BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (h) - 4/12/21

9 hours ago, north_ender said:

Not confident heading into this one, or any game this season for that matter. I wouldn't be too taken by our last 2 results. We were horrendous at Middlesbrough and were essentially gifted the win. Fulham we did okay with Ched Evans galvanising us but we were still nothing special and only got a point.

My view, and the view of most fans, is that McAvoy is hugely out of his depth. I would be surprised if he does a job on Mowbray tactically like Neil did 2-3 times whilst in charge.

Like any team at this level we have the odd big result in us, like winning away at Bournemouth, but performances have been poor all season on the whole and the majority view is that we need managerial change very quickly if we're to move up the table.

Evans coming back into the team is a big boost as he has been outstanding since signing, and Riis is a big threat up front too, but our defence is there to be got at. We play 5 at the back but don't really have any good wing backs.

In previous seasons we’ve had a real problem with putting poorly performing teams to the sword but this season we’ve been able to do just that. We just haven’t been able to match the in form teams and dropped points. I’m still amazed we’re in fourth.

That said with Mowbray being the Timmy Mallett of football managers with his wacky ideas we never know what he’ll come up with next. So there is every chance of a shock loss. They don’t call him Tinker Tony or Tony Tombola for nothing.

If Wharton and Ayala are playing we’ve got a decent defence - two excellent defenders for this division. We’ve some excellent attacking players along with some good attacking midfielders who have come of age this season. So if we play like we can and we’re unhindered by TM’s meddling we can and should beat any struggling team.

So it’s odd that I think it could go either way - I guess I’ve seen how bad things can be under Mowbray combined with it being a derby. But I felt similar before we played Peterborough.

Thanks for proving not all PNE fans are divs.

Edited by booth
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Lenihan is pretty quick and Wharton not slow. For Championship level they are both decent on the ball. I think they suit 343 very well.

37 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Lenihan is pretty quick and Wharton not slow. For Championship level they are both decent on the ball. I think they suit 343 very well.

Pretty quick, not slow, decent on the ball ?  I would want more than that to base a system on.

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s the Championship, if we end any game with a 2-0 win, 2-0 defeat or a 2-2 draw it isn’t s surprise.

My feelings exactly. Anything could happen.

Just really really really hope Dolan bags

• Like 1

I feel confident. I know we are a scalp but we have the players on form.  Dolan would love a few goals. Diaz needs a goal or two to justify his tattoo on that guys stomach.
I know we have had false dawns but this feels different. I will take fourth in December when so many big clubs are faltering. Including my mate’s beloved Wednesday.   

image.png.afd2230a13bd5502691bd8ca3b96f0ac.png

57 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

This rain needs to stop!!

It's freak weather here in the Ribble Valley, monsooning it down and very windy. Fair enough I live on a hill but I'm sure Ewood isn't much different. It's not going to be good for passing the ball that's for sure.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

at the risk of repeating myself,if ut was £20 all areas we`de have got a 25000 gate,what a ****whit running this club

Based on what? We didn’t often get 25k crowds in the PL. The prices were £15 for Sheffield United and we got maybe 13k home fans on. Let’s not pretend that there are c10-15k out there who would be attending if not for the ticket prices.

Tickets for today are more expensive than they should be and the club need to be far more creative/brave with ticketing in the future, but until we get back to the PL, we’re not seeing regular 20k crowds at Ewood regardless of price.

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, booth said:

It's freak weather here in the Ribble Valley, monsooning it down and very windy. Fair enough I live on a hill but I'm sure Ewood isn't much different. It's not going to be good for passing the ball that's for sure.

Yeah, it’s grim out there! Thought I’d be sound and help my folks walk the dog this morning, not the best idea in retrospect! About to get the train just after 1, even the walk there will be awful!

12 minutes ago, booth said:

I saw it mentioned on the Lancashire Telegraph webpage that "Awful conditions, but still expecting a decent crowd at Ewood.". Must say I'm a bit more worried now, but don't know enough about Preston and how they play. Anyone care to expand on this? Will the conditons favour Rovers or Preston?

So if Preston get a few walk ons they'll be at about 4,500. 

Add to our season ticket base of 7,000 and probably 1,000 giveaways (top tier BBE again) then there is perhaps 13,000. To hit 17,000 we'd need an extra 4,000 Rovers fans paying £30 adults. 

But hey, the clowns at Ewood can claim it is a 'big crowd' and 'busy day' with queues at the ticket office and running out of food and drink, blame the weather and covid and everyone can go home happy having managed such a 'risky' fixture with no trouble.

Heaven help this lot if we ever got 30,000 turning up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, moerpho said:

I saw it mentioned on the Lancashire Telegraph webpage that "Awful conditions, but still expecting a decent crowd at Ewood.". Must say I'm a bit more worried now, but don't know enough about Preston and how they play. Anyone care to expand on this? Will the conditons favour Rovers or Preston?

preston definately,they`re a pretty big side who like to impose theirselves,that said,they are a bit jekyl and hide,terrible one week then ok the other

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

preston definately,they`re a pretty big side who like to impose theirselves,that said,they are a bit jekyl and hide,terrible one week then ok the other

This was make big worry....but thanks for a quick answer! Gonna need beer for this one. COYB!