BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

• Moderation Lead

Probably would have helped if this had happened a week or so earlier, then we could have afforded to keep Lenihan…

In all seriousness though, good player when fit, but never actually fit. Get him gone though for me.

• Like 7

So that would be just the two first team centre halves left (and one of those was on loan in the third division last season).

Big rebuild (sorry I mean big potential loanee list to work through) for the DoF, or whoever the hell makes decisions down there. Seven weeks to go…

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would let him and look to bring someone who will be available for majority of the season 

Providing we can actually replace him, i'd let him go, he spends too long on the treatment table.

But we'd be down to just 2 centre backs and no experienced player in there

I think it's the best time to be getting rid of dead wood and any player that isn't fully committed to the club. 

New dof

New head coach very soon🤞

Hopefully also a couple of new additions to the coaching staff

Fresh start and nfresh ideas all around. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

If Ayala was consistently fit we would probably have one of the recently promoted / relegated sides knocking on our door. As it is, he is consistently injured for >50% of our games so is basically a waste of wages.

If anyone wants to take him, even for nothing, I'd have him gone and try to put the dosh towards either a young up-and-comer who costs a fee with smaller wages, or one of the more experienced frees knocking about.

There's something I can't grasp about this pre-season. Anyone help.

All players are under contract until June 30th 2022, yet can agree deals with other teams - Lenihan to 'boro - to commence on July 1st.

Players are back in on the 13th June, so shouldn't all outgoing players (Nymabe specifically) be expected at Brockhall on Monday? Is Lenihan even allowed to train with Middlesbrough before his Rovers deal expires - since we're still paying him?

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

There's something I can't grasp about this pre-season. Anyone help.

All players are under contract until June 30th 2022, yet can agree deals with other teams - Lenihan to 'boro - to commence on July 1st.

Players are back in on the 13th June, so shouldn't all outgoing players (Nymabe specifically) be expected at Brockhall on Monday? Is Lenihan even allowed to train with Middlesbrough before his Rovers deal expires - since we're still paying him?

I believe players are officially allowed to negotiate with other clubs when in the last month of their contract if in the same country. They can negotiate an exit up to 6 months before if the clubs are abroad (I think this would also apply to Scotland and the Welsh teams barring those which play in England). I guess Rovers could in theory demand Nyambe and Lenihan train with us until the end of their deals expire but I would guess they probably wouldn't expect them to do so.

If players don't agree a new deal with any club after their contracts have expired then they also get one month's salary from the PFA to help them out.

Under normal circumstances and primarily with Lenihan going I wouldn't want to sell another centre half but given his wages (rumoured to be in the top three earners) and awful injury record I would sell him. We just can't rely on him to stay injury free.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Under normal circumstances and primarily with Lenihan going I wouldn't want to sell another centre half but given his wages (rumoured to be in the top three earners) and awful injury record I would sell him. We just can't rely on him to stay injury free.

When he’s fit he’s the best centre half at the club. He doesn’t make the mistakes that Lenihan does. Having said that given his previous record you can’t rely on him at all.

• Like 1

I think it would be a big surprise if any club actually paid for Ayala. I think it probably will be more likely that he'd negotiate a release and go on a free - that's if the rumours are true, which we don't know. If a bid did come in, there really should be little hesitation, I think. We'd need to bring in a experienced CB anyway, as most of our defenders are lacking experience. 

On a different note, I saw that Rich Sharpe in the LET online, discussing Jacob Davenport and his potential move to Aberdeen stated: "The 23-year-old managed only 36 appearances across an injury-hit stay with Rovers, and didn’t feature at all in 2022."

I think that's possibly inaccurate, as, from my memory, Davenport wasn't injured so often but just overlooked by Mowbray. I could be wrong.

Edited by riverholmes

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would let him and look to bring someone who will be available for majority of the season 

Could leave Rovers with an interesting decision 😂

Like which taxi firm we are sending him to the airport with.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I think it's the best time to be getting rid of dead wood and any player that isn't fully common to the club. 

New dof

New head coach very soon🤞

Hopefully also a couple of new additions to the coaching staff

Fresh start and nfresh ideas all around. 

The real deadwood are our disinterested owners

• Like 4

Ayala is a class defender at this level but i'd say it'll be near impossible to get 10 straight starts out of him.

Given age and wages as well if there is an opportunity to let him go without having to pay him up it's probably best.

However on the back of Lenihen going and no JPVH i'm really beginning to get concerned about this coming season.  This new DoF and incoming whomever better have some solid defensive ideas and good contacts.

Because they'll have nee brass.

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead
55 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

I think it would be a big surprise if any club actually paid for Ayala. I think it probably will be more likely that he'd negotiate a release and go on a free - that's if the rumours are true, which we don't know. If a bid did come in, there really should be little hesitation, I think. We'd need to bring in a experienced CB anyway, as most of our defenders are lacking experience. 

On a different note, I saw that Rich Sharpe in the LET online, discussing Jacob Davenport and his potential move to Aberdeen stated: "The 23-year-old managed only 36 appearances across an injury-hit stay with Rovers, and didn’t feature at all in 2022."

I think that's possibly inaccurate, as, from my memory, Davenport wasn't injured so often but just overlooked by Mowbray. I could be wrong.

Bit of both, I think!