BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

FA Cup Draw

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wrexham v Sheffield United was a really good watch and the most redeeming feature for me was none of this trendy playing out from the back risky football that bores me. Give me the type of football I have seen here any time although the football snobs might turn their noses up at it. Goals from set pieces, long throws and great intensity.

Both teams first thought was let’s play in our opponents half.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wrexham v Sheffield United was a really good watch and the most redeeming feature for me was none of this trendy playing out from the back risky football that bores me. Give me the type of football I have seen here any time although the football snobs might turn their noses up at it. Goals from set pieces, long throws and great intensity.

I lost interest int he FA Cup yonks ago but actually watched this game and it was a real throwback to old pe internet age FA Cup games.  Old fashioned ground and dodgy pitch, pylon floodlights and no fannying about with the ball.  Good old long balls, long throws.  Route 1 can be exciting if executed well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I lost interest int he FA Cup yonks ago but actually watched this game and it was a real throwback to old pe internet age FA Cup games.  Old fashioned ground and dodgy pitch, pylon floodlights and no fannying about with the ball.  Good old long balls, long throws.  Route 1 can be exciting if executed well.

At a match I am more excited when the ball is in the opposition's box more than anywhere else on the pitch but I find this modern way of trying to pass a way to goals tedious. It's risk versus reward and there are very, very few goals scored by playing out from the back. The number of goals conceded by playing this way is massively outnumbers this.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

At a match I am more excited when the ball is in the opposition's box more than anywhere else on the pitch but I find this modern way of trying to pass a way to goals tedious. It's risk versus reward and there are very, very few goals scored by playing out from the back. The number of goals conceded by playing this way is massively outnumbers this.

Watching Barca 2011 and Spain in 2012 it was unreal to watch but it has now gotten tedious with even crap teams trying to copy this style of play, especially whent he players aren't good enough to do it and they persevere time and again with split centrebacks receiving the ball from the keeper on the 6 yd box.  I watched the Liverpool v Arsenal 1989 game there recently and I enjoyed that style of football better.  More direct but more entertaining too. 

There are no teams who are unashamedly long ball anymore.   There's no players that take on players and go on a dribbly run.  There's no sweeper systems or out and out wingers whipping balls in.

And the short corner is the most infuriating tactic in modern football.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tricky said:

I know Venkys' loan to us is interest-free and 'without the expectation of repayment', but I'd feel a whole lot better if they did this too. That would be something worth applauding for a change - the debt is their fault, but writing off about 200 million isn't something many rich people would do. My personal belief with the debt is that as long as they're doing alright themselves, they'll never call it in, but if they struggle financially they'll asset strip us as much as possible to claw some of it back. Think they might also want some of it back if they sold, which wouldn't be feasible as a buyer wouldn't pay much for us in the Championship anyway. Whatever the case, it would be nice to not have it hanging over our heads.

• Like 6

On 30/01/2023 at 19:27, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

A romantic draw bordering on the erotic.

The only two clubs outside of the established big boys to have won the Premiership. The only two Prem title wins I'd say you could class as fairy tales. I think there's a touch of romance in there.

• Like 1