BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m still hoping Butterworth will come good.

He looked really good when he came on. There were a couple of decisions that were wrong but that will come good with more game time. I’ve seen him for the u23s and he’s stepped up a level. His shot really deserved a goal.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

They are looking more than comfortable at Championship level, whilst you definitely said that wouldnt be the case with Buckley.

Before you suggest like others(that im desperate to be proven right or think im always right) i have been wrong myself with Rothwell although i always felt he had talent i had lost faith that we would ever see the consistency ,assists and goals that we are seeing now and i couldnt be more happy to be wrong 

Same here lah 👍

22 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

He looked really good when he came on. There were a couple of decisions that were wrong but that will come good with more game time. I’ve seen him for the u23s and he’s stepped up a level. His shot really deserved a goal.

He's someone who would greatly benefit from going out on loan and get game time. Too old to play U23, and doesn't really look motivated when he plays there either. There is potential there, but the decision making needs to improve. Moving away on loan, getting some stick from senior players for not passing the ball would do him a world of good. 

A loan is probably depending on us getting in some new players, as attacking-wise we're quite thin on the bench.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’m still hoping Butterworth will come good.

I feel he has the attributes to be a useful sub. He has some pace, trickery and a powerful long range shot. Problem is, he can't get on the bench because Clarkson and Dolan are ahead of him in the attacking sub roles, ordinarily. I'd like to see more of Clarkson too, if he's going to be on the bench. Even more so if he's here for the whole season, which seems to be the case, unless the clubs have an agreement to terminate the deal early.

He's appeared for Liverpool's first team, so he must have something about him and he was previously thrown into the Rovers team in a time of instability, with formation and personnel changes virtually every match. Moreover, he's on our bench every match.

Believe Rovers are in the mix for loaning Rhys Williams from Liverpool, currently on loan at Swansea and is not happy as not getting much game time.

Hope it’s not because we are selling anyone or Van Heck going back to Brighton but us,Preston and others want him.

1 minute ago, unsall said:

Believe Rovers are in the mix for loaning Rhys Williams from Liverpool, currently on loan at Swansea and is not happy as not getting much game time.

Hope it’s not because we are selling anyone or Van Heck going back to Brighton but us,Preston and others want him.

god, that's worrying. can't imagine why we'd be looking at centre backs if we weren't pulling our collars over the fear of van hecke heading back to brighton. let's hope it's just a worst case scenario safety measure so we're fully prepared for all eventualities.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, J*B said:

Sat at home this evening wondering what can go wrong here, with January on the horizon…

Keeper - Kaminski is number one and Pears has proven himself as a good number two. We’ll be unlucky to get two serious injuries at the same time to both.

Right Wing Back - Nyambe first choice. JRC is a suitable second choice but he can’t stay fit. Do we have a back up, back up? 

Centre Back - Seems like Lenihan, Van Hecke and Wharton are preferred. Ayala and Carter as back up. Feels like five is safe for three positions? Johnson as emergency sixth. 

Left Wing Back - Pickering first choice, Edun looks like he’s second choice although it seems he either isn’t vaccinated or currently has COVID which could be a longer term issue. 

CM - Buckley, Rothwell, Travis. I’m not sure we have anyone that can adequately fill in for Buckley or Rothwell, Davenport can do the Travis role. Saying that, Dack might be able to do the Buckley role if he can get over two ACLs. Clarkson can’t get a game. I think I prefer Johnson as a CB.

RF - Khadra first choice. Poveda was second but is out for the season. Assume Dolan is second choice. 

LF - Brereton Diaz, Gallagher.

I think we need a RWB, RF, Rothwell cover and not to sell Diaz here…

Id say, don’t sell anyone and go get us a RWB and a forward on loan. Job done.

Fwiw I think that Dack and Butterworth will fight it out for the false 9 position and Buckley will fight Rothwell for that spot next to Trav. Great options 👍🏼

1 minute ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Are van hecke and Khedra achievable targets?

What do people think it would cost to sign them?

Couple of mill each with a high sell on fee??

And potentially their signings would break the newly introduced 'wage structure'. Rovers have to be careful not to paint themselves into corner here.

4 hours ago, nbdelboy said:

god, that's worrying. can't imagine why we'd be looking at centre backs if we weren't pulling our collars over the fear of van hecke heading back to brighton. let's hope it's just a worst case scenario safety measure so we're fully prepared for all eventualities.

You have also got to ask, why isn't he getting game time at Swansea ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Are van hecke and Khedra achievable targets?

What do people think it would cost to sign them?

Couple of mill each with a high sell on fee??

As a starting bid to Brighton I would give them Diaz, for 15 million, plus Van hecke and Khadra. No sell on clauses either way, and they loan Diaz back to us for the rest of this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Personally would be putting everything into signing up Rothwell and Khedra.. although seems unlikely...

Think CB and Nyambe are relatively easy to replace.. I did say relatively.. but Rothwell and Khedra would be almost impossible to replace at our level 

Well I don't want to lose Nyambe. I thought he was terrific yesterday and this line-up suits him fine.

It was always said he looks good coming forward but "there's no end product". Not so yesterday, made the first goal for a start and had a stand-out game. Pay him!

• Like 6

On 30/11/2021 at 10:59, Bigdoggsteel said:

Lenihan isn't that tall a centre half I wouldn't say. It says 6 1 online but he looks about 6 foot to me. If you can defend and read the game it doesn't really matter. Although it is good to have one guy Ayala's size in the championship for defending throws and set piece

Currently at 19th December. 

I can only assume the alleged option on the BBD and Kaminski contracts would have a deadline, otherwise this would surely stop them signing pre contracts with overseas clubs?

There has been no breakthrough, so we need to get these activitied, in the next week, surely?

4 hours ago, Beanie01289 said:

Shame we didn't have the Manc makele today he's so obviously ahead of the three we have that are bossing it atm

Baiting - banned. I said I’d do this, stop doing it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well I don't want to lose Nyambe. I thought he was terrific yesterday and this line-up suits him fine.

It was always said he looks good coming forward but "there's no end product". Not so yesterday, made the first goal for a start and had a stand-out game. Pay him!

The keeper really should have held Nyambe's cross. Did he pick anyone out? No. To use that as an argument about end product really does not hold up too well

This group of players clearly have a strong bond and they all of seem to get on and support each other. I love the way they celebrate together at the end of games.

I’d be inclined to make no signings in January. It’s not worth rocking the boat, keep things as they are.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

Baiting - banned. I said I’d do this, stop doing it. 

But saying someone is “nowhere near as good as my 15 year olds” is just an opinion and not in anyway a inflammatory….!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JBiz said:

But saying someone is “nowhere near as good as my 15 year olds” is just an opinion and not in anyway a inflammatory….!

And any opinion can be challenged tbf Biz 

We all know it’s absolute nonsense. You can only judge an opinion on who it has come from and form tells us he couldn’t spot a player to save his life. 
Whether it is saying Mols is better than Buckley, or Dolan is no good, or a 15 year old is better than Clarkson, we might try and justify that madness with being on the wind up but the reality might just be that the football knowledge just isn’t there. 

If you put forward such outlandish opinions you simply have to accept they’ll be dismissed as a nonsense. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The keeper really should have held Nyambe's cross. Did he pick anyone out? No. To use that as an argument about end product really does not hold up too well

Disagree. That wasn't his only up-front involvement anyway.