BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

2 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Preston 'fans' have apparently gone all Burnley and smashed the Darwen End Toilets up in a fit of pique.

Sad b'stards.

Coventry fans did the same a few weeks ago.   Rovers charged them and this damage will cost PKE.  Pillocks.

• Like 1

Did anyone see the PKE fans being chucked out of a box in the BBE?  Jumping up and down wearing PKE shirts and winding up the Rovers fans in the BBE Lower.

They looked like right drunken tossers.  I hope they did not hang round afterwards 😂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bad Boy said:

Did anyone see the PKE fans being chucked out of a box in the BBE?  Jumping up and down wearing PKE shirts and winding up the Rovers fans in the BBE Lower.

They looked like right drunken tossers.  I hope they did not hang round afterwards 😂

Wondered what the commotion in the BBE was all about.

• Like 2

Great result in the end. If Stoke lose tommorrow there's a bit of a gap developing between us and, dare I say it, 'the chasing pack'.

At this point I would be offering contracts with a few conditions,  if we get promoted there's a hefty increase in salary- a bit of a carrot to stay and get us up.. And if we don't go up, their wage has been bumped up a fair bit, but there's a release fee in their contracts so any would be suitor can offer market value and take them off our hands...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Soaked to the skin in the airport waiting to go home, re living in my head today's game. 

It was a tense game 2 teams cancelled each other out for the majority of it. It took a bit of Chilean magic to get the points. 

This team are playing with a level of maturity way above their tender years. They are certainly not the best technically to ever wear the famous blue and white but by god they don't half put a shift in. Credit to our manager for this. 

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points and to get one over the nobbers. I was walking down the Bolton road after the game and the walkers in a box chant was loud and clear from them. 

Over and out now. Thats my last game until boro end of jan. Enjoy your Saturday folks. 

Ps, that was the best crowd I have seen in a long time. From were I was JW stand and BBE end lower looked full

What a cracking post.  Safe travels.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Roverinbelfast said:

Soaked to the skin in the airport waiting to go home, re living in my head today's game. 

It was a tense game 2 teams cancelled each other out for the majority of it. It took a bit of Chilean magic to get the points. 

This team are playing with a level of maturity way above their tender years. They are certainly not the best technically to ever wear the famous blue and white but by god they don't half put a shift in. Credit to our manager for this. 

Absolutely delighted with the 3 points and to get one over the nobbers. I was walking down the Bolton road after the game and the walkers in a box chant was loud and clear from them. 

Over and out now. Thats my last game until boro end of jan. Enjoy your Saturday folks. 

Ps, that was the best crowd I have seen in a long time. From were I was JW stand and BBE end lower looked full

Thank you for your support...safe journey our blue n white brother!

• Like 2

Well, I've given criticism when it's due so I'll give praise where it's also due as it's only fair...

Tip my cap to Tony Mowbray, well done fella. My main gripe is that he's never seemingly got consistently the best out of his team, especially the back 4, at the moment he's definitely getting the best out of them. Lennihan was immense, won absolutely everything and deservedly MOM. 

The conditions stopped us from playing how we like to play and took Buckley and Rothwell out of the game but everyone did their job and turned up. 

Oh, Preston were sh*te. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Perhaps a bit of a weird thing to say after a win but one of the most pleasing things to see was Mowbray throwing an absolute wobbler after Gavin Ward dropped another bollock. PASSION! Seeing it from the manager and players cranks it up in the stands too. Where the hell was that passion the last few seasons when he just slumped in the dugout?

I think the return of the fans has made a massive difference for Mowbray. I absolutely hated his body language last season but he seems a changed man this time around and you can't really question his passion anymore.

I fear one of the worst things that could happen for us right now is another lockdown.

Edited by OsloRover
better wording :)
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Well, I've given criticism when it's due so I'll give praise where it's also due as it's only fair...

Tip my cap to Tony Mowbray, well done fella. My main gripe is that he's never seemingly got consistently the best out of his team, especially the back 4, at the moment he's definitely getting the best out of them. Lennihan was immense, won absolutely everything and deservedly MOM. 

The conditions stopped us from playing how we like to play and took Buckley and Rothwell out of the game but everyone did their job and turned up. 

Oh, Preston were sh*te. 

100% accurate. I think we have all been guilty of hammering Mowbray on last seasons nightmare.

But each and everyone of us should be big enough to give credit when it's due

• Like 7

4 hours ago, neophox said:

Massive result!!

Brereton Diaz showed today why he's such a good striker. With him, Dack coming back next month and hopefully some good new player coming in we have a massive chance. Wharton has been immense since his return. Bournemouth here we come.

The one note of caution I'd sound is the effect a new player can have on the team at times. Things are working now and they are probably best left as is.

I remember when Gillespie was coming through at Newcastle and ripping teams apart, taking Newcastle top. They then signed Asprilla, and although he did well overall, they had to accommodate him in the team and, with Gillespie the main loser, this ultimately cost them the league.

What I enjoy most, whether by design or otherwise, is the volume of young lads that have come to age with the club getting results. Most of the starting 11 and 18 each week have been with Rovers since they were teenagers. Almost all have played with the 23s many with the 18s.  About time we’ve given the kids a chance to shine. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Preston can win there we can.

Tyrone, you are old enough to know football doesn't work like that.

1 hour ago, Roverinbelfast said:

I've heard the Boro game has been moved to Monday night on Sky

2 minutes ago, yankfan said:

What I enjoy most, whether by design or otherwise, is the volume of young lads that have come to age with the club getting results. Most of the starting 11 and 18 each week have been with Rovers since they were teenagers. Almost all have played with the 23s many with the 18s.  About time we’ve given the kids a chance to shine. 

It’s a credit to the club and the legacy of Jack. A club like us will need to develop players from within and we’re finally giving those lads a chance. Without the pandemic or FFP, we’d probably still be running out 35 year olds on their final days of professional football.