BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

3 minutes ago, lraC said:

Just all round grit and determination there, which has been lacking for a long time. It was not a day when any football could be played, but every high ball was met with a Rovers head and the closing down was exceptional.

Lenihan got the man of the match, but any of the centre backs could have. 

Brereton is not only scoring, but working as hard as anyone on the pitch too.

Out for a family meal shortly, with amongst us my son and Grandson, who attended the match, so it should be a good night. 

Ah enjoy your family meal mate - this is what it’s all about 🍻

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead

Absolutely awful game of football and it was inevitable that a set piece goal would decide it. Thanks goodness it was a set piece of ours! Very happy leaving the ground after that! COYB!

• Like 1

The defence was outstanding today and, indeed, for the past few games. I don't think I've said that about our defence for about 10 years! 

Having 3 centre halves has transformed us as a team. We look so much more compact and resilient. Much better than the gung go, wide open football we've seen previously where we've needed to score 3 to win a game. 

We've got a genuine chance of getting top 6 this year, but Jan will be a key month and what we decide to do in the transfer market. 

• Like 7

First half was poor, the way the ball was holding up it was so hard to play any football and we couldn’t really get anything going. Gavin Ward doing Gavin Ward things, gets in Rothwells way and then blows up and gives the ball to Preston! Unbelievable and it was nice to see Tony getting animated and showing some passion on the touch line for once! 

Second half the ball wasn’t holding up as much and we were able to play a bit more football, it wasn’t great but all it needed was one moment of pure quality from Khadra finished off by Diaz. Rothwell and Travis and Buckley all getting stuck in, in the middle was a joy to see and the defence was solid. Diaz ran himself into the ground. Gavin Ward again doing Gavin Ward things and denying Preston an absolute stonewall penalty. What a day finished off with a curry. Class. 👍🏻

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Absolutely awful game of football and it was inevitable that a set piece goal would decide it. Thanks goodness it was a set piece of ours! Very happy leaving the ground after that! COYB!

which set piece did we score from the goal was from open play

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Preston can win there we can.

7 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

MASSIVE game next week! I 

I will go out on a limb and say that was Breretons best goal of the season so far. Closest thing to a Shearer header we have seen for a while.

I will be ecstatic If we don't get beat at Bournemouth.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

MASSIVE game next week! I 

I will go out on a limb and say that was Breretons best goal of the season so far. Closest thing to a Shearer header we have seen for a while.

Huge game and a proper test of where we are. We're in a great run of form but Fulham, Bournemouth & West Brom are the stand out sides in the league.

Rudy was pretty special in the air.

• Like 2

Defence is absolutely sensational imo, good in the air, good on the deck. It was superb throughout the match. Pears had absolutely nothing to do.

Attacking wise offensively we were shocking first half. Second half better and scored a good goal and probs should have had another on the break.

I look across the XI and everyone is quality at this level. Buckley despite the conditions had some great moments on the ball, Khadra and Brereton were superb with the goal. Rothwell broke through with his runs.

It wasn't an attractive game, very attritional. But Rovers had obviously the better defence and the better attack.

We were quite fortunate with the penalty shout it has to be said though.

Also have to say Pickering is the real deal.

What's different this year is the defence is good enough to get results regularly no matter how the rest of the team plays.

Edited by joey_big_nose

16 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

Huge game and a proper test of where we are. We're in a great run of form but Fulham, Bournemouth & West Brom are the stand out sides in the league.

Rudy was pretty special in the air.

Santa Cruz (first spell) wasn't bad either.

• Like 4