BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

This team works hard for each other and I love the midfield three at the moment. The conditions today didn’t suit our style of play, quick breaks and tricky close control was not possible today so I couldn’t see us scoring, but what a fantastic goal it was, an amazing header! Preston had more of the ball and generally passed it better but didn’t do anything with it. They are dirty bully boys who were allowed to foul without censure from Gavin Ward the referee and seemed to get every iffy decision in their favour such was the terrible standard of refereeing. As a result I believe we deserved the result today. 

However, we are scoring from very few chances created, the exact opposite to last season. I am concerned what will happen when our luck runs out, another long run of defeats maybe. I am not getting too carried away because our goals could easily dry up as we are relying too much on BBD. At least we should enjoy it whilst we can and hopefully we make some good additions in January that will improve the number of chances made. 

• Like 2

An occasion and result that was very nearly ruined by a waterlogged pitch due to Waggott reneging on his promise to provide a new one and the worst officiating performance I think I've ever seen from the referee and the linesman on the Riverside.

But we managed to score a superb winner from the one real moment of quality in the game and it turned into a massive three points.

Credit where it's due, we didn't really adapt to the freakish conditions first half but in the second someone had obviously had a word, we moved the ball about far quicker and fully deserved the three points in the end.

The owners need to step in and take the contract situation by the scruff of the neck now, no-one should be permitted to leave in January and de-rail the momentum we have unexpectedly built up.

I'm really enjoying my football for the first time in many years, probably for the first time since Hughes left. You've got to love the spirit these young players are showing.

Still think the pitch will become more and more of an issue the deeper we get into winter.

• Like 7

Not biting on the above, its been posting this kind of tripe in several threads tonight. Its a bit troll tbh.

Anyway

Without the points deductions handed out to Derby and Reading, PNE would be in a real struggle this season. Their fans not happy with Mcevoy and his tactics (or lack of them). Apparently they're sick of him wanting Riis to keep doing that long throw when it never works and also removes their top scorer from being in the box. Reminds me of Kane taking corners for England.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Not biting on the above, its been posting this kind of tripe in several threads tonight. Its a bit troll tbh.

Anyway

Without the points deductions handed out to Derby and Reading, PNE would be in a real struggle this season. Their fans not happy with Mcevoy and his tactics (or lack of them). Apparently they're sick of him wanting Riis to keep doing that long throw when it never works and also removes their top scorer from being in the box. Reminds me of Kane taking corners for England.

On 03/12/2021 at 10:09, BigUts said:

Really, really want to go to this one. I bought a Half ST which doesn't start until the 29th December. Deffo should have gone for the 17 game on as now I'm broke!

Might have to stick it on the fantastic plastic 😆

Any Rovers fans want a good laugh just head over to the Nobbers message boards. 

Makes you realise us Rovers fans ain't as salty and negative as some would believe. 

Best Post I saw was Rovers are a 'poor poor' side.

The conditions yesterday never came into it 

7 hours ago, rigger said:

I will always want Mowbray gone. Results will not change my opinion of him.

Genuine qurstion pal but if you're not judging him on results is it down to something like his involvement in the training ground sale. I can def understand your thinking if so.

30 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Any Rovers fans want a good laugh just head over to the Nobbers message boards. 

Makes you realise us Rovers fans ain't as salty and negative as some would believe. 

Best Post I saw was Rovers are a 'poor poor' side.

The conditions yesterday never came into it 

Yeah read those. Common consensous is they cannot believe we're 4th. Not much better than them apparantly despite 11 points and how many positions different in the league. They are not taking into account the conditions at all. It suited them more as we like to play rather than lump it forward at every opportunity. It stunted us in the first half but we got a little more clever second and had that one bit of magic needed.

In good conditions, they'd see why each club is in its respective position.

Im not saying we're brilliant, and it does point to a very average division this season, but they cannot somehow use last night as a barometer of the quality of both teams. That's what the table is for.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

Make no bones about it, this was a turgid game lacking in any long periods of quality. 

Preston came for a fight, and although the conditions acted as a bit of a leveller, they literally just fired the ball as high as possible to their very physical front 2 hoping to pick up some bits 'n' pieces on the 2nd ball.

I thought we coped admirably and the whole of the back 3 deserve a lot of credit to standing up to the task. Although Darragh deservedly picked up the MOTM award it could have gone to any of those 3 IMO.

Our 2 moments of quality did and almost produced goals. The cross and subsequent header from BBD were sublime. A classic header from Big Ben. Glancing on the run-and-jump, nestling just inside the far post is a real sight to behold in football. Ecstasy ensued (although the dick heads in the BBE with the flares etc. should stay at home with mummy).

Our biggest attendance in a long while, all in the back drop of ridiculous ticket prices. The club should go all out and ensure the place is as full for the rest of the season. This young team deserves all of our support and they really could do something special now. Barring the top 2 the league is wide open and we are really in with a chance. IF we CAN make a couple of small tweaks in Jan we would have a real chance come May. 

• Like 5

Outstanding result if not performance. Amazing what having Gally not on the wing is doing!

The 3/5 man defence suddenly is working because Wharton and JPVH are better than both the loanee’s we had last season, and any centre halves we have had for a while. Thankfully one of them is ours as well. Somebody please tell me his contract has some length on it.

• Like 1

For those singing that Mowbray is the mosiah have short memories. We've been here before, on a run and fans begin to think there is a chance. Then the wheels come off.

But this season feels different, since the Fulham game momentum and confidence seems to be building. Three clean sheets on the run is something new.

Previous seasons we would have been bullied and lost yesterday. Memories of the 2nd half against Luton. I will give Mowbray credit, yesterday Browne and Whiteman were getting on top and he brought Johnson on. It allowed Travis to nulify Browne and Johnson took Whiteman out of the game.

Like when we came out of the third level, Mowbray has come across a formation that works by hook or crook. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Outstanding result if not performance. Amazing what having Gally not on the wing is doing!

The 3/5 man defence suddenly is working because Wharton and JPVH are better than both the loanee’s we had last season, and any centre halves we have had for a while. Thankfully one of them is ours as well. Somebody please tell me his contract has some length on it.

I don't its just because Gallagher isn't playing on the wing! Bit harsh on him actually. He will be useful when he comes back 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wood26 said:

My point is the majority of fans stuck with the manager. Appreciated the situation we was in, appreciated our players are young and growing.

Majority our fans realise Downing, Pears, Ayala were good signings and didn’t ignorantly slam the manager for using his Boro connections.

What I am trying to achieve is weed out the noisy bunch who have been **** all over our manager without seeing the bigger picture.

The real fans got frustrated when performances weren’t there, but we kept level heads and didn’t accuse our manager of only signing players from his old team or rubbishing investing big money in talents like Diaz.

I am happy for the real fans, enjoying our season. And I’m laughing at the message board/social media dead beats picking their arse.

On a day of joy for all Rovers fans you prefer to divide us into "fans" and "real fans". (I suppose real fans are those with a different view to you?)

Well done!

• Like 5