BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer window 2022

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We are second in the league Venkys...where the fcuk are you financially when we have such a massive opportunity before us?

Not happy one bit he's been allowed to leave.

I'd probably say this one most likely isn't on Venkys. Sounds to me as though it's TM that has had the final say and Venkys initially didn't want to sell to anyone, especially Bournemouth, but TM has talked them round. 

There will be money spent tomorrow. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Madon said:

I'd probably say this one most likely isn't on Venkys. Sounds to me as though it's TM that has had the final say and Venkys initially didn't want to sell to anyone, especially Bournemouth, but TM has talked them round. 

Assombalonga ? 😀

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We are second in the league Venkys...where the fcuk are you financially when we have such a massive opportunity before us?

Not happy one bit he's been allowed to leave.

I seem to remember he did something like this at oxford to come here so has form, it is better to get rid if he wants away could do more damage if we made him stay here

Edited by had.e.nuff

14 minutes ago, Madon said:

I don’t like it, madness to sell at this stage and especially to a rival, but I trust Mowbray.

The manager and players have been brilliant this season, interesting day to come tomorrow. 

I don't think Mowbray has ever rated Rothwell as highly as some of us do. Doesn't make it any less infuriating that we are losing him to Bournemouth, but I'm trusting Mowbray on this one as I believe he has a plan. Let's see who he brings in. Hopefully things look brighter by this time tomorrow.

Giles, Freeman and Ejaria would do nicely, or at least two of the three.

• Like 2

Think tomorrow will be busy but I'm hoping some quality is coming in not all kids on loan 

Freeman would be a good signing if that's true but need someone more dynamic to replace Rothwell 

Giles for me would be a quality loan addition until Pickering is back he solves the wb problem and be a fight then between those 2 for the shirt if Giles performs whilst Pickering is out

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The man who has us 2nd in the table is a "twat" that youd drive to a promotion rival for free? Deary me.

Well, yes, apologies for the profanity but that doesn't change my view on it one iota. I'm beyond incandescent.

It would be bad enough selling to your main promotion rivals in itself but when your sat 2nd in the table for the first time in a decade and the manager who should be fighting tooth and nail to keep the side together seemingly has  talked the owners who didn't want to sell into a sale..............

If a Burnley fan was trying to write a sitcom taking the piss out of Rovers he simply  couldn't top that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, booth said:

I think Bournemouth's strategy is to just buy every midfielder on offer so no one else can.

Panicking as the likes of us and QPR are a real threat to stealing the #2 spot.

If Rothwell indeed makes the switch to Bournemouth, I hope they continue to falter this season and he stays down in the Championship with them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I think Bournemouth's strategy is to just buy every midfielder on offer so no one else can.

Did they buy Dembele as well?

Good window for them. Meanwhile we're scratching around with a loan or two and a couple of cheap punts.

Could all change tomorrow of course but based on past performance I'm not hopeful.

• Like 1

If you’re looking for someone to blame for this, I have somebody. 

Jean Marc Bosman.

Before he got involved we could have put Rothwell into the reserves, made him train with the kids for the rest of his career, or until he straightened his head out.🙂

Edited by den
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Miker said:

Panicking as the likes of us and QPR are a real threat to stealing the #2 spot.

If Rothwell indeed makes the switch to Bournemouth, I hope they continue to falter this season and he stays down in the Championship with them.

Then end up selling him to any old dossers when an embargo is approaching. Their wage bill and squad size is ridiculous.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I don't think Mowbray has ever rated Rothwell as highly as some of us do. Doesn't make it any less infuriating that we are losing him to Bournemouth, but I'm trusting Mowbray on this one as I believe he has a plan. Let's see who he brings in. Hopefully things look brighter by this time tomorrow.

Giles, Freeman and Ejaria would do nicely, or at least two of the three.

I hope he does have a plan.

Venkys were prepared to sacrifice 3 million plus to keep him until the end of the season.

Mind you Scott Parker spent a ton at Fulham and it did  not help him stop Fulham getting relegated. 

Hopefully Bournemouth will get the anonymous Rothwell we witnessed in the first few seasons of his contract.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Good window for them. Meanwhile we're scratching around with a loan or two and a couple of cheap punts.

Could all change tomorrow of course but based on past performance I'm not hopeful.

They've had a fee agreed, he'll be there for talks at the same time as Rothwell I imagine. £1.5m apparently.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Fee agreed apparently but he hasn't officially moved yet. 2 days ago Birmingham were said to be making their third bid for him, 1.5 mill. Article same day said Birmingham's bid was higher than Bournemouth's, but the player wasn't interested. So although theyve presumably made a higher bid since, it sounds like they're not paying much given how highly he seems to be rather.

Also may be a case of Bournemouth making lower bids than other clubs were willing to make, to get star players from teams who have a lot on the line.