BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Deadline Day 2022

1 minute ago, garnersfags said:

How many said that about us 30 years ago....

but it`s bournemouth,a tiny enclave where old people go on holiday and whose football club has spent most of it`s existence in the bottom two divisions,i could handle it if it was sheff wed or similar,but bournemouth,ffs their ground only holds 10000

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lucimo said:

If they don't come off?!! Nothings coming off us it. I'm done with today. What a fucking let down. Another week of tease by TM suggesting deals are close and as usual totally underwhelming. 

Same every window.  We'll get a couple of 'we put an offer in for so and so (at a fraction of their price) but they wanted too much' etc tales around 11pm. 

We had a chance to go for it this year.  Those whose contracts are coming near to an end must be thinking there's a lack of ambition.

• Like 4

Just now, Rochdale_rover said:

Clock is ticking. Decent window. Poor end to it . 

Think it's more to do with what other Clubs have done or are doing.

Would have liked a styles or twine 

Decent if Markanday hadn't been injured and with Mowbray teasing a couple of signings it will be a disappointment if they don't happen. We've sorted out the defensive problem but he can obviously see we need another goal threat.

• Like 1

Agree or disagree that we’ve had a good or bad window but you can’t argue that we have a tinpot administration in place to get deals wrapped up. We fail on deadline day every single time. Waggott, Venus, whoever it is - it simply isn’t good enough to challenge other clubs. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, booth said:

Decent if Markanday hadn't been injured and with Mowbray teasing a couple of signings it will be a disappointment if they don't happen. We've sorted out the defensive problem but he can obviously see we need another goal threat.

We were light in CM even if Rothwell changes his attitude.

Mowbray evidently doesn't fancy Davenport and Johnson isn't good enough. Unless ANOTHER Academy project makes the step up to save him (like Wharton) then we're going to really struggle in the long run. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

but it`s bournemouth,a tiny enclave where old people go on holiday and whose football club has spent most of it`s existence in the bottom two divisions,i could handle it if it was sheff wed or similar,but bournemouth,ffs their ground only holds 10000

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11743/9827260/who-is-afc-bournemouths-russian-owner-maxim-demin

I suppose our lack of midfield players depends on whether we play 5-2-3 or 5-3-2. Buckley gives us the ability to play either - a role that conceivably Dack could play. That leaves us with only two midfield players to cover - with Travis and Rothwell as starters - Johnson, Davenport and Edun as cover. TBH right throughout the team we are in the lap of the gods - suspensions, injuries at the wrong time could bite hard.

Not certain which position worries me most - Striker or Goalkeeper - because the back up for either position appears a significant down grade

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Rich Sharpe joining us live on YouTube now. Taking questions from the fans

"Hi, Rich, why do we bother getting out of bed on TDD?"

"Rich, why are you always the eternal voice of doom and gloom on TDD, generally saying Rovers have shut up shop around 3pm, dashing all the hopes and dreams of Rovers fans everywhere?"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AdamRochina said:

failure to bring in a striker just shows our lack of ambition, pathetic window,  we cant rely on the useless plodder gallagher if BBD is out or out of form,  markandy being injured just meant we had more urgency to strengthen there,  kiss top 2 goodbye

Whilst I won't knock Gallagher, I can't help thinking that this is a massive missed opportunity to give us a push to get automatic promotion, which would massively help the club to recover financially.

• Like 2