BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

14 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sad. I would hate to be that miserable. 

If we get promoted you can go off and have a cry 

At no point have I put down the Rovers. I just don't like Mowbray, mainly because of his statements to the media.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't its just because Gallagher isn't playing on the wing! Bit harsh on him actually. He will be useful when he comes back 

Yeah but at the moment we are interchanging Khadra and Dolan with great success, and you would hate for one of the existing team to be benched to make way for him.  He’s going to have to wait his turn until called for surely.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, rigger said:

At no point have I put down the Rovers. I just don't like Mowbray, mainly because of his statements to the media.

I get that, do you not think the statements to the media get less ridiculous though when we're doing well?

8 minutes ago, J*B said:

And yet there wasn’t the ingenuity to take advantage, again. I’d have had the ticket office reopen at full time, Birmingham tickets £15 for adults anywhere in the ground, with the PA system urging people to go. 

This should be pushed 100%...all the games over Christmas.Thousands back home,let's get them into Ewood.

• Like 1

Woke up still buzzing 😀

Been a long time since it’s felt this good to be a Rover and enjoying it while it lasts. Enjoying seeing so many turnarounds and the fan base united for once. Glad to see players come of age and Mowbray finally find a winning formula. Good luck to all of them.

Ignoring the smug cnuts who think they are Nostradamus. They must be so devoid of any joy in their lives if they get kicks from slating their fellow fans after such a great win. But then they take great pleasure in seeing their club lose, the losers.

A loss against Bournemouth wouldn’t be the end of the world, it’s what we do next that matters. If Mowbray resists his urge to tinker there’s no reason we can’t carry on this form for the rest of the season and achieve the impossible.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

I get that, do you not think the statements to the media get less ridiculous though when we're doing well?

I don't think Mowbrays statements get less ridiculous when we are winning, I just take less notice of them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, J*B said:

And yet there wasn’t the ingenuity to take advantage, again. I’d have had the ticket office reopen at full time, Birmingham tickets £15 for adults anywhere in the ground, with the PA system urging people to go. 

Marketing tickets just isn’t a thing at Ewood (Sheff Utd being the notable exception). Be it match or season tickets.

It’s generally ‘these are the prices, game is in three weeks’. Obviously a winning team is doing the sales push for them…

49 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Outstanding result if not performance. Amazing what having Gally not on the wing is doing!

The 3/5 man defence suddenly is working because Wharton and JPVH are better than both the loanee’s we had last season, and any centre halves we have had for a while. Thankfully one of them is ours as well. Somebody please tell me his contract has some length on it.

For me the hugely improved defence is a few things ;

1) Committing to 343 which is the most defensively robust tactical setup imo

2) Pickering and Wharton making the left very secure when it's always being weak. Both have been excellent.

3) Travis now being fully fit, and Rothwells work rate much improved giving a solid midfield shield

4) Paying a much deeper counter attacking rather than possession game, so we are much less vulnerable on the break.

5) Having 4 good players who can play CB on the floor and in the air so if someone's out with suspension/injury another one can slot in. (I suspect Carter would do okay too).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Statements in the media have no relevance at all.

You’d rather have a manager who got worse results but delivered more interesting comments in the press??

You don't have to get both. I seem to remember Dalgleish gave interesting comments to the media. But I must remember that it is not 1995.

Good win albeit on a horrible pitch which made passing and running with the ball very difficult.

These were the type of conditions you love to play in but produce football that is not easy on the eye for the spectators.

Great goal and performance from Ben to give us the win and I will be surprised if a decent offer doesn't come in for him next month.

Decent atmosphere from a poor local derby crowd, Riverside wasn't even half full, ticket prices need to be capped at £20 -£25.

Great to beat the nob enders and our youngsters look full of confidence going into a tough match next week.

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I know but do you not think now that if he left it would impact the team and performances? Because it probably would , actually it definitely would 

I'd love to stay and debate the point, but I am off to watch the U23s. 

54 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They all crawl out after a win like that, lose the next few and there'll be no sign.  Take no notice cheap point scoring is the BRFCS virtue signalling.

There are those who'll stick with Mowbray/Venkys whatever they do and those who just can't take to either.  Everybody has their valid reasons but the majority just want to see the team and club doing well regardless.

Some just cannot seem to accept that.

eh?

”They crawl out after a win”… 

“There are those who will stick with TM/Venkys”

Those comments are just taking a swipe at anyone who doesn’t parrot your narrative.

• Like 1

Reckon the 3412 suits Gallagher (and Diaz) much better than the 433 or 4231 as they can get closer to each other, as the width is provided by the wing backs.

I think Gallagher will do pretty well in the system when he gets fit again. Having Diaz, Gallagher, Dolan and Khadra for those two striking roles looks pretty good tbh.

When Dack is back we will be able to share the in the hole role between him and Buckley too.

I'm really liking how things are shaping up. Feels much more like square pegs.

Fully expecting Bournemouth to turn us over but confident we can get back on track after that.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

They all crawl out after a win like that, lose the next few and there'll be no sign.  Take no notice cheap point scoring is the BRFCS virtue signalling.

There are those who'll stick with Mowbray/Venkys whatever they do and those who just can't take to either.  Everybody has their valid reasons but the majority just want to see the team and club doing well regardless.

Some just cannot seem to accept that.

Seems bizarre to take a stand against divisions amongst fans by posting such a divisive statement.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Before a ball was kicked this season, you would have really struggled to put an argument forward for sticking with Mowbray. 

Seeing the bigger picture was exactly the reason for replacing him and there was absolutely no way you, or any other of the "real fans" (as you like to call them) could have predicted this season going like this. Any support of Mowbray up to the start of the season has just been done on blind faith.

And just to be clear, any fans who were calling for him to be replaced only want the best for Blackburn Rovers football club and have ambitions greater than a mid-lower championship finish.

You don't seem to understand that those who thought we were best off sticking with Mowbray did so because we also want the best for Blackburn Rovers and have ambitions greater than a mid-lower championship finish.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't its just because Gallagher isn't playing on the wing! Bit harsh on him actually. He will be useful when he comes back 

Everyone (including Mowbray) will have to accept that Gallagher is useless whatever position he plays in and it's no coincidence whatsoever that we're playing far better without him in the side.

It will be a minor disaster if he is reintroduced in any position at any point other than small cameos off the bench and even then I think we could do better.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Everyone (including Mowbray) will have to accept that Gallagher is useless whatever position he plays in and it's no coincidence whatsoever that we're playing far better without him in the side.

It will be a minor disaster if he is reintroduced in any position at any point other than small cameos off the bench and even then I think we could do better.

He should been seen as Brererton’s stand in my opinion. Playing him anywhere else than up the middle is pointless.  Playing him on the wing is just another illustration of Mowbrays bizarre tactical innovations.

• Like 2