family know the real situation. We are mid table but that is just papering over the cracks. We all know how bad it is.

It's going to get worse before it gets better. Are any of the out of contract players going to want to stay? Even if we ditch Mowbray, we still have Venky's at the helm. Does the CEO have the best interests of the club at heart?

It's like the band playing while the Titanic sank, Nero fiddling while Rome burned, Rovers supporters watching on while the club dies. 

It's time for fan action. Join the boycott - let the owners know that enough is enough.

11 years of neglect have culminated in the worst result EVER at Ewood.

It's time for action. Venky's out. Let them know what we think.

RECLAIM THE ROVERS.

How can you let them know what you think if you're not in the ground?

Agree wholeheartedly with the rest.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Agree, where is the Rovers Trust etc, should be on sky calling for his head etc....we never seem to have much fan PR...What does the trust actually do? Should be time to get some action 

I really think the tide will turn now. Why we have put up with the situation for so long is beyond me.

Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues, BRAG, all Rovers fans, need to re-energise. Our club is in peril and has been for years,

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

The idea is that nobody is in the ground - that should send a message all the way to Pune.

I’m afraid the message they would get is, time to pull the plug and cut their losses. 

We aren’t dealing with people who have any emotional attachment whatsoever to the club. It’s simply a business to them, and a business losing millions, at that. 

When they turn out the lights, I’m sure they will say something like, “we regret to end our relationship with this fine old club, but in light of dwindling attendance and lack of community interest, we had no choice…” 

• Like 4