BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Lol. Why would Armstrong go for that? Surely would fight for his place?

He doesn’t start games and won’t be in the near future. It was a dreadful move for his career IMO. It never works out for Rovers players that leave for big money.

45 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Even if they miss out, they'll have a very good squad of players next year. Sadly I'm very impressed with their recruitment. 

Mist will move back to their clubs whilst they will have to sell their other good players

Some of these loan fees are getting ridiculous. I seem to remember Mowbray saying the quoted fees are preventing us from landing the higher quality loans.

Bournemouth are paying £1.5m for 6 months of Nat Phillips. Different world, I know, but Spurs have just signed Kulusevski on loan with a loan fee of £8.3m. United want £12m from Newcastle for Lingard provided the loan helps them to stay up. It's madness.

Five hours left to see how much those at Ewood want promotion this season.

4 minutes ago, Swanson said:

They could be working on something, I don't remember this, but was there any info that Maja was in for a medical in august ? Or did that "break" after the window shut ?

Think it was brought up an hour or so before deadline 

Things could be happening but if any fee was agreed with another club surely be known by now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Shaping up to be a very poor window again.  The old excuses will be getting churned out shortly.

As it stands we have a stronger squad than at the beginning of January, and we are second in the league. If we win on Saturday the window will be forgotten.

• Like 2

This is actually disappointing... Even without selling Rothwell, Mowbray said that they are close to bringing players in. 

If we are serious about promotion, then we should have been aggressively trying to strengthen this squad. Not saying sign 5 or 6 players, just 3 quality in key positions would have sufficed. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The signings of Hedges, Markanday & Zeefuik seem to be being ignored…I know Markanday got injured but who could foresee that ?

Giles in, Rothwell retained…that would be decent surely ? 

I would like us to keep whatever monies we have, and put them towards a bid for Van Hecke on a permanant.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

The signings of Hedges, Markanday & Zeefuik seem to be being ignored…I know Markanday got injured but who could foresee that ?

Giles in, Rothwell retained…that would be decent surely ? 

Decent, yes. And I agree that there's a tendency to ignore that we've got some good business done early this window. 

That said, we're still one more player short of it being a really good window. 

• Like 1