BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

33 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Hopefully. Just last year it was very bad at one stage..I know it's not easy to maintain when you're just patching it up basically, so I'm not critisizing the staff 

No I realise that Bigdog. Looks far better this season probs due to a full close season and hopefully the manager not insisting on training on the pitch as of yet.  

• Like 1

On 05/12/2021 at 18:51, windymiller7 said:

I'm telling you now, that will be lost on a lot of the younger board members.

(Like what I did there? 😉)

On 05/12/2021 at 20:16, rigger said:

You were made for me.

I only twigged after the second post and I'm not exactly one of the younger members.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

paul cook(recently given the heave ho at ipswich) they are made for each other,****house manager for a thuggish team

If they appoint Cook they'll have to give him a damn site more time than Ipswich gave him. He inherited a shocking squad. It took him a while to bring in his own players and then, just when things are beginning to change, they sack him. Basket case of a club. I reckon he could have got them promoted next season.

He's a good manager at that level.

• Like 2

On 05/12/2021 at 06:08, chaddyrovers said:

@north_ender , what your views on your head coach Frank McAvoy? Would you sack him and if so who would you appoint?

Lovely man who tried his best but miles out of his depth and should have been sacked weeks ago. Should never have been appointed to begin with.

Our squad isn't as strong as when we had Davies, Pearson, Robinson, Hugill and others but it's still good enough to be playing way better, and be higher up the league, than we are at the moment. Our defence needs strengthening but our goalkeeper is one of the best in the division, our midfield is strong, and Riis and Evans are decent strikers at this level. Frankie just isn't a manager and couldn't get them playing.

Ryan Lowe seems to be the very strong early favourite with the bookies but we'll see I suppose.

Edited by north_ender
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bazza said:

If they appoint Cook they'll have to give him a damn site more time than Ipswich gave him. He inherited a shocking squad. It took him a while to bring in his own players and then, just when things are beginning to change, they sack him. Basket case of a club. I reckon he could have got them promoted next season.

He's a good manager at that level.

Horrible manager. Trashed all of the existing team replaced the lot and then drew with Barrow.  Ipswich  have consistently created very talented  youngsters. Roy Keane started the rot and then the three “appauling “managers. Paul Jewell,Lambert and Cook who was appointed before the takeover.

“Cooks biggest winning run was 2 matches.  He managed that once in 44 games.”

The US millionaire owners will probably get it right this time. 

20 hours ago, USABlue said:

But we have not been here before, 4th place, ir in the playoffs for more than a couple of hours.  I will back off wanting Mowbary gone for now but it is firmly in the back of my mind he can upset things in a minute.

Granted not been in the playoffs but we've been up and around the playoffs, nicely placed then by the end of the season finishing mid to low table.

I said this season feels different but you can't blame us pessimists from not getting carried away based on past seasons experiences.

8 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Horrible manager. Trashed all of the existing team replaced the lot and then drew with Barrow.  Ipswich  have consistently created very talented  youngsters. Roy Keane started the rot and then the three “appauling “managers. Paul Jewell,Lambert and Cook who was appointed before the takeover.

“Cooks biggest winning run was 2 matches.  He managed that once in 44 games.”

The US millionaire owners will probably get it right this time. 

They were hardly setting the division alight before Keane arrived. 

Be interesting to see who they appoint next, some big names being mentioned 

Just shows again, no guarantees to get out of League 1

50 minutes ago, bazza said:

I didn't know Plymouth's record was that bad earlier this calendar year.

If he has those sort of results with PNE he'll soon be sacked.

Not my cup of tea.  I don't buy that aggressive scouse image....he will piss people off after a while...he's like a scouse Richie Wellens

4 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Ryan Lowe finished last season in a style Tony Mowbray would have been proud of. 

Fingers crossed he ends this season in a similar way.

image.png.a8243a13a2b41cc3a460250e17eb3938.png

Christ that's abysmal! I didn't think there was another club that would stand for that sort of run, not unless a relegation battle was always on the cards. But do it in League One and apparently you get to jump up a league not long later...

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Christ that's abysmal! I didn't think there was another club that would stand for that sort of run, not unless a relegation battle was always on the cards. But do it in League One and apparently you get to jump up a league not long later...

Let’s hope he falls back down. Couldn’t happen to a nicer set of fans.

• Like 1

• J*B unpinned this topic
On 05/12/2021 at 11:33, RevidgeBlue said:

Everyone (including Mowbray) will have to accept that Gallagher is useless whatever position he plays in and it's no coincidence whatsoever that we're playing far better without him in the side.

It will be a minor disaster if he is reintroduced in any position at any point other than small cameos off the bench and even then I think we could do better.

Argh mate, STOP! 🤣🤣….surely we’ve learnt our lesson as layman’s in writing players off. I cannot even comprehend how many didn’t rate Armstrong before his rise…how many laughed at Buckley and sniggered at  Brereton saying there wasn’t a footballer in him!

fwiw SG has started this season with 5 goals in 12 appearances. Average that out and he’s heading for 15-20 goals this season.

Unless we actually know these players, have direct links to the coaches or watch them train everyday I think we should stop embarrassing ourselves with sweeping, I’ll informed judgement.

i squirm regularly at one I made on Wharton a couple of years ago. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Argh mate, STOP! 🤣🤣….surely we’ve learnt our lesson as layman’s in writing players off. I cannot even comprehend how many didn’t rate Armstrong before his rise…how many laughed at Buckley and sniggered at  Brereton saying there wasn’t a footballer in him!

fwiw SG has started this season with 5 goals in 12 appearances. Average that out and he’s heading for 15-20 goals this season.

Unless we actually know these players, have direct links to the coaches or watch them train everyday I think we should stop embarrassing ourselves with sweeping, I’ll informed judgement.

i squirm regularly at one I made on Wharton a couple of years ago. 

There's no comparison whatsoever between say Wharton and Gallagher. You probably made the mistake nearly everyone did on here of writing Wharton off  without ever having seen him play because Mowbray wouldn't give him a chance and kept loaning him out.

By contrast we've seen plenty of Gallagher and you don't have to be Nostredamus to realise we've been sold an overpriced dud. He's 26, not 19 as BB was when he was getting flak, and he's as good (or rather bad) as he's ever going to get.

In his first spell here he looked distinctly ordinary but his one redeeming quality was that he was very willing and had an ability to run the channels. Since those days he looks to have bulked up considerably and lost all his mobility.

Match that up with having no anticipation whatsoever and almost zero technical ability and it's not a happy mix.

• Like 1