BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

38 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

City are looking to loan Liam Delap out… really hope we at least ask about him, next to no chance of it happening but y’know, worth a punt…

Dingles linked with him. And also Southampton apparently want to sign him on a permanent deal. There’s no chance he comes here, not even worth asking! 

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

QPR, Birmingham, Dingles, Blackpool, Watford, Huddersfield all changed manager this summer with less time to plan for it yet all or nearly all have cracked on with recruitment.

Then there's the clubs that got relegated or promoted yet have got on with it.

Ultimately when there's the will and the cash stuff gets done. There's neither here.

Erm who have Blackpool signed?

Birmingham 35 year old John Ruddy. Placheta from Norwich on loan? 

QPR lost a load of players and signed Kenneth Paal on a free from Zwolle (no idea on him) and Clarke-Salter on a free (again no idea on him apart from he's spent his career at average clubs on loan), Tyler Roberts - could be ok, time will tell.

Huddersfield have lost a manager who performed miracles and got a centre half from Cheltenham, Connor Mahoney who's done nothing since leaving us, Kasumu from MK Dons and a giant who's spent his career in the national league.

Burnley is an interesting one. Twine I'd liked to have taken a punt on. Harwood Bellis was decent for us. The rest I've no idea on really but almost certain they're big downgrades on the departures and they're still likely to lose a few more.

Watford lose shitloads and have signed Bayo who's had a good season in Belgium, might be ok though and Manaj from Barca, no idea on him but from decent pedigree.

So in summary, how many of these players mentioned are you dazzled by? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Jo Inge Berget seems the likely one after reading this.

BTW good job on the Swedish currency, "Koroma", lol.

Edited by OsloRover
sp
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We're being played Chaddy. Don't you see it?

Bring in another bloke who is supposedly going to aid recruitment 2 weeks before the start of the season, people calm down for a few weeks expecting big things, sees them through to January with the promise of jam tomorrow from the new setup.

What matters is here and now. Beyond the ludicrous situation of appointing a head of recruitment 2 weeks before the season having waited all summer, they're just buying themselves time again.

It will be another Park - 12 month deal and brought in too late to influence the summer business - what's the point other than to appear to be doing something?

Also, we could bring in the best in the industry, yet given we seemingly pay with magic beans these days, it won’t make any difference no matter how good he is. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Erm who have Blackpool signed?

Birmingham 35 year old John Ruddy. Placheta from Norwich on loan? 

QPR lost a load of players and signed Kenneth Paal on a free from Zwolle (no idea on him) and Clarke-Salter on a free (again no idea on him apart from he's spent his career at average clubs on loan), Tyler Roberts - could be ok, time will tell.

Huddersfield have lost a manager who performed miracles and got a centre half from Cheltenham, Connor Mahoney who's done nothing since leaving us, Kasumu from MK Dons and a giant who's spent his career in the national league.

Burnley is an interesting one. Twine I'd liked to have taken a punt on. Harwood Bellis was decent for us. The rest I've no idea on really but almost certain they're big downgrades on the departures and they're still likely to lose a few more.

Watford lose shitloads and have signed Bayo who's had a good season in Belgium, might be ok though and Manaj from Barca, no idea on him but from decent pedigree.

So in summary, how many of these players mentioned are you dazzled by? 

It's not a question of being dazzled by them. 

I didn't embark on analysing those players because I don't know enough to judge them, certainly not at this early stage. Quite right though some I would have been happy to see here, some not.

The point I was making was more that the recent appointment of a new manager is not an excuse for not being able to complete transfers - other clubs in similar circumstances have managed it.

Of course we can debate the quality of those signings, only time will tell, but they've got business done.

Bringing in a new head of recruitment on a 12 month deal far easier and cheaper than signing decent players.

Job done - fanbase see things happening and believe foundations are being put in place. Let's focus on January and next summer one the new regime is settled in and up to speed and we've the Brereton money available.

Let me guess. By then things will also be easier with FFP as we enter a new phase.

Heard it all before. We need players, good players, and quickly. Window dressing going on here

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes. JDT says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes. JDT says yes. Swag says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes.JDT says yes. Swag says yes. Suhail says no.

Head of recruitment identifies target. Broughton says yes, JDT says yes. Swag says yes. Suhail says yes. Passed to India. Pause. Venkys say yes. Player has already signed elsewhere.

We now await Broughton recruiting a head of recruitment to start the process of player recruitment. This is so exciting.

Footnote. This gets really complex when you apply the above process to the recruitment of a new Head of Recruitment.

The absolute state of our football club.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We're being played Chaddy. Don't you see it?

Bring in another bloke who is supposedly going to aid recruitment 2 weeks before the start of the season, people calm down for a few weeks expecting big things, sees them through to January with the promise of jam tomorrow from the new setup.

What matters is here and now. Beyond the ludicrous situation of appointing a head of recruitment 2 weeks before the season having waited all summer, they're just buying themselves time again.

It will be another Park - 12 month deal and brought in too late to influence the summer business - what's the point other than to appear to be doing something?

Can’t help but wince when I see ANOTHER day and ANOTHER reason(*) to have a good old bellyache.

*reason - JDT is getting another member of his own staff… no idea why that’s a problem but don’t let me interrupt the setting up of gallows.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

The absolute state of our football club.

If we’d signed a load of old dross or sascha petschi esq nobodies, you’d be saying the same thing.

Give JDT at least a few months for god sake. How about one or two windows?

• Like 1