BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

Over 20 years since Rovers last beat Preston in any fixture at Ewood Park.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/1108526.stm

Admittedly we didn't play them for 14 years between 2001 - 2015, but since the 15/16 season.

Rovers v PNE at home

P5 W0 D2 L3 F5 A8 Pts2

I also do think this is the start of a season defining run of six games. Particularly in regards to whether we can sneak into the playoffs, or whether we'll revert to type and close back into the pack.

Preston [17th] (h)

Bournemouth [2nd] (a)

Birmingham [14th] (h)

Hull [19th] (a) - Boxing Day

Barnsley [23rd] (h)

Huddersfield [8th] (h) - 2nd January 2022

Brentford [48pts], Watford [47pts], Reading [47pts] and Bournemouth [42pts] occupied the playoff positions after 26 games last season.  

4 out of 6 at home, 18 points available, given the above stats, and the fact Rovers currently sit on 33 points, you'd think if we still want to be in the playoff positions/contention after this period you'd have to get 10+ points. Meaning 3 wins and a draw the minimum requirement.

After those the FA Cup returns, the transfer window opens, maybe some departures? Maybe some arrivals? Dack should be back in January also.

• Like 6

Looking forward to this one, I'm going with a mate. First time since moving up north.

Would love Ayala and Kaminski be back. And if we are sticking with 3412 (and it has been working well) I would like to see JRC get some time at right wing back.

We really should win this one if everyone's fit, we look much defensively better. Lenihan, Ayala, Wharton across the back line is a really tough setup for set pieces, and pretty solid on the floor too. Hard to get much change put of them as we have shown recently.

If Ayala's out I think Van Hecke will do okay. Losing Kaminski will be a massive blow though. Pears seems a really poor keeper to me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

I also do think this is the start of a season defining run of six games. Particularly in regards to whether we can sneak into the playoffs, or whether we'll revert to type and close back into the pack.

Preston [17th] (h)

Bournemouth [2nd] (a)

Birmingham [14th] (h)

Hull [19th] (a) - Boxing Day

Barnsley [23rd] (h)

Huddersfield [8th] (h) - 2nd January 2022

Brentford [48pts], Watford [47pts], Reading [47pts] and Bournemouth [42pts] occupied the playoff positions after 26 games last season.  

4 out of 6 at home, 18 points available, given the above stats, and the fact Rovers currently sit on 33 points, you'd think if we still want to be in the playoff positions/contention after this period you'd have to get 10+ points. Meaning 3 wins and a draw the minimum requirement.

After those the FA Cup returns, the transfer window opens, maybe some departures? Maybe some arrivals? Dack should be back in January also.

A reasonable forecast would be that Bournemouth will beat us. We should beat Hull, Barnsley, Preston. Huddersfield and Birmingham up in the air. Say draws each..

So 11 pts... 

• Like 1

Preston fans I speak to say they've been terrible all season and the managers tactics are dull as anything. Granted they've got a few impressive points though along the way. Apparently their keeper has saved then from a few good hidings though. 

A lot hinges on Kaminski really, seems a bit strange that there's not been much of an update? Believe they're also awaiting news on Barkhuizen who'll be key for them.

IF Tommy K plays I think we'll batter them 4 or 5 nil. If not I can see a high scoring game, but not all in our favour....

I watched them versus Fulham and they certainly handled them better than Rovers did after a ropey start.  I'd get after them early if i was Rovers as if they get a foothold in the game it could be an awkward afternoon.

Remember the old cliche form goes out the window in a derby.

Kaminski 

Lenihan    Ayala/JPvH.   Wharton

Nyambe.   Travis.   Rothwell.   Pickering

Buckley

Dolan                       BBD

Kaminski would be a huge loss…fingers crossed.

id play Ayala if he’s fit. His experience will be really valuable against this lot.

I really hope we can beat these and get a point from Bournemouth. Start of another pivotal week for this group. Beat Preston, avoid injuries and we roll into the Bournemouth game full of confidence! The opposite is not worth thinking of! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Kaminski 

Lenihan    Ayala/JPvH.   Wharton

Nyambe.   Travis.   Rothwell.   Pickering

Buckley

Dolan                       BBD

Kaminski would be a huge loss…fingers crossed.

id play Ayala if he’s fit. His experience will be really valuable against this lot.

I really hope we can beat these and get a point from Bournemouth. Start of another pivotal week for this group. Beat Preston, avoid injuries and we roll into the Bournemouth game full of confidence! The opposite is not worth thinking of! 

Like that team but no Khadra? I understand the sentiment of playing Dolan in this fixture but I find it hard to drop Khadra right now. 

• Like 2