BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

1 minute ago, booth said:

Amazing how PNE fans think they "bossed" the first half. It's no wonder they are down the bottom if they think that's "bossing" forty five minutes. Sure Rovers were poor and Preston looked like they were on top in terms of effort but I wouldn't say they were bossing anything.

pitch and weather a great leveller,i think we`de have won easily otherwise

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Amazing how PNE fans think they "bossed" the first half. It's no wonder they are down the bottom if they think that's "bossing" forty five minutes. Sure Rovers were poor and Preston looked like they were on top in terms of effort but I wouldn't say they were bossing anything.

The pitch levelled it out for the first half. We couldn’t play our game at all. If it hadn’t have been absolutely pissing it down we would have won 2 or 3 nil today. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Gav said:

Now sod off back to Preston and resume your rivalry with the mighty Seasiders (Proper fans by the way).

Made up by that result, just superb.

Steady on Gavlar I have to live here. It’s going to be wonderful now mind. 
Given Nob End  results against the top teams, our result today must send out a statement to the likes of WBA etc.

5 minutes ago, J*B said:

For the first time since Charlton away in League 1… I’d give Mowbray an contract extension. 

Nope. Make him earn it. A couple of weeks in top 6 does not erase his any failings in the past. Reassess at the end of the season, if he cocks it up get rid. 

• Like 3

I'm one of Mowbray's harshest critics, but he can not be faulted at the moment.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, Ewood was buzzing.

Guts, determination and a dose of quality to win the game.

Please Tony, don't start tinkering now. This is the best shot we've had in years.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 9

That stop by Pears in first half was nearest noblers got on a water pitch that one more heavy down pour would have ended the game. Surface water partly drained away in second half. We played solid at the back thanks to good understanding and team spirit. Great atmosphere in the ground & even coming away after the game with fans singing heading off over to Mill Hill.

We could be on to something this season. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

For the first time since Charlton away in League 1… I’d give Mowbray an contract extension. 

Maybe the thought that he's leaving and the thought he thinks he's going, at the end of the season. has lead to the players playing with a bit more freedom and ferocity and he's standing back and letting them ?

Just another train of thought but one worth considering.

• Like 1

just got back so not had chance to read the board . conditions were against us but the defence was fantastic dealt with the aerial bombardment and the 3 centre backs especially deserve a mention but to a man we stuck to the task. fantastic result and the huddle at the end said it all about this team and the spirit and togetherness . well done to all 👏👏👏

• Like 5

Awful conditions but a great battling win, one bit of quality from Kehdra and Diaz was the difference. 

Ref might as well have worn a PNE shirt absolute disgrace of a performance.

Great to see some grit and fight from the lads, special mention for Bradley Johnson who basically came on to smash a few heads together 😂

Atmosphere class once the ref riled us all up really enjoyable day out and long may it continue.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm one of Mowbray's harshest critics, but he can not be faulted at the moment.

That was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon, Ewood was buzzing.

Guts, determination and a dose of quality to win the game.

Please Tony, don't start tinkering now. This is the best shot we've had in years.

He’s better when his options are limited. Give him choice and he can’t cope with a formation, style or team selection. Ironically if we sign players in Jan and in the unlikely event lose no one it’ll trigger his instincts to fuck about and we’ll no doubt go on an overdue Mowbray death spiral. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, roverblue said:

Awful conditions but a great battling win, one bit of quality from Kehdra and Diaz was the difference. 

Ref might as well have worn a PNE shirt absolute disgrace of a performance.

Great to see some grit and fight from the lads, special mention for Bradley Johnson who basically came on to smash a few heads together 😂

Atmosphere class once the ref riled us all up really enjoyable day out and long may it continue.

I think that's unfair, he's just a bad ref. He didn't give them a very, very legitimate penalty shout

Ya I was very impressed with Johnson when he came on. Basically ye won't bully me 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

Steady on Gavlar I have to live here. It’s going to be wonderful now mind. 
Given Nob End  results against the top teams, our result today must send out a statement to the likes of WBA etc.

Pump that chest out Ian, you deserve a bit of gloating.

• Like 2