BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham (h) - 18/12/21

28 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

A wonderful team performance….the back 3 and Buckley were sublime. Both fullbacks faultless and had that Cantona-esque chip from BBD literally took my breath away!

What. A. Team! 

No square pegs in round holes anymore. Every players knows what is required of them and is capable of delivering the goods. I think we’ve got reasonable back up in most positions also.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

No square pegs in round holes anymore. Every players knows what is required of them and is capable of delivering the goods. I think we’ve got reasonable back up in most positions also.

And most of Mowbrays substitutions have been like for like not the usual three or four positional changes we are used to.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And most of Mowbrays substitutions have been like for like not the usual three or four positional changes we are used to.

Yes, we can do that now. The penny seems to have dropped with Mowbray at long last. It’s only if Nyambe has to go off that we have to re-shuffle a bit. Every other position we have a stand in that can play in a similar fashion to the first eleven player.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Norn Iron Rover said:

Totally agree with this. There are no weak links in this current system/line up and everyone is working hard for each other . Long may it last!

Even 3 up and still at 4 players were working hard chasing and harrying I just love that kind of effort, I would appreciate it if we were behind and doing it but 4 up and trying to save the clean sheet like their lives depended on it gives me real hope for this team.  Well done Mr Mowbary.  Imagine if tour half time team talks and subs had not cost us 2 goal leads against Luton and Coventry we'd be sittin in the automatic spots.  I know it's a bit picky just don't tinker and if you get the urge to then finally have a look at the league table and talk yourself out if it.  Can't believe it, I just can't I was convinced we would go down this season unless Venkies replaced him.

• Like 2

• Backroom

I think Mowbray has actually been quite pragmatic for much of his time here as far as style of play is concerned, particularly during long stretches of our League 1 and 18/19 Championship campaign. I think we were either 1st or 2nd for long balls played. Still, it's not a bad thing to be able to switch up styles when needed, and there's no question the current side has some real swagger about it.

Fair play to the manager, i hope he wont revert to type and start making unforced changes.

Credit definitely has to go to him and the coaching staff for the vast improvement in some of the players.

January is a massive month, hopefully no sales and Brighton aint tempted to recall Van Hecke

• Like 2

2 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Its just all clicking into a place, a team that to a man is playing with confidence and at the top of their game.

Mowbray tried the three centre halves a few times previously and it didnt work, he's stuck with his beliefs and now not only is it working, but has totally transformed the team. 

Its beginning to feel a little bit special, with the postponed games today too, we've put some great daylight between us and 7th.

The manager, coaching staff and players deserve so much credit, they are giving us a team to be proud of, and have got so many of us dreaming of what could be?

What a great Xmas present 42 points, 3rd in the league, goal difference looking good and hopefully a few quid to spend in january given we didnt spend our budget in the summer.

Glen I think the difference is he’s had three settled centre half’s that have not been injured. Lenihan has grown into a top centre half and Wharton is going to be a real star. I hope he doesn’t do a Phil Jones. Van Hecke has really settled in after a couple of shit games.

15 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Glen I think the difference is he’s had three settled centre half’s that have not been injured. Lenihan has grown into a top centre half and Wharton is going to be a real star. I hope he doesn’t do a Phil Jones. Van Hecke has really settled in after a couple of shit games.

We’ve got Ayala for cover with Carter and Johnson at a pinch.

Wow! What a day! Had a few quid on a 4-0 win, so I was always confident, but I bloody loved that performance!

No way are Lenihan and Nyambe off in January. Their commitment, performance levels and body language today tells me they want to be here. Tough to single out anyone, but it was a true captains performance today from DL, absolute colossus!

Bit pissed off with Dolan… he’s the one missing out though, and only has himself to blame.

Going up!

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Elvis Biro said:

If you want to come down to earth, have a read of Mowbray's interview on the BBC website. Defeatist, depressing shite.

Who cares what he says in a post match interview? Of course he’s not going to say that we should get carried away. It’s completely irrelevant.

Phenomenal run of form. We will have a blip at some point so let’s enjoy it while it lasts. Hope COVID doesn’t disrupt things further.

• Like 1