32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team 

Pears or Kaminski 

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe                               Pickering 

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Dolan Brereton 

Subs

Pears or Eastman(depends if Pears starts), Ayala, Edun, Davenport, Clarkson, Khadra, Butterworth 

Rovers to win 4-1.  Brereton with 2, Dolan and Buckley 

Interesting that you've gone for Van Hecke over Ayala, Chaddy. I think there's a decent player in Van Hecke, but I look at the physicality of Riis and Evans & I'd much rather have Ayala in there to deal with them.

Other than that I'd go with the same team.

19 hours ago, damo100 said:

Nobbers have now sold DE bottom tier according to their website. 

Upper tier now on sale.

I knew they would all the day trippers coming for their annual one match at the last min.

Waggot will be in clover his prices justified again, back to A+ next season.

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Interesting that you've gone for Van Hecke over Ayala, Chaddy. I think there's a decent player in Van Hecke, but I look at the physicality of Riis and Evans & I'd much rather have Ayala in there to deal with them.

Other than that I'd go with the same team.

I wouldn't risk Ayala for this game from the start. 

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I knew they would all the day trippers coming for their annual one match at the last min.

Waggot will be in clover his prices justified again, back to A+ next season.

They had sold 3,500 in the bottom tier when they took those off sale and made the upper tier available, so they’ll be struggling to hit that much more at this late stage you’d think…

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They had sold 3,500 in the bottom tier when they took those off sale and made the upper tier available, so they’ll be struggling to hit that much more at this late stage you’d think…

I was assuming they'd sold the 4700 available or thereabouts ?

This is the same Rovers who wouldn't open up the upper tier for Sheff U despite the prospect of another thousand or two ?

Sums them up.

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was assuming they'd sold the 4700 available or thereabouts ?

This is the same Rovers who wouldn't open up the upper tier for Sheff U despite the prospect of another thousand or two ?

Sums them up.

It says on PNE site that they are still awaiting a decision as to whether tickets will be on sale on the day. Although unlikely, had they stuck with the bottom tier there was a chance the bottom tier might sell out on the day, and they would be turning fans away. This way they can get another 3000 in if demand  is there. Possibly.

Either way I’m sure there’s a financial reason to make a few extra bucks behind it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team 

Pears or Kaminski 

Lenihan Van Hecke Wharton 

Nyambe                               Pickering 

Buckley Travis Rothwell 

Dolan Brereton 

Subs

Pears or Eastman(depends if Pears starts), Ayala, Edun, Davenport, Clarkson, Khadra, Butterworth 

Rovers to win 4-1.  Brereton with 2, Dolan and Buckley 

Chaddy, when you say," my team", do you mean the line-up you would choose or the line-up you think Mowbray will choose. 

35 minutes ago, Gav said:

After watching this I'm changing by 3-1 prediction to 4-1 Rovers. 

Blimey, I'd forgotten that drubbing! Them were the days when players weren't afraid to put their boot laces through the ball and bury it in the onion bag. Seems like a lifetime ago.

Wait a minute, it WAS a lifetime ago (for some). Great stuff Gav! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rigger said:

Chaddy, when you say," my team", do you mean the line-up you would choose or the line-up you think Mowbray will choose. 

Yes my team. The front 2 and midfield 3 are our best players so play. 

If JRC was available and fit he would start at right wing back. But he not. 

If Ayala was fit and not been recently injured I would start him but he has so I don't want to take risk ahead of some key games coming up. So Van Hecke keeps his place and he was good last week at Stoke. 

I don't see any need to change the formation given how well we played with it recently and we faced another 3-5-2 team in Preston 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes my team. The front 2 and midfield 3 are our best players so play. 

If JRC was available and fit he would start at right wing back. But he not. 

If Ayala was fit and not been recently injured I would start him but he has so I don't want to take risk ahead of some key games coming up. So Van Hecke keeps his place and he was good last week at Stoke. 

I don't see any need to change the formation given how well we played with it recently and we faced another 3-5-2 team in Preston 

Personally I am not a lover of 3-5-2, I like to see a back 4. I think it is a waste playing Nyambe at wing-back, also I don't think wing-back is Pickerings best position. 

3 hours ago, tomphil said:

It wasn't another thousand or two though. They had sold a handful of tickets and were only expecting to see a few more so the two clubs agreed that they would not open the top tier and those fans got their money back. Rovers would have lost money on staffing the top tier for a small number of fans.

12 minutes ago, Gav said:

After watching this I'm changing by 3-1 prediction to 4-1 Rovers. 

Good times. I remember the ball hanging in the air for what seemed an age before Dahlin connected with it. It was a joy to be at Ewood that season. This game always sticks in my mind as it got a bit frightening on the way home.

Me and my dad almost got caught up in a brawl between Preston and Rovers fans on Bolton Road after the game. A group of Preston fans charged at a group of Rovers fans who were walking right infront of us and it all went off. Seeing that for the first time as a kid was a shock.

Let's hope for a repeat performance tomorrow. The 6-0 part, I mean. Win tomorrow and the excitement builds.

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I am not a lover of 3-5-2, I like to see a back 4. I think it is a waste playing Nyambe at wing-back, also I don't think wing-back is Pickerings best position. 

The LEP's preview today mentions that McAvoy is looking forward to playing against a back 3 as PNE have had trouble against back 4s this season.

It looks like Bauer will be back after missing a few games but Barkhuizen and Hughes might not be fit. Ched Evans could start but at least will come on as a sub - he has two goals in his last two games coming off the bench after being out for most of the season.

10 minutes ago, only2garners said:

It wasn't another thousand or two though. They had sold a handful of tickets and were only expecting to see a few more so the two clubs agreed that they would not open the top tier and those fans got their money back. Rovers would have lost money on staffing the top tier for a small number of fans.

That was a week before the game and before Fulham has clumped us 7 nil though. Sheff u would probably have brought another thousand especially if it was pay on the day.

We know though that at 30 quid Rovers will roll out the red carpet for visitors.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That was a week before the game and before Fulham has clumped us 7 nil though. Sheff u would probably have brought another thousand especially if it was pay on the day.

We know though that at 30 quid Rovers will roll out the red carpet for visitors.

Sheff United ticket prices were £15 so It’s understandable why it wasn’t cost effective to open the upper tier. 

Rolling out the red carpet? I thought we were charging them ridiculous prices?

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Sheff United ticket prices were £15 so It’s understandable why it wasn’t cost effective to open the upper tier. 

Rolling out the red carpet? I thought we were charging them ridiculous prices?

Sheff u selling another thousand of Preston shifting another few hundred is hardly here or there is it given the price differential. If they don't shift another thousand or so it's still a waste of money'

So yes they are getting preferential treatment because there might be a potential few more quid involved.  Still costs the same to open up the tier.